See what your risk is.

See what your risk of cardiovascular disease is over the next ten years.

http://www.qrisk.org/lifetime/

Message 1 of 16
See Most Recent
15 REPLIES 15

See what your risk is.

hhmmpphh well according to that I've got a 48% chance of carking it !!!!

well it's been nice knowing ya!

Photobucket

Message 2 of 16
See Most Recent

See what your risk is.

Sumfink wrong there I think 28.9%, I smoke and I am overweight, however I don't have any underlying health problems, diabetes or cholesterol etc.

Message 3 of 16
See Most Recent

See what your risk is.

Well I had a blood test last week and I have to have the doctor ring me tomorrow about my Qrisk as it's 'flagged'.

Liver and kidneys were fine, cholesterol slightly up but no treatment necessary, but doctor wants to talk to me about the Qrisk test.  I asked the receptionist what that means?  She said she'd often had to tell patients this but she doesn't know what it's for.  I said I'd google it, she said she'd never thought to do that!!!

Anyway, mine (according to that calculator) is 10% unless I'm missing something!!

Message 4 of 16
See Most Recent

See what your risk is.

I was gonna do it but I thought well why? I know all my tests were fine when I last saw the Dr, but I could x the road tomorrow & get killed , I'm not being a party pooper, honest!.

**********Sam**********
Message 5 of 16
See Most Recent

See what your risk is.

My thoughts exactly but my doctor thinks differently!!  Woman Sad

Message 6 of 16
See Most Recent

See what your risk is.

Me heart's OK...but me lungs are furbared Woman Sad

********************************************************************************
Be not inhospitable to strangers, lest they be Angels in disguise.

Message 7 of 16
See Most Recent

See what your risk is.

??!!!

**********Sam**********
Message 8 of 16
See Most Recent

See what your risk is.

25% and if I lose another stone it's 24.8%. Hardly worth it is it! lol 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 9 of 16
See Most Recent

See what your risk is.

I MUST be doing it wrong!!  Woman Surprised

Why would she want to talk to me if mine's the lowest of you lot.  I must be doing it wrong!  >>>>>>>>>>>>>

Message 10 of 16
See Most Recent

See what your risk is.

Silly doctor!!  She asked was it ME that wanted to talk to HER??  I said no, and explained why she was ringing me and she said my Qrisk is 7.6  but my cholesterol is 4.6 so I COULD have some statins if I wanted.  I said no thanks.   ????? Woman Indifferent

Message 11 of 16
See Most Recent

See what your risk is.

Makes you wonder what planet they are on doesn't it!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 12 of 16
See Most Recent

See what your risk is.

Im not even going to look

Well with sarcoidosis, one heart attack at the age of 39(Oh thats 20 years ago now Blimey how time flies), and 2 large stents fitted 2 years ago there isnt much point is there hahaha.gif

Im still here 26 years after they gave me 2 weeks so Im on a bonus anyway pmsl And I still ride my duke theres a risk all on its own. Seems every car driver gets into their cars on a mission to catch a biker.

Every day is a blessing and to be lived as though its our last, There is no point at all worrying about what will happen tomorrow. Just my view.

Any way worry carries HUGE health risks.

Eat healthy, be busy, and laugh alot.

?I guess I should warn you. If you know what I said, you've probably misunderstood.?
Message 13 of 16
See Most Recent

See what your risk is.

@barefoot.biker wrote:

Im not even going to look

Any way worry carries HUGE health risks.

Eat healthy, be busy, and laugh alot.

Do you think it'll be ok to laugh healthy and eat a lot???   Woman Wink

Sarcoidosis is a strange thing.  When you get it you've never heard of it before, but when you mention it, loads of people have had it!!

I haven't had it but my son has.  When I told my sis in law years later, seems her son had it too!! Woman Surprised

I'm like you, I prefer to stick my head in the sand too, but once they have you in their clutches it's difficult to slip back under the radar! 

Message 14 of 16
See Most Recent

See what your risk is.

As I think we both said, you can do all that & take advice from the Dr & get run over as your leaving the surgery, our life is short live it to the full it's over soon enough!!.

**********Sam**********
Message 15 of 16
See Most Recent

See what your risk is.

Not looking at mine as i know its not good .

I have severe COPD/ Emphysema diagnosed in 2001 but had it long before any symtoms showed , so my life expectency isnt great.

My motto is live now no point in worying about what may or may happen & anyway im enjoying spending my kids inheritence Cat LOL