Poem

A few years ago my cat Ollie went to rainbow bridge. Someone put a poem on here and it was lovely, but I can't find it and can't remember who posted it. Can anyone help please?

Message 1 of 15
See Most Recent
14 REPLIES 14

Poem

Can't think what it's called Izzy, but there are a couple of versions of the Rainbow Bridge poem.

It's lovely isn't it, someone kindly sent it to me when my Paws Cat died.

I'll see if I can find out for you.

Message 2 of 15
See Most Recent

Poem

like  Fishy says there are many pet memorial  verses  whole webpages  full

heres on thats posted a bit  here 

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of Heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing: they each miss someone very special, someone who was left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; his eager body begins to quiver. Suddenly, he breaks from the group, flying over the green grass, faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into those trusting eyes, so long gone from your life, but never absent from your heart. Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together...

and another 

Warm light coming from far below,
Twinkling, sparkling is the candle's glow.
All is well up on the ridge,
The place we know as Rainbow Bridge.

Furbabies sleeping in heaven's light,
Tended by candles in the night.
Peaceful dreams be theirs to keep,
As they slumber in this night so deep.

Hearts on earth that miss them so,
Take comfort in the candle's glow.
Watching for them in skies above,
Bound eternally by a cord of love

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 3 of 15
See Most Recent

Poem

The first one Rainbow Bridge has made my eyes leak. I haven't read it before.

Message 4 of 15
See Most Recent

Poem

I find that so poignant as I lost my little friend on Thursday after fourteen years of going everywhere together& I'm not ashamed to say I cried buckets when I read this, Thank you for this lovely reading & poem!

**********Sam**********
Message 5 of 15
See Most Recent

Poem

I knew the Rainbow Bridge one, but hadn't heard of the second poem; it's lovely. I still miss Poppy and find both these peoms so comforting.

Message 6 of 15
See Most Recent

Poem

They are lovely,,,i had not heard of the second either and it reminds me of my little cat Nicky. OOhh. I love you Puddycat and i always think of you often.heart

Message 7 of 15
See Most Recent

Poem

izzy...this is a poem I put on a year or so ago, when one of our lovely members lost her darling Penny...I don't know if it's the one you mean - but here it is...

If It Should Be

If it be I grow frail & weak,

And pain should wake me from my sleep,

Then you must do what should be done,

For this last battle can't be won.

You will be sad, I understand,

Don't let your grief then stay your hand,

For this day more than all the rest,

Your love & friendship stand the test.

We've had so many happy years,

What is to come will hold no fears.

You'll not want me to suffer, so

When the time comes, please let me go,

I know in time you too will see,

It is a kindness you do me.

Although my tail its last has waved,

From pain & suffering, I've been saved.

Do not grieve that it should be you,

Who has to decide this thing to do.

We've been so close, we two, these years,

Don't let your heart hold any tears.

in memory of my darling Jake heart

********************************************************************************
Be not inhospitable to strangers, lest they be Angels in disguise.

Message 8 of 15
See Most Recent

Poem

aawww Sam, I'm so sorry, was that the doggie you posted the piccie of...the border collie?

Photobucket

Message 9 of 15
See Most Recent

Poem

Sam I'm sorry for the loss of your much loved friend.  I know when we had to have our dog put to sleep, it was a heartbreaking decision and we wept buckets for days after.  It was like losing a family member.

heart

Merc, that poem is brilliant.

Message 10 of 15
See Most Recent

Poem

no captain it was my little Patterdale Terrier, Lizzie.

**********Sam**********
Message 11 of 15
See Most Recent

Poem

Lizzie

**********Sam**********
Message 12 of 15
See Most Recent

Poem

That's the one merc1, thank you.. It still brings tears to my eyes and he's been gone nearly seven years.

Message 13 of 15
See Most Recent

Poem

It's 32 years since our dog went to Rainbow Bridge and I still think of him often.  He was a real character.  He was a cross between a fox terrier and a poodle but he had a great personality.  I can fully understand where your coming from izzy.

Message 14 of 15
See Most Recent

Poem

it doesn't matter how long your pet has gone over, it can still hurt when you think of them, like Chris says they are one of the family.

ah, Sam, he was a cutie xxx

Photobucket

Message 15 of 15
See Most Recent