personal tastes....

I know your tastes change eating wise as you age, I've noticed that, I'll even eat tinned tomatoes now, I love them, but I can't eat a raw one.

However....have you noticed your tastes around the home changing too? I'm going quite funky in me old age....since we moved we now have a more contemporary attitude to furnishings...

how about you?

Photobucket

Message 1 of 16
See Most Recent
15 REPLIES 15

personal tastes....

I'm the opposite over tomatoes.  I used to like tomatoes down whatever way you can think of but I only like them raw now.

Message 2 of 16
See Most Recent

personal tastes....

I'm the opposite way round I think CB

I went through the "everything very contemporaryy and modern" phase then did " colourful and bright" and am now in "shabby chic" phase, probably well behind the times but it suits me

love hanging hearts pale blues and creams , pillows and cushions and what soe peeps would call "twee" bits and pieces

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 3 of 16
See Most Recent

personal tastes....

I used to be clean lines and plain furnishings now I too like shabby chic pale greens and blues. And lots of crafty bits.
Message 4 of 16
See Most Recent

personal tastes....

I had a passion for Victorian furniture in the farmhouse which suited it well because of the big rooms & high ceilings, but now I'm in my little dolls house ive gone the other way as its quite a modern house, light walls & green ,pink & white furnishings, curtains etc, my bedroom is lilacs with white & I'm ashamed to say very girlie but I love it.

**********Sam**********
Message 5 of 16
See Most Recent

personal tastes....

I would love a change of decor, but "him indoors" hates change

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 6 of 16
See Most Recent

personal tastes....

we used to have an Edwardian house, so had a Victorian decor, we moved to Wales and the house was a 30's house so we had to adapt a wee bit.

Now we are in a 70's bungalow which needs contemporary furniture really. We have a couch which fits in nicely .... thankfully have ya seen the price of them lately?

we like dark reds, burgundy, creams, fawns, .... yellow and blue for the kitchen. I love orange and doggy and catty stuff.

I love anything crafty, the place is busting with them! I buy and make them so enough said hahahaaa...

Photobucket

Message 7 of 16
See Most Recent

personal tastes....

I like light and airy, quite minimalistic.  I think that's because we had such a tiny house when I was growing up.

I can't stand low ceilings or beams.  I think I'm a bit claustrophobic! Woman LOL

Message 8 of 16
See Most Recent

personal tastes....

I would love to see a photo of your new turquoise accessories in situ, if that's not too nosy.

My house is painted beige on the walls and white on the ceiling throughout, because I did it and I've had so many houses it was a no brainer.  I do have a straw (yellow) wall in the hall, a pink wall in the pink bedroom and 1 papered shower room and different hall.   Living room - brown leather, beige carpet and rug, dark wood wiith a touch of chrome and glass, 2 alcoves papered in a Laura Ashley plain gold.  I got rid of one sofa and one chair (both leather) and now have a red tartan sofa and matching chair!

I have a lot of art work everywhere, my great failing (and love), and hearts scattered throughout (like your crafty bits Capt).

Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Strange days indeed, strange days indeed,
Most peculiar Mamma.....................................
Message 9 of 16
See Most Recent

personal tastes....

Victorian house so high ceilings. Quilts hanging on almost every wall. Good insulation! It was minimal when hubby was alive but has slowly got the lived in look. Ok it's messy but big enough to take it! lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 10 of 16
See Most Recent

personal tastes....

Moved 3 times, gone from open plan highly polished & sparkly to tiny 5 room cottage full of  junk cosy & dust.....achoooooo

Message 11 of 16
See Most Recent

personal tastes....

We have books, everywhere, we have machinery dotted around the hall, we (again) have lego all over the place, not to mention bits and pieces of machinery, then there's the piano - DECOR?, not got room for it.

Message 12 of 16
See Most Recent

personal tastes....

lol. Nice one!

**********Sam**********
Message 13 of 16
See Most Recent

personal tastes....

Saasher - NO!.  Our first ever carpet son was sick on it before it was actually laid and OH walked oil onto it 2 days later.  Gave up then and there.

Message 14 of 16
See Most Recent

personal tastes....

I love too, OH goes bonkers when I come home with yet another one!

I have all kinds of knick knacks in here one thing I could never be is minimalistic.

I'll take you a piccie Rainy, I bet most of you will go yukky yuk! but I think it works.

Photobucket

Message 15 of 16
See Most Recent

personal tastes....

😀 you've just gotta love em don't ya!

**********Sam**********
Message 16 of 16
See Most Recent