£50 Item failed after 4 months

Hey Folks, Bought "2X Genuine P108 18V 6.0Ah Li-Ion Battery for Ryobi RB18L50 Battery ONE+ RB18L40"". When they arrived, as expected sadly based on the price, these where not Genuine. After sending a few messages to the seller and trying to leave a one star review (as i heard nothing back) I stupidly didn't get eBay involved, instead just used the batteries. They were OK, but didn't hold charge for long and where sub standard. Now four months in, both of these have failed completely.

eBay bot won't allow me to contact them and can't find the link i've used in the past to talk to a human for suggestions, so reaching out to the community to see what people think i should do as the next step.

Thanks,

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You realised on receipt that they were not genuine.  You do get what you pay for - especially when you buy online.

You did need to open a case for return within 30 days of receipt.  Outside of this period, you can't do anything through Ebay.

You can try contacting the seller, or get in touch with Citizens Advice.  If you bought from a UK business seller, Citizens Advice may be able to help with 'next steps'.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

You realised on receipt that they were not genuine.  You do get what you pay for - especially when you buy online.

You did need to open a case for return within 30 days of receipt.  Outside of this period, you can't do anything through Ebay.

You can try contacting the seller, or get in touch with Citizens Advice.  If you bought from a UK business seller, Citizens Advice may be able to help with 'next steps'.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Yeah - for sure this is what I was thinking as said in my orginal post... sadly my own fault.

Thanks for your reply

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent