Toothy Update

Went to the dentist this morning,,she thinks its a cracked tooth that has infection and possibly an abcess starting so im on Antibiotics and have to have the toothy out in just over two weeks. I also asked her(stupidly really) whether this could be making my Blood tests come out funny and she said yes if its a slow growing infection thats been brewing for a while so im mentioning it to the doctor. I have had two lots of previous antibiotics though. Anyway i will tell the doctor see what she thinks.Woman Happy

Message 1 of 26
See Most Recent
25 REPLIES 25

Toothy Update

oooooo those abcesses are a booger, I've lost over 6 teeth to them. I hardly have any left on the bottom. Best it comes out though Rose, it will give you hell otherwise.

oh and there's the cost too eh? brace yourself!!!!

Photobucket

Message 2 of 26
See Most Recent

Toothy Update

Poor you Rose.  I know when my mum had two abcesses about 12 months back, it altered the blood test for her warfarin so I know what you mean about blood tests.

Good luck anyway.

Message 3 of 26
See Most Recent

Toothy Update

I'm like you, CB, hardly any left on the bottom and we are the same age........We'll have to grow old and toothless together, LOL In fact I counted ALL my teeth the other week and was quite surprised at how few I have. Don't ask Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 26
See Most Recent

Toothy Update

I have horrible gaps in my teeth now but cannot afford to have implants or anything like that,,im just dreading having to have dentures one day!!. It really worries me!!.Woman Sad

Message 5 of 26
See Most Recent

Toothy Update

I must admit that I'm lucky.  I have got a small gap at the top on the left side of my mouth but that's about it.

Message 6 of 26
See Most Recent

Toothy Update

My teeth are pretty good for an oldie! I have two crowns and the rest are my own. Lot's of fillings from when I was young but most of them have been replaced with white ones so don't show.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 7 of 26
See Most Recent

Toothy Update

A friend of mine who's 68 has about two fillings, and that's it!!! Woman Surprised

I'd be lucky to count two teeth of mine Woman Sadthat didn't have fillings!  

Message 8 of 26
See Most Recent

Toothy Update

I am with CB and Carol, I don't have many teeth left on the bottom,  would love to have implants, maybe when I win more than £25 on the lottery.

Message 9 of 26
See Most Recent

Toothy Update

My mum's 81 and still has quite a lot of her own teeth left so I don't think that she's doing too badly.

Message 10 of 26
See Most Recent

Toothy Update

have you flippin' jinxed me Rose...gawd, I've lost a chunk out of my front toof last night, a long sliver off the side of it!!! I'm off the dentist tomorrow to make an appointment, have no idea how much this is going to cost me!!!

Photobucket

Message 11 of 26
See Most Recent

Toothy Update

Rose, if you can bear the taste, warm water with salt, rinse, swish and spit!

several times a day if you can.. helps with anything nasty...

Message 12 of 26
See Most Recent

Toothy Update

OOhhhhhh Captain!!!!!!!!!!!!,,,,not you aswell!!!. My teeth have taken a turn for the worse lately.

Thanks leoleoleo i was thinking this morning how can i try to keep my mouth as clean as i can before having toothy out. My mouth cannot take Corsodyl it makes it come up all sore terribly. yes salt water your right. I know i always eat sweet things but i always clean my teeth and floss properly and they never bleed like they used too when i was younger!.

My gnashers seem to have turned on me LOL.

Message 13 of 26
See Most Recent

Toothy Update

When I had a tooth out, the dentist told me to rinse in warm, salty water (one tsp full to a glass) It did help with the healing xx

Message 14 of 26
See Most Recent

Toothy Update

Yes Carol i always do that religiously when i have one out as i had dry socket with an infection after eating cornflakes the day after once,,,DOH!!!, WRONG MOVE. I will never do that again. Once you disturbthat Blood Clot that forms all hell breaks loose in your mouth.

Im just a bit concerned as i have the Anibiotics to take til Tuesday and its not coming out til the following Thursday??. I dont understand why thay did not want to take it out as soon as possible after the Antibiotics. Im just worried the infection will come back in a week?. Maybe not..

It feels a lot better today. Its taken the pain off abit anyway until i have it out.heart

Message 15 of 26
See Most Recent

Toothy Update

I had to have all mine out about 10 years ago.

All done under local anaesthetic and never felt a thing.

Was fitted with dentures, but couldn`t cope with them,  felt like a mouthful of plastic and made me gag.

Even without, I can eat almost anything

Only problem I have is with crunchy things.

Photobucket
Message 16 of 26
See Most Recent

Toothy Update

Even though you have finished your course of antibiotics Rose it stays in the system for quite some days after & if you are concerned I'm sure at the removal of your tooth the dentist will prescribe another course.

**********Sam**********
Message 17 of 26
See Most Recent

Toothy Update

Thanks Saasher, yes im just a bit annoyed that they could not do it this week and just want to get it over with. If the pain comes back before next Thursday i will not let thm take it out yet and shall demand more Antibiotics. She said it would hurt me a lot if she took it out with infection or beginning of abcess still there and also said if theres a lot of blood or muck it sucks the tooth back in and you cannot get a hold of it ha ha ha LOl,,,oeer sorry bit graphic.Woman Embarassed

Message 18 of 26
See Most Recent

Toothy Update

I will update tomorrow but had to type this as im getting a bit of a baby and am nervous today. Have to go at ten to eleven tomorrow morning. YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I have my custard and Eggs to chop up for my baby meal tomorrow night if i can eat that is ha ha. Another toothy peg bites the dust,,,or not bites. LOL.

Message 19 of 26
See Most Recent

Toothy Update

i like alot on here i to suffer from abcesses and have been worse since my ME kicked in and have lost lots of teeth.i have a plate in the top with 3 front teeth on and i am now in the process of having my bottom one fitted.i get on with them ok

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 20 of 26
See Most Recent