Buyer cancelled sale and relisted at higher price

I recently bought 2 H45 hair dyes on eBay in stock and paid for them after a few hours I get a notice saying order cancelled as out of stock so why is it resisted at over double the price I have reported the seller to eBay and shall name and shame them here so as people can avoid the seller ****

Thanks for reading

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

plum993
Experienced Mentor

The seller will have received a defect on there account for being out of stock and not supplying you with the items you won,as ebay like sellers to keep on top of there supplies at all times, and do penalise them when they can't supply due to out of stock.

I'm afraid you can't name and shame on any of the ebay boards,and may find the mods edit your post 😉

If you leave the seller feedback, keep it short,so along the lines of "Seller failed to supply the goods" so it doesn't breach any feedback policies and gets removed.

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

As said, seller gets a defect and still has to pay the selling fee.

To maintain his position in the lists he has relisted at a high price so

no one will buy.

Not much point in reporting seller to ebay, as the automatic penalties have already damaged his account and cost him money. Ebay would only take any further action, if he did this repeatedly and accumulated a lot of defects.

As also  said, when leaving feedback, keep it brief, the more you say the more chance there will be something said that allows seller to get it removed.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent