Buyer hasn’t pid and I’m going on holiday - should I cancel the order to avoid negative feedback

Buyer hasn't paid and as of now - 7.30am - they have 12 hours left of the 4-day deadline in which to pay. All their feedback is positive for prompt payment so it's a bit puzzling why they haven't paid yet and there has been no response to any communications I've sent to the buyer. I'm going on holiday later today so, should they decide to pay, obviously I can't post (Nike trainers to authenticator). Should I cancel the order to avoid negative feedback from the buyer that the item was late being posted? I have informed them I'm going on holiday. 

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Buyer hasn’t pid and I’m going on holiday - should I cancel the order to avoid negative feedback

No, you should not cancel the order,  this ould be without the buyer's permission, and would land you with a seller fee to pay but more damaging would be the defect your account would receive.

It's always advisable to cancel all listings at last a week before leaving on holiday to deal with any returns, item not received,  or as in your case to close an order for a potential non payment.

Can you leave your account with anyone trustworthy?  To have the item packed now,  and for the address to be added  when payment rexeived, and posted,  or to be given instructions how to cancel the order for Buyer Has Not Paid?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

No, you should not cancel the order,  this ould be without the buyer's permission, and would land you with a seller fee to pay but more damaging would be the defect your account would receive.

It's always advisable to cancel all listings at last a week before leaving on holiday to deal with any returns, item not received,  or as in your case to close an order for a potential non payment.

Can you leave your account with anyone trustworthy?  To have the item packed now,  and for the address to be added  when payment rexeived, and posted,  or to be given instructions how to cancel the order for Buyer Has Not Paid?

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

If you cancel now, they may well decide to leave you negative feedback.

Is there nobody you can ask to post the trainers on your behalf?

You could parcel them up, put the label on that Ebay provide and then text to say 'post' or 'don't post'.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

Hmmm ... possibly.

Thanks 👍

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

Thanks tressygirl. 

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

You're welcome,  hopefully they'll pay in the next few hours.

Be aware, their feedback leads to no clues as to if they are a good payer or not,  as buyers can Only receive good feedback.

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

I can't print postage label until they pay. 

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent