Returns problem

I have a buyer who is wanting to return an item that he has described as defective, however his problem is he was expecting 4mtrs delivered but ordered 1mtr. I explained this to him and offered to send him a 4mtr length if he bought a 3mtr length now as an offer of good will. Listing is not confusing or hard to understand, have sold 100's of lengths in various metre lengths and not had a single problem before. As he started a case for return based on goods being defective I have to pay for return postage not him, may sound silly but if I pay for return and then refund him we will be in the red on the sale as we are talking small amounts and low profit items. I have reported seller for incorrect use of returns against policy, but I am supposed to deal with return before 27th? whats best course of action on this.. I know I can accept return but its a principle thing and I always do my best to be helpful to buyers but I have to draw a line sometimes.

Interested to see your thoughts though..

View Entire Topic

Do nothing and hopefully the buyer will not escalate the case and it will expire.   Or if they do escalate, as you've reported them to ebay first, they will find in your favour.  

Ask a question