Wow, 24 degrees outside and what a show of lightening.

So hot here still and we now have a wopping thunder storm, very impressive lightening.

Message 1 of 80
See Most Recent
79 REPLIES 79

You could say it was a bit of "Light entertainment"Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 80
See Most Recent

Not heard it here but Damson has as she is under the table! We have had rain.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 80
See Most Recent

We have summer lightening here maggie (no sound with it) along the coast from you, and high winds but very warm.  Feels nice walking on the shore.

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 4 of 80
See Most Recent

Photobucketblowing hard here too,few spots of rain

Petal
Message 5 of 80
See Most Recent

Started raining here about an hour ago but no thunder or lightening as promised and still very clammy

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 6 of 80
See Most Recent

We had one almighty downpour at 6.45 but no thunder and still very hot.

Message 7 of 80
See Most Recent

The rain didn't come to much last night. The strong wind has dropped today & it's dull & muggy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 8 of 80
See Most Recent

The Rumbling thunder started this morning here at about half past five, then it rained a lot. Now its Blue Sky and ROASTING HOT!!!!!!!!!!. Only done an hour and a half at work and im knackered even now. Come in stripped off and stood in the bath dousing myself with cool water. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,,,, BLISS. Cooled me off straight away!!!. They say thunder storms tonight and tomorrow. We will see?. Ohhhhhh exciting.Woman Tongue 

Message 9 of 80
See Most Recent

We've had the most humungous of storms, started just after 2am.

I cannot remember thunder ever being so weird as it has this year.  It's not just rumbles or bangs, but really loud, continuous 'roaring's that go on for several seconds, with multiple flashes of lightening which really sear into one's eyeballs.

Sometimes the thunder literally sounds as if it's ripping across the sky over many miles., from south to north with a huge crack at the end - very metallic sound too.

Anyway, the rain eventually came down but I stayed in bed after pulling the window too so it didn't all pour into the bedroom, but it kept waking me up on an off, so no idea whether it stopped and started again until around 8:30 this morning when another one came through and that brought huge hailstones with it.

It's brilliant sun now - around 27C and rising - and we have more thunderstorms predicted for today and late tonight - so another night of 'excitement' I could do without.

Bedroom becomes unbearably hot with no way to get a through breeze going and although I got a fan yesterday, that makes quite a noise so if I'm not sleeping well, it tends to wake me up as well.

********************************************************************************
My body is an old warehouse full of declining storage, my mind is a dusty old reference library, strictly for members and archaeologists only
Message 10 of 80
See Most Recent

I am so used to the noise of my fan that I can sleep through it now. I live on a busy main road so no change of having an open window at night. It's quite pleasant here now with a lovely breeze.

Message 11 of 80
See Most Recent

We've had a bit of a breeze - a very small bit on an off, but now that's even dropped and just as I've put me laundry out in the sun to try and get it dry as it's so humid it's like a sauna outside - it's starting to haze over.

Humidity is around 60% and that's becoming a tad bit uncomfortable for me lungs and me arfritis.

********************************************************************************
My body is an old warehouse full of declining storage, my mind is a dusty old reference library, strictly for members and archaeologists only
Message 12 of 80
See Most Recent

No more thunder this morning or rain, but it is still humid there is a breeze but even that is warm.   Last night when I was working it was unbearable, the shop was really cool, and when we went outside for tea it was like walking into a sauna. I have had a stinking headache this morning, don't know if that is because I am tired or the thundery weather, supposed to be getting more of the same tonight.

Message 13 of 80
See Most Recent

Cant believe actually how HOT it is now. Just sat on my balcony in the shade and i had to come in. Bubbles was lounging on my lap and went in quickly followed by me!!!!. SCORCHIO!!!!!. LOL

Message 14 of 80
See Most Recent

Well we've had no thunder, no lightening, no rain, no wind, just SUN!  It's 32 in the shade and the dogs are just flat out on the floor! 

It's 30 in the kitchen but I don't want to shut the doors and put the aircon on.  I do once I close the doors at night though so the kitchen cools right down for the dogs overnight. 

We don't put it on in the bedroom though and I still have a 9 tog duvet on! 

Message 15 of 80
See Most Recent

We're not far behind you - 29 in the shade and I've got it down to 27 inside with the fan on.

Ah well, at least the laundry is drying despite the humidity which is supposed to be dropping, but it doesn't feel like it.

Message 16 of 80
See Most Recent

We had a couple of lots of thunder this morning but no lightning.  We've no rain since this morning but it's windy here as well.  It's still very warm though.  When I came back from town and my swim this morning, the car was telling me that it was 27 degrees and that would be at 10.15.  Whilst I was in town this morning, I met some friends and one of them was telling me something and I was absolutely disgusted.  Two of my friends grandchildren go to the same high school.  Yesterday, they had a mass outside which was stretched out to last 2 and a half hours.  The majority of the school where in the sun all that time with no sunscreen on.  It was so hot that it melted one girls plastic headband.  I would seriously complain to the school if I was the parents.

Message 17 of 80
See Most Recent

Just checked the met office website and we have 90% preciptation possibility for tomorrow morning.  Why can't they just say that it's going to rain?

Message 18 of 80
See Most Recent

Bit of rain early on this morning but after that hot hot hot all day still boiling in th garden now so time to come in me thinks

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 19 of 80
See Most Recent

It's going to precipitate here too! lol

Message 20 of 80
See Most Recent