Young Vets

Is anyone watching "Young Vets", weekdays on BBC2? I'm finding it really interesting. What a shame about that poor little kitten last night. Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 31
See Most Recent
30 REPLIES 30

Young Vets

We've been watching it as well Carol.  It was sad about the kitten.  Didn't that Border Collie make an amazing recovery in last night's episode?

Message 2 of 31
See Most Recent

Young Vets

Ohhhhh this programme is so good!!!!!. The dog last night that fell over the cliff broke my heart the way it was crying when they were trying to examine it!!!!. So glad it pulled through.  I think the Big girl is going to make a REALLY good vet. Her people skills are very good too which is important!!. Cant wait for tonights.Woman Very Happy

Message 3 of 31
See Most Recent

Young Vets

I've recorded last nights episode, not watched it yet, but glad to hear the Collie is ok. There are a few animal programmes on just now, so I'm in my element. I like the big girl too, I think she will do well.

Message 4 of 31
See Most Recent

Young Vets

I missed that ! I would have liked to have seen it, is it similar to the one that was on a few years ago?
I can still remember the blond woman making a hash of injecting a kitten it still makes me cringe thinking about it even now, I wonder what happened to her, I know one thing I wouldn't ever allow her near any animal of mine!.

**********Sam**********
Message 5 of 31
See Most Recent

Young Vets

Well she was only a student at the time saasher.  Trude Mostue, she has her own vet practice in Norway, she also has three children.

My hubby used to inject day old chicks in the neck and had to be careful the needle didn't come out the other side or he wasted the vaccine!!  Woman LOL

Message 6 of 31
See Most Recent

Young Vets

I don't know whether it's me or not Saasher but I don't think it is like it was when it was on a few years back.  It is on again tonight at 7pm on BBC2.  I agree with what has been said about the big girl.  She's brilliant and she will make a brilliant vet.

Message 7 of 31
See Most Recent

Young Vets

Yes I remember now she was a mature student & had only just scraped through!.
Most of us had to practise for two years before we went on to further studies, the patients owners were more frightening than their animals! lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 8 of 31
See Most Recent

Young Vets

@chickengrandma-2008 wrote:

Well she was only a student at the time saasher.  Trude Mostue, she has her own vet practice in Norway, she also has three children.

My hubby used to inject day old chicks in the neck and had to be careful the needle didn't come out the other side or he wasted the vaccine!!  Woman LOL

I wondered what had happened with Trude,,i used to love watching them!!!!!. She was lovely,, well im blowed, im glad i saw this!!!!.Woman Very Happy

Message 9 of 31
See Most Recent

Young Vets

It was so good again last night. I have never seen an animal in ICU so to speak. That dog Bless him!!!!. When his legs started to move i thought YES!!!!!,, hes going to make it. Ohhh poor Jude i think her name is,,,,when she walked away and cried. Gosh that maths in that Anesthesia must be so hard!!!!. Have you done that Saasher??????. I admire them.Woman Happy

Message 10 of 31
See Most Recent

Young Vets

Yes I felt sorry of Jude over the maths.  She did struggle.  I'd struggle as I'm hopeless at maths but I'm better at words.  With my mum, it's the other way round.  She's a lot better at maths than me.

Message 11 of 31
See Most Recent

Young Vets

Yes Rose,you have to cover all aspects of the job.

**********Sam**********
Message 12 of 31
See Most Recent

Young Vets

I watched that episode last night, had it recorded and have to admit to blubbing over the Border Collie, bless him/her. Then when it started to walk at the end, I was blubbing again. Oh and the lovely Tortoise, glad it made it too. I've always loved Tortoises. Was in Pets at Home earlier and I had my usual chat to the Degu's, they are just soooooo cute and friendly. One was trying to sleep and its mate was going round in its wheel making a racket. So comical.

Message 13 of 31
See Most Recent

Young Vets

I watched it for the first time tonight, it was very good, I enjoyed it. hope Stampy wasn't watching it, as they had to put a hedgehog to sleep, poor thing.

Photobucket

Message 14 of 31
See Most Recent

Young Vets

The student with the hedgehog was upset when it had to put to sleep.  I think that that student will make a good vet.  She's the one that had trouble with the maths in an earlier episode.

Message 15 of 31
See Most Recent

Young Vets

I can't watch it, upsets me too much, although I think the vets are magic.

I had a very interesting chat with my lovely GP the other night (called in to see me at 7pm on the way home), he is such a sweetheart, ooak heart, I am so lucky.  And when he was doing all his bits, checking this and that and taking more blood, we got to talking about our resident vet-er-in-ary person.  I knew they had longer training than doctors and when I asked him why - he looked at me like I was an eejit (he's Irish) - and pointed out that there is only one species of homo sapiens and just a few more of the other kind embaras.GIF **coff**.

I've also been watching Eden channel sometimes (532 I think) - The Animal Who Saved My Life - unbelievable true stories.  You have to see the one with the elephant who saved the little girl from the tsunami in Thailand, or the lady who had the heart attack and her pot bellied pig went for help, trooooooooo.  I was sobbing.  Dumb animals, my foot.

Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Strange days indeed, strange days indeed,
Most peculiar Mamma.....................................
Message 16 of 31
See Most Recent

Young Vets

I can't watch any animal programmes at all, I cry at them all.  If they're not suffering they're killing something else! 

Vets also have to train longer because a person can tell the doctor where it hurts, when it started, what they were doing at the time etc. etc. whereas an animal 'just doesn't seem right' !! Woman LOL

Message 17 of 31
See Most Recent

Young Vets

Yeah smarty pants - he said that too - go on - rub it in - see if I care Woman Tongue

Strange days indeed, strange days indeed,
Most peculiar Mamma.....................................
Message 18 of 31
See Most Recent

Young Vets

Well there, just goes to show, I don't need to watch them!  Woman Tongue

Message 19 of 31
See Most Recent

Young Vets

Ohh The Hedgehog got me last night. Ohhh Bless it!!!. I love that Judes humour shes so funny. She wants to do Small Animal work too so thats good!!. The Light Coloured Cocker Spaniel was lovely too. When she went back out to see her mum,,awwww.Woman Very Happy

Message 20 of 31
See Most Recent