postage and packaging extreme quote on multiple purchases

can someone advise me .. ive decided to cancel a sale as the buyer has quoted me p&p costs which i  feel is an extreme amount on two pairs of childs shorts ... she seems to think instead of sending separately at £3.40 and £2.90 shes quoted me £4.50... the items only come to £3.19??? the postage is more than the items themselves ??

am i being unreasonable / unrealistic?

thanks

View Entire Topic

@s-metti wrote:

can someone advise me .. ive decided to cancel a sale as the buyer has quoted me p&p costs which i  feel is an extreme amount on two pairs of childs shorts ... she seems to think instead of sending separately at £3.40 and £2.90 shes quoted me £4.50... the items only come to £3.19??? the postage is more than the items themselves ??

am i being unreasonable / unrealistic?

thanks

You can't complain about postage on the grounds that it is higher than the cost of the items. (Actually you can't complain about postage at all but that's another matter.)  Postage is not charged by Royal Mail or any other carrier on the basis of the value of ordinary items - that is totally illogical. It's not at all unusual for cheaper items to cost less than the postage charged by RM to send them across the country.

So yes - I do think you are being both unreasonable and unrealistic.

By the way - I think it's the seller who has quoted the postage costs, not the buyer. And as the buyer yourself you can't cancel the transaction. You can only ask the seller if they will be kind enough to cancel.

Ask a question