how do you do yours?

roasties that is.....I've done them in goose fat, oil, coated in semolina...lost count of other ways...I still think beef dripping is best, but only once in a while as they are so norty!!!

over to you........

Photobucket

Message 1 of 18
See Most Recent
17 REPLIES 17

how do you do yours?

I do mine the slimming world way, peel and cut a small fist size spud into quarters, bring to boil in water with a little salt boil for 10 mins, drain then put into a lightly  greased roasting tin, 1 cal spray is best. Roast for approx 40 mins. Yummy and I can have as many as I like. xxx

++++++++++++++++++++++++
Next mood swing in 6 minutes
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Message 2 of 18
See Most Recent

how do you do yours?

No part boiling, I just cut them to size and put them in a roasting tray with sunflower oil.  Maris Pipers, or if they're not available then White Potatoes  I don't pre-heat the oven; I turn it on when I put them in.  Top shelf.  175°C, turn every 30 minutes.  Depending on how big you cut them, they'll be ready in 90 minutes to 2 hours and will be nice and crunchy on the outside.

Now, by coincidence, that's exactly the same time a roast joint takes if it's on the lower shelf in the same oven.... Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 18
See Most Recent

how do you do yours?

In the meat juice if cooked with a joint ...... Mmm lovely 🙂
if not ...... sprayed with oil & thrown in the actifry with a splash of worcester sauce for flavour 🙂

" I do love knitting patterns.”
-- Dumbledore, The Half-Blood Prince (2005)
Message 4 of 18
See Most Recent

how do you do yours?

They don't even get peeled, just well scrubbed. Cut into reasonable size. Nuke in the microwave with a few tablespoons of water and a plate on top (so that they steam). Into a roasting tin and spray with rapeseed oil. Usually make twice as many as needed, then they can be frozen and then used when the oven isn't on.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 5 of 18
See Most Recent

how do you do yours?

Parboiled, shaken hard in the pan to rough them up then into hot fat in the oven.:)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 6 of 18
See Most Recent

how do you do yours?

I parboil them for about five minutes and drain.  Keeping them in saucepan, I then put a couple of tablespoons

sunflower oil in and mix them all about, sometimes with some of that garlic and rosemary roasty mix as well.

Then into roasting dish and oven, gas 5 for about an hour.  But time can vary, depending what else is in there.

Message 7 of 18
See Most Recent

how do you do yours?

Exactly the same way as Maggie, sometimes if I have it with goose fat, but usually with sunflower oil.

Message 8 of 18
See Most Recent

how do you do yours?

I do the SW ones as well. Once you've got the timings right they're lovely
Photobucket
Message 9 of 18
See Most Recent

how do you do yours?

Same as Maggie here too, but I do use goose fat (we don't have roasties that often, so I see it as a real treat)

Photobucket

Message 10 of 18
See Most Recent

how do you do yours?

I will often pop other herbs in too - garlic, sprigs of rosemary, sage and thyme, and some cut satsumas (the ones that have been lingering in the fruit bowl a bit too long). They add a nice flavour.

Photobucket

Message 11 of 18
See Most Recent

how do you do yours?

Par boil. shake in the pan and into hot oil (fat on special occasions)'

Rosemary, garlic, herbs I could stomach, but oranges???   OMG! Woman Sad

Message 12 of 18
See Most Recent

how do you do yours?

No, Nit-Wit  CG - you don't have to eat the citrus (but you can if you want)! They just add an extra bit of flavour, and you can squeeze the juice into your gravy (if you choose to).

It's a Jamie Oliver recipe and is lovely, really (especially if you're having roast duck or goose)!  Smiley Very Happy

Photobucket

Message 13 of 18
See Most Recent

how do you do yours?

It's just me pixel.  People who know me, know I class certain things as savory, and others as sweet, ie....pudding.

I never mix the two.  So out go

ham and pineapple,

pork and apple sauce,

turkey and cranberry,

any  savoury dish with cream in,

carrot cake,

and cheese cake ???  cheese in a cake??  No way!!    Woman LOL

Message 14 of 18
See Most Recent

how do you do yours?

Oh, good grief CG - you should live with Mr Pix. He will never eat fruit with savoury stuff - no pineapple with ham, no apple sauce with pork (he does not know I sneak in citrus juice with his roast tatties) Don't tell him, for goodness' sake . .  . . . .  Mwahahahaha

Photobucket

Message 15 of 18
See Most Recent

how do you do yours?

I never eat sweet with savoury either
Photobucket
Message 16 of 18
See Most Recent

how do you do yours?

I'm the total opposite to CG, but it's horses for courses isn't it?

seems we all have our different ways to roast too....very interesting.

Photobucket

Message 17 of 18
See Most Recent

how do you do yours?

I am really surprised at that Gina!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 18 of 18
See Most Recent