Shopping trolleys

mouse4702
Conversationalist

I am now approaching that stage whereby they are no longer for old fogeys, but are starting to look an attractive proposition.  Indeed, these days they are sexy!  Young folk take them to festivals!  They come in all sorts of jazzy patterns!  I'm starting to feel an old fogey without one!!

Have YOU got one yet?

Message 1 of 19
See Most Recent
18 REPLIES 18

Shopping trolleys

I haven't because I can't walk far enough to use one, but my daughter's had one for years.  It has a cow pattern on.

Message 2 of 19
See Most Recent

Shopping trolleys

I got a jazzy one when I overshopped in Ikea and couldn't carry everything home on the bus
Photobucket
Message 3 of 19
See Most Recent

Shopping trolleys

@chickengrandma-2008 wrote:

I haven't because I can't walk far enough to use one, but my daughter's had one for years.  It has a cow pattern on.

I bet a certain coo on here would like that one.

Message 4 of 19
See Most Recent

Shopping trolleys

I've got one, had it for about 3 years.

I don't drive and rely on public transport to get to work and get my weekly shop in which includes boxes of cat food and bottles of vino, so just the job for heavy stuff.

I call mine Twirl Smiley Very Happy

I'll explain..................the shopping trolley is usually associated with the older generation.  They have free bus passes which cannot be used at peak travel times on the buses.  My dad was a bus driver for many years and pretty much every day when he was on a shift when the peak time ended and the off peak time started there would a number of free bus pass holders asking the question as they boarded the bus "Am I too early?", so bus drivers referred to them as twirlys giggle.gif

Merry Everything & A Happy Always 🙂
Message 5 of 19
See Most Recent

Shopping trolleys

Quite a few of the older ladies around where I live are known as the 'twirly girls' for that reason.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 19
See Most Recent

Shopping trolleys

I had one over 30yrs ago when I was a teenager and shared a flat with 4 other girls, it was brilliant. I then got another one when we got married as it was a long way to the shops and uphill to get back home. Brilliant again!

I have one now but haven't used it yet, it's in the shed but I won't let OH throw it out, I know it will come in handy one day!!!

Photobucket

Message 7 of 19
See Most Recent

Shopping trolleys

Mine is an Ikea one. Black with white spots on. It matches my dog who is white with black spots on! lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 8 of 19
See Most Recent

Shopping trolleys

Err NO
Message 9 of 19
See Most Recent

Shopping trolleys

Must admit that I am with ed on this one.

Message 10 of 19
See Most Recent

Shopping trolleys

I had one when I was young too - could nip down to the shops and not take the car but come home with near enough the week's shopping.

I had a hoooooge wicker basket one and it lasted for years and years until I found it too big and passed it on.

Can't manage one now 'cos I cannot pull it behind me and manage with one crutch but wish I could.

I think I'll have to get one of those shopping frames with wheels - where you can put a pint of milk and a loaf and one meal in the shopping bit, and then sit on the lid when you get a bit tired.

********************************************************************************
My body is an old warehouse full of declining storage, my mind is a dusty old reference library, strictly for members and archaeologists only
Message 11 of 19
See Most Recent

Shopping trolleys

Get one of these? wave2 :-

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 12 of 19
See Most Recent

Shopping trolleys

My son bought me a very snazzy one with huge polka dots on it a few years ago . My hubby was working down south on a secondment so we lived there during the week but came back each weekend .

It was very useful as I was without my own car during the week and it meant I could do a reasonable supermarket shop without having to carry heavy bags . It is amazing just how much you can pack into one ...

We are back here permanently now so it lives under the stairs ....there are no local shops as we live in a village so its always a car journey into town .....
Message 13 of 19
See Most Recent

Shopping trolleys

Hmmmm.  I think I've got to buy one.  At the mo' I take a taxi home with bags of shopping, at £3 a go.  It would pay for itself.

**wants a sexy one with go-faster stripes and flames**

Message 14 of 19
See Most Recent

Shopping trolleys

You're the same as me Mouse. No car so have to carry or cab. Nearly pulled my shoulders out yesterday dragging £35 worth of fruit and veg home on the train.
Photobucket
Message 15 of 19
See Most Recent

Shopping trolleys

Oh yes, "Twirlies" - they don't half try it on, trying to get on the bus too early then looking all surprised

when you tell them it's ten minutes to go yet.  Wouldn't mind if buses were hours apart but they're every

6/8 minutes!

Years ago when I used to drive buses I used to let them on if it was cold or raining but now, with digital

ticket machines, you can't as everything is recorded exactly as it happens.  It doesn't stop them trying though,

they don't seem to grasp the concept of just coming out a few minutes later!

Message 16 of 19
See Most Recent

Shopping trolleys

Can't be a twirly where I live, there's no restrictions, which perhaps is no bad job given some bus routes don't have many buses during the day.

Usually use a backpack for carrying shopping though I shall try my Bromptom folding bike when the weather gets warmer, the technique is to fold it but leave the handlebars out so you can push it round the supermarket with the basket on top.

Transfer the shopping to the bike bag during checkout and unfold the bike outside, stick the bag on the front and pedal off home. Smiley Happy

Shopping trolleys

A folding bike!  Nice one!

Message 18 of 19
See Most Recent

Shopping trolleys

Hey up, I've just taken the plunge and bought Trevor the Trolley.  As I towed him behind me already laden with shopping, I could feel a whole new world opening up for me.  However I still had to have a taxi home as my shoes were rubbing a blister!

Message 19 of 19
See Most Recent