Sending ecards at Christmas

In a survey carried out by mobile phone company beginning with the letter S - I can't say the word in case it clashes with eBay regulations, fewer than half of us will be sending Christmas cards through the post this uear preferring instead to use electronic mail.  Rubbish!  The whole survey was carried out using only those connected with their own particular service, and at no stage did thewy ask Royal Mail for their statistics.  The whole survey was a self-promotion ego trip.

Personally if somebody who knew my address sent me an electronic Christmas card, it would surely go straight into the recycle bin because it would prove they couldn't even be bother to pop in to a card shop while they were out, fill in a few words and post it off.  You can't hang an electronic message on the mantlepiece.

Message 1 of 12
See Most Recent
11 REPLIES 11

I have had a few by email which were lovely. It's nice to be remembered & thought of at Christmas no matter what form it comes in! With the price of stamps now I can see this is going to become more & more popular.:)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 12
See Most Recent

Fair dos. Smiley Embarassed  Smiley Happy  I'd still prefer a conventional card, though.

Message 3 of 12
See Most Recent

They do look prettier around the room I agree.:)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 12
See Most Recent

I agree it is nice to be remembered in whatever way, but it is lovely to display the actual card.  I can't say I have ever had an e card.

Message 5 of 12
See Most Recent

go see Ed, you have now!!! xxxwinking smiley.gif

Photobucket

Message 6 of 12
See Most Recent

I like recieving both ecards and the real thing because both ways means someone has been considerate enough to have me in their thoughts and take some time out of their day to sent to me

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 7 of 12
See Most Recent

Personally I prefer e-cards. I am not a fan of the paper type. I can never find somewhere to display them without them looking untidy, falling over etc. I do appreciate being sent them though. My mother is the exact opposite, she loves cards.

Message 8 of 12
See Most Recent

Personally I'd rather just send an e-mail to say "Happy Christmas."  That way you don't have to waste money on a card that's only going to get thrown away a few days after the event, and you don't have to pay for postage stamps either.  In addition to that an e-mail will get to somebody pretty much instantaneously as soon as you hit "Send", whereas a Christmas card can take days to reach its destination.  So for me the e-mail wins it hands down!

Message 9 of 12
See Most Recent

Wow I have had an e card,  it is lovely and just like a game, aaaaahhhhh so sweet,  Thank you Captain you big old moo.

Message 10 of 12
See Most Recent

Woo hooo I've got another one..... thank you dairy it's lovely.

Will send a reply when I am on the computer im on the phone right now.
Message 11 of 12
See Most Recent

I rather like Ecards.  Have people that send them every year and very useful when one forgets the (stupidly early) last posting date for Aussieland!

However I am getting more and more ecards and am struggling to fill the mantelpiece(hung on, not sat on) this year.  It doesn't help that those people who are still posting are sending "good" cards - ie heavy ones and they really don't blutack up and my house is flat surface challenged(if there is nothing on it let's fill it up with ............................................................... the contents of my pockets, a book or 23, keys, change, newspaper, receipts, etc, etc, etc)

Might just make some string and hang them on the wall. is good at making strings.

Message 12 of 12
See Most Recent