what are you going to make next?

my friend bought me a lovely book of things to make and there is a cute owl in there, I may have a go at that. and I have a pattern for a chicken doorstop which is cute too.

how about you?

Photobucket

Message 1 of 40
See Most Recent
39 REPLIES 39

I'm thinking of knitting a zebra 😉

********************************************************************************
Be not inhospitable to strangers, lest they be Angels in disguise.

Message 2 of 40
See Most Recent

This is my summer project

http://www.elizabethbradley.com/kits/evergreens

Message 3 of 40
See Most Recent

I'm knitting a cabled bag for MDCC.

......................................................................................................................

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer!
Message 4 of 40
See Most Recent

That is beautiful Chips.:-D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 5 of 40
See Most Recent

10phizz
Conversationalist

Lovely Chips, how did you teach your family to levitate ?

Message 6 of 40
See Most Recent

huggles1253

The buttons arrived for Maggie's waistcoat today and Numptys bits are done all bar a few ends being woven in. So, as soon as I get home I need to finalise the border colour and get started....only there are so many tempting yarns out there!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
Message 7 of 40
See Most Recent

Who knows, I just get an idea in my head & end up starting it straight away, thats why I have so many unfinished things around :_|

I have a swishy  fishthat  I must finish & also a witch,  I am crocheting a primary colours blanket as well  at the moment that I just cannot put down :^O

I most probably will end up starting another little cardi for Imogen & I also keep telling myself I need to knit a teddy bear in fluffy wool 😄

" I do love knitting patterns.”
-- Dumbledore, The Half-Blood Prince (2005)
Message 8 of 40
See Most Recent

I'm about to embark on some serious dolls clothes knitting 😄

Looking forward to it 😄

Then, hopefully, can get some real good practice in with learning how to follow a crochet pattern and be more adventurous with it 😄

Message 9 of 40
See Most Recent

Oh! and I've just remembered, I have seen the most adorable knitting pattern for Mary Poppins, so I may just have to knit her too 😄

Message 10 of 40
See Most Recent

I wish I could understand crochet patterns :_|   

" I do love knitting patterns.”
-- Dumbledore, The Half-Blood Prince (2005)
Message 11 of 40
See Most Recent

Me too CK, I'm doubtful that I'll get my head round it, but I don't mind just so long as I learn to do something different to the plain old granny squares, just some new stitches will do 🙂

Message 12 of 40
See Most Recent

I can't sew, but I plan to make cauliflower cheese tomorrow B-)

Message 13 of 40
See Most Recent

Nests. LOL Lots and lots of 'em.

That is really pretty Chips.

What don't you understand about crochet patterns? Maybe I can try to help.

Life is too short so enjoy it while you can!
Message 14 of 40
See Most Recent

Mandymoosie, if you type in simple crochet on google, there are loads of videos that show how to do the different stitches. I have found it really handy 🙂

Just making another little angel top at moment, then some more booties to match. I need to enlarge a pattern though, and I haven't got a clue how to do so 😞

I cried because I had no shoes, until I met a Man who had no feet.

Message 15 of 40
See Most Recent

There's a website called "Attic 24" - it's run by a lovely lady who crochets the most beautiful things in the most wonderful colours.  She's a mum with young children and often posts pictures of her beautiful home and surroundings which is full of colour and love.

Her crochet instructions are really easy to understand, so easy that even I have mananged to crochet more than a meant-to-be-granny-square that turns into a tube-like thingy!

Just looking at this lady's website cheers me up on a dull day!

I am doing a glass fusing class at the moment and I am totally addicted!  I'm making little glass things whenever I get the chance - little bits of jewellery and miniature scenes, animals and flowers.  Thing is, if it goes wrong, nobody knows as I can just say it's abstract!

Message 16 of 40
See Most Recent

Pat......I don't understand hardly anything about them ?:| I have never worked from a crochet pattern, so it's all like French to me 😐

Welsh and Fishy thank you, I shall go have a good look. Fishy glass fusing sounds very interesting, hope you show us some pics of your new glass things.

Welsh can you scan the pattern onto your computer and enlarge it in word or any of the office programmes? 

Message 17 of 40
See Most Recent

Mandymoosie, it is the pattern itself which I need to enlarge, as in stitches wise 🙂  The one I have is to fit 0-3 months, and I want to make larger sizes, but just don't know where to begin :^O

Message 18 of 40
See Most Recent

huggles1253

Is it a cardigan? Why not knit up a sleeve doubling everything And see how it looks.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
Message 19 of 40
See Most Recent

Hi Huggles,  nope, it is a little Angel Top/Dress, which is worked in a lovely shell pattern.  Will have to just experiment with it I think 🙂

Message 20 of 40
See Most Recent