About accepting a Bid offer on a listed item.

An item I'm selling has had an offer made,  I want to accept the offer and pressed the required Accept Offer button but nothing else happens,  then I get another sign asking me to respond to the offer.  This has happened twice,  I've been in contact with the buyer so she knows whats going on.  She wants the item,  I want her to have the item so why can't ebay see to it?       Also what happens if its finally accepted -  do I just wait for payment before posting as usual sales?

By the way,  your Automated Assistant helpline is totally useless, it was only describing goods I'd bought for myself NOT  items I was selling.   Please help -  My heads aching trying to get an answer.  Many thanks.

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

plum993
Experienced Mentor

I'm afraid it's a site issue on ebay's side and until it's fixed nothing you can really do about it,except maybe try a different browser for ebay,and use a PC if using the ebay app

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Thanks for that,  just pleased its not my fault!!.    Valuable reply.

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

While I have no idea why you cannot accept, you should understand that we are members like you, and Automated Assistant is nothing to do with us, it is EBAY's.

Like any sales, you do exactly the same, you only post after being advised thst buyer has paid.

Saying this it gave me an idea,ebay has recently introduced instant payments on BEST OFFERS, so as soon as accepted payment is taken.

Sellers were automatically opted into this system, so unless you opt out, unless the member making the offer has added a payment method, he would not be able  to pay instantly, so therefore you cannot accept.

This is most probably the reason, and it is up to member to fill ininformation requested when making an offer.

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Many thanks for that.  I know the Automated Assistant is not you responders responsibility, sorry if I gave the impression I was blaming you good people.  Think I was just at the end of my patience after spending almost 2 hours trying to get someone at Ebay to understand my problem.

Again thanks for your reply

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent