is this legal?

Using a gas canister to a boiler indstead of the mains gas line??

Message 1 of 43
See Most Recent
42 REPLIES 42

is this legal?

sorry?

Message 2 of 43
See Most Recent

is this legal?

in peoples home for example?
Message 3 of 43
See Most Recent

is this legal?

Errrrrmmmm thinking

Racks brains trying to work out how this question may be ebay related unsure.gif

Merry Everything & A Happy Always 🙂
Message 4 of 43
See Most Recent

is this legal?

Just about the most stupid idea I've heard lately.

In an ebay selling context, it's probably a fast shortcut to ending one's ebay career under a smoking pile of rubble surrounded by emergency services personnel.

I assume this is a wind-up.

―――――――――――
I should of used a verb
Message 5 of 43
See Most Recent

is this legal?

I understand if you do not have mains gas in your property you can buy boilers that run on LPG or oil. So yes you can run a boiler on a gas canister.

Message 6 of 43
See Most Recent

is this legal?

A boiler that runs on bottled gas will probably be slighly different than one that runs on mains gas ..jets, regulator etc

Message 7 of 43
See Most Recent

is this legal?

why are you asking?

Message 8 of 43
See Most Recent

is this legal?

It popped into my mind. Something i never thought of before.
Message 9 of 43
See Most Recent

is this legal?

Lol yes of course it is - thousands of rural homes dont have "plumbed in" gas and rely on bottles - as does every single static caravan sited anywhere in the country - many of which people live in ( I have done too).  These have boilers just like a house - indeed some of the best showers I have had have been in one.

We used to live in a house which only had bottled gas although that was only used for cooking as we had oil for heating.  We were on mains sewage though and I thinbk we even had electric! 😄

Would be nice to know a bit more about what you were thinking when asking the question though?!

Message 10 of 43
See Most Recent

is this legal?

I'm thinking of trying this myself. Just in case shtf scenario happens. Also to help other people with reducing their bills including myself.
Message 11 of 43
See Most Recent

is this legal?

Its normally something that is more of a necessity than a choice... and def not the cheapest way either - in a cold winter you can go through a 47kg bottle of gas in a week in a static van with wet central heating.

What is your situation at the moment and how do you think it would save you money?!

Message 12 of 43
See Most Recent

is this legal?

Kindly let me know much is a 47kg bottle of gas?
Message 13 of 43
See Most Recent

is this legal?

About £60 plus a bottle deposit which could be nearly the same.

This was 3 years ago though.

If you are running a house you would probably need 3-4 (most caravans have 4 now) with auto switching gear - and work would be needed to convert your supply coming in and quite possibly your boiler too - but it would be more expensive running it that way, trust me!

Message 14 of 43
See Most Recent

is this legal?

its okay i got this:

"As most people would vary the settings, depending on the temperature, the gas bottle will last some duration between 147 and 367 hours. So, if you use your heater for four hours every evening, you would expect your gas bottle to last anywhere from 37 to 92 days.". Everyone will be laughing if its true.
Message 15 of 43
See Most Recent

is this legal?

this is for a 45kg bottle (searched google).
Message 16 of 43
See Most Recent

is this legal?

lol at "your heater" - are you proposing running a portable heater (the type you fit like a 15kg bottle in) or a whole central heating system?!

also what about cooking etc - gas or electric?

at a guess are you house sharing and just want to pay to heat your room rather than chip in a % for everyone else?  What about hot water for showers etc?  Apologies if I am wrong...

Message 17 of 43
See Most Recent

is this legal?

@rosie.445 wrote:

I understand if you do not have mains gas in your property you can buy boilers that run on LPG or oil. So yes you can run a boiler on a gas canister.

I live in a LPG area, and I have two large gas 47 kilogram canisters connected to my cooker and boiler.

I am not an engager, I am a number.
Message 18 of 43
See Most Recent

is this legal?

47KG Gas bottle for £50 on eBay now.
Message 19 of 43
See Most Recent

is this legal?

@lemon-p wrote:

@rosie.445 wrote:

I live in a LPG area, and I have two large gas 47 kilogram canisters connected to my cooker and boiler.

Perhaps you could give our friend some idea of running costs then 😉

Message 20 of 43
See Most Recent