2013 Bentley Continental GT reg # v70 SSH

Ebay advert on 15 March 24, I ordered and paid for above vehicle on 21 march 24, organized delivery on 20 April, it didn't arrive, it cost £14,988  paid for by bank transfer, where are your garrentees, you vetted the customer, you charged the seller for advertizing, I am nearly 15k  loss, the banks are working on it, what is Ebay doing to retreive my outlay.  

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

plum993
Experienced Mentor

As a buyer you need to read the Money back Guarantee process here,https://pages.ebay.co.uk/ebay-money-back-guarantee/

Vehicles are not covered by ebay,and neither are bank transfer payments,so ebay are not responsible,and it sounds like you are the victim of a scam.

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Ebay don't offer any guarantees on vehicle purchases which are not covered by the Ebay Money Back Guarantee.

The advice given here is always the same:

Go and look at the vehicle and don't pay any money over until you have done due diligence regarding the history and condition of the car.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

This is nothing to do with eBay, these type of scams have been well advertised over the years and you're supposed to go and collect your vehicle, check it over and check the V5 and then hand over your payment - you don't pay for a vehicle that you haven't seen. 

For this reason, eBay doesn't offer any kind of buyer protection here.

Didn't you get a warning from your bank when you made the payment? If I try to send a payment to a complete stranger my bank issues me with a warning and I have to tick a box saying that I've read it but still want to go ahead and send a complete stranger some money and that I agree that it will be at my own risk.  Then the bank is covered.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent