what about the worst Christmas present....

ooooooh I remember a doll when I was about 8. Now I hated dolls, and they got me this bride doll....fortunately for me, the leg fell off! but horrors!!!!!! my mother had an address and sent it away to be fixedsuprised smiley.gifLuckily for me though it never came back..phew!!!

what about yoyu?

Photobucket

Message 1 of 53
See Most Recent
52 REPLIES 52

A bike....................................

it was pnk with ashiny silver bell, ribbons on the handlebars and a basket on the front with a toy puppy sat in it

yes I know I was an ungrateful brat and for most it would have been wonderful.............................

but all I really wanted was a black BMX with stunt pedals

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 2 of 53
See Most Recent

I can't really say that I've never had a present I didn't like.  You had a lucky escape with the doll CB.  

Message 3 of 53
See Most Recent

Photobucket3 seperate presents all blue blazer after shave,i got a full beard

Petal
Message 4 of 53
See Most Recent

until the last two years i never wore anything on my feet if i could get away with it .for christmas my stepson bought me them massive stupid teddy bear slippers.i never wore them but after about two years my daughter adopted them...

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 5 of 53
See Most Recent

A wind up Train, that made tooting noises and changed direction every time it hit something ( but wouldn't work on Carpet ). I got it from a relative, who hadn't seen me for quite a few years and obviously lost track of time a bit...........because I was 15 years old at the time.Smiley Indifferent

Message 6 of 53
See Most Recent

The jumpers my MIL used to make my children. They could never get their heads through the neck holes! lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 7 of 53
See Most Recent

A sickly green plastic and cloth tablecloth form a dotty aunt - so personal!  From the same dotty aunt a snap purse - pink in colour, like my face when I was expected to use it - eeeyuSmiley Embarassedk! 

Message 8 of 53
See Most Recent

A broken pot from another dotty aunty like yours Fred,  she said it was left over on the tombola table at the local fete and she thought I would like it, it was brown and one of the handles was broken. Mmmm lovely, it disapeared shortly after never to be seen again.

Message 9 of 53
See Most Recent

This, and no it wasn't from a child! Smiley Indifferent

junk.jpg

Message 10 of 53
See Most Recent

Is it one of those Apprentice pieces, that are worth so much on Bargain Hunt ?.

Message 11 of 53
See Most Recent

Err it's lovely. ..........

What is it.
Message 12 of 53
See Most Recent

my guess would be a bird feeder..:)

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 13 of 53
See Most Recent

It's an insect habitat. 🙂

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 14 of 53
See Most Recent

My first Christmas as a married woman. My new mother in law gave me a beautifully wrapped box. When I opened it I found a bottle of bleach, a tub of vim and some rubber gloves. More recently my daughter in law gave me a loo brush.
..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 15 of 53
See Most Recent

As the man said you can not be serious!!!   HTG.  I'd be giving her cream for piles all wrapped bonny and the DIL a month's supply of those little mints for halitosis.  Bloomin cheek.

Actually, in reality, I would have smiled sweetly and gone outside and put it in the big black bin.  Remember before we all had wheelie bins and the like?

Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Strange days indeed, strange days indeed,
Most peculiar Mamma.....................................
Message 16 of 53
See Most Recent

@023mjc wrote:
My first Christmas as a married woman. My new mother in law gave me a beautifully wrapped box. When I opened it I found a bottle of bleach, a tub of vim and some rubber gloves. More recently my daughter in law gave me a loo brush.

I think if someone gave me any of  those for a present I would hand it right back to them... Smiley LOL

Message 17 of 53
See Most Recent

Don't know about the worst but I remember one year I woke up on Christmas Day at my girlfriend's house and started opening presents; I opened one from my Dad which was a radio alarm clock; a grimmace came across the face of my girlfriend's Mum because they to had also got me one which I was yet to open; and it was not quite as good as the one my Dad had bought.

Her Mum and Dad were lovely people though so I made sure they knew it was appreciated and said I'd use it when I visisted my Mum which tended to be at weekends.

Message 18 of 53
See Most Recent

My husbands idea of romance? He got me a top of the range hedge trimmer , I could have understood it more if we'd got a hedge, however we laughed about it all day!. EVENTUALLY !!. lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 19 of 53
See Most Recent

Only a couple of years ago my wife bought me a Matchbox sized toy motorbike; it said model motorbike on the box so perhaps she thought it was an Airfix kit type of thing which would have made more sense as I used to love those sort of models as a kid, though never motorbikes.

Anyway I'm no bike enthusiast and I've not really a clue why I ended up with it, think she was a bit confused!

Message 20 of 53
See Most Recent