Asking buyer to use a different courier/ eBay say she's not protected?

Hi. I tried to buy an item listed with collection from a parcel shop, but the parcel shop was too far away.I was refunded and she kindly added Evri option,at my request ,  so I bought it again.

The problems is( I've never experienced this before) when she buys the Evri label it gives you the option to select to send to a parcel shop, or send to my house. She's been told by eBay that she's not covered to send to a different address. I've just rung eBay and they told me the same . 

Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

Sellers are required to deliver to an address provided by eBay.

This will be your registered address, or the option of a click and collect shop - or any other address you specified to eBay at checkout.

In this case I imagine that when you checked out the seller was given the address of the parcel shop - but I would have thought they could still send it to your registered address, if this is what you're now asking.

Unless soleone else knows the answer your seller may just have to contact customer support again for clarification.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

Sellers are required to deliver to an address provided by eBay.

This will be your registered address, or the option of a click and collect shop - or any other address you specified to eBay at checkout.

In this case I imagine that when you checked out the seller was given the address of the parcel shop - but I would have thought they could still send it to your registered address, if this is what you're now asking.

Unless soleone else knows the answer your seller may just have to contact customer support again for clarification.

Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

The buyer rightly is checking with eBay. As I said, with  Evri, the sender chooses the options when buying the label, to send to the parcel shop. EBay is interpreting this( she says, and Ive been verbally told the same) that this amounts to her using a different address, which isn't allowed. I can't believe this can be correct but  I await for a solution. Evri is fully tracked

Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

A seller is only protected aginst a non delivery claim if they send to the original address chosen by the buyer at checkout.

Why didn't you correct the address when you bought it again?

Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

Because I had no idea that eBay wouldn't accept the parcel shop option as anything other than standard.. The Royal Mail parcel shop option is 8 miles away, while my own small town has numerous parcel shops. I also  usually buy my labels through eBay it doesn't make sense their system allows me to buy a label through them , but now I'm told I wouldn't be covered, though I'd be covered by Evri.I am surprised 

Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

I am sorry but you are not making sense.

When a buyer checks out they choose either the click and collection option or to have it delivered to their own address, or another of their choosing.  But what they choose at checkout is the address the seller has to send it to or they lose seller protection. 

The identity of the courier is a completely different issue to the address the package goes to.

Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

The seller relisted it with different options. I didn't realise I could divert to a different address at checkout. But I know now. I always assumed a parcel shop collection would be fine. Of course they could have sent to my home. I just wanted a nearby parcel shop collection point. 

Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

And when you checked out what address did you choose for it to be sent to?

Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent

Until yesterday I had no idea I could add another address. Ive now asked for the item to be sent to my home, as it's too complicated . I do have the option with tne courier to redirect to a post office. How does that affect buyer / seller protection? 

Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent