New seller

Hi,

I'm quite new to selling but recently decided to make a little bit of extra money by selling my unwanted clothes. I'm struggling with the fact that I'm not able to have access to my money straight away. I know I will eventually get it but until then I'm paying postage out of my own money which is taking its toll. I would understand ebay's need to be precautuious if I was selling a high priced item but I'mselling second hand clothes ranging from 99p to £8. Please could someone let me know how long until my account status is 'normal' 

Thanks in advance

Nicola

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Hi Nicola,

I'm afraid that rule is for all new sellers, whether you start to sell cheap or expensive items.  It is put in place as a kind of insurance for buyers, otherwise anyone can come on here sell items, take the money and not post out the items.

Once you've established yourself as a reliable seller, posting items out promptly, your monies are released, in general this is up to 21 days.

You could post items tracked, though with inexpensive items, you have to weigh up the extra costs here.  Tracked items proving delivery, and notifying Paypal, will release these monies sooner.

Answers (0)