Blocked from selling indefinately but given no reason.

I haven't used my ebay account for some time, mostly I use it for buying item and occasionally sell the odd thing. I've never had any issues and have all positive feedback for both buying and selling. The only occasion there was an issue was during covid in 2020 where I was unable to leave the house to post an item sold, however the buyer was fully refunded.

I went on my account today to find it was restricted, when I spoke to support on live chat they stated they could not provide me with a reason. The agent then refused to escalate the issue without me providing personal information over the live chat without trying to verify who I am first. when I stated I didn't feel comfortable providing this information over live chat they pushed to the point of almost begging which I found very strange.

Has anyone else had an issue like this/found a resolution?

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

plum993
Experienced Mentor

Did you try signing upto ebay managed payment,verify your bank account,see here,Start getting paid on eBay | eBay

If ebay have suspended you indefinately then there is nothing more you can do.

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

There is no return after an indefinite suspension.

It may not even be anything to do with you. eBay routinely suspends any member whose account they "associate" with another user who has been indefinitely suspended. This can be another user who lives at your address, or even one who has used the same connected device to log in to eBay.

We once heard from a business seller who lost his business overnight after his son at the same address had his account suspended indefinitely.

It's hard, and unfair, but it's eBay's site and the user agreement entitles them to suspend any user at any time, and they don't have to give the reason.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

When an account has been idle for a while, it can be blocked for security reasons... this may have happened ? and details need to be reset/updated including the payment method for Selling >

Some requirements have changed including the need to set up Managed Payments with Current UK Account Banking details in order to send / rec eive Payments for transactions ... check in these links >

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/account/changing-account-settings/changing-account-settings?id=4193

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/getting-paid/start-getting-paid-ebay?id=4795&st=12&pos=2&query=S...

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent