Oh for normal food

We are having boring, plain and simple egg and chips for tea. Aaaahh lovely.
Message 1 of 78
See Most Recent
77 REPLIES 77

Oh for normal food

that's the next best thing after a Christmas dinner in my mind.

I think we have a quiche to use up and there is STILL a little bit of turkey left.

Photobucket

Message 2 of 78
See Most Recent

Oh for normal food

We finished our turkey yesterday.  For tea, we had a Holland's hot pot and mixed veg.  It was delicious.

Message 3 of 78
See Most Recent

Oh for normal food

We had chips, eggs and fartz ! sorry beans.   Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 78
See Most Recent

Oh for normal food

Hello

Not sure what to have Woman Sad

images.jpgWoman LOL

Message 5 of 78
See Most Recent

Oh for normal food

Spaghetti and meatballs

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 6 of 78
See Most Recent

Oh for normal food

Stuck a potato in the oven earlier on as I couldn't decide what to have.

Then went for the anti-social beans - had one small tin with little sossiges and one without - or so I thought.

Ended up opening two small tins with sossiges and just pigg'd out on the lot.

Sometimes one just plain needs comfort food.

********************************************************************************
My body is an old warehouse full of declining storage, my mind is a dusty old reference library, strictly for members and archaeologists only
Message 7 of 78
See Most Recent

Oh for normal food

Have got rid of most of the Christmas food although still a bit of turkey in the fridge, but had so many gifts of chocolates that they are going to have to become the normal food for the next week or so I think. Problem is that I rarely eat sweets.

Message 8 of 78
See Most Recent

Oh for normal food

The thing is Myraandjim, you must try and eat something and not just chocolates and sweets.   You must keep your strength up.

Message 9 of 78
See Most Recent

Oh for normal food

tomorrow all the remaining veggies are going in to a big pot of soup, have got loads left as expected my visitors to be here longer than they were, pot of veggie soup will be good. I might take some of the sweets to the food bank just I feel bad about giving presents away after people have been good enough to buy them for me. Am going to make some toast on the open fire a bit later. I know I must eat as there is very little of me to start with so can't afford to lose any weight and have to have some teeth removed next week so am likely to struggle with eating for a couple of days once that has been done.

Message 10 of 78
See Most Recent

Oh for normal food

Veggie soup sounds great and you can add to it. I am sure peolle wouldn't mind you giving the sweeties tk a good cause. You could make someones day.
Message 11 of 78
See Most Recent

Oh for normal food

Myra, you using a ham hough for stock ? Keep a place for me and I will be up wae a plain loaf tae dook in it.  Smiley LOL

Message 12 of 78
See Most Recent

Oh for normal food

Well that's a good start.  Try and keep your pecker up and look after yourself.

Message 13 of 78
See Most Recent

Oh for normal food

simple for us tonight... pate on cheese biscuits and oh has stilton cheese with his..

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 14 of 78
See Most Recent

Oh for normal food

Oooops just remembered I bought pate, now what did I do with that.
Message 15 of 78
See Most Recent

Oh for normal food

I love pate.  We've not had pate for ages.

Message 16 of 78
See Most Recent

Oh for normal food

the amount of veggies I have lurking in the fridge you can all come for some! Don't bring the plain loaf for me though, not very keen on it, I prefer a big crusty stick loaf tae dook - or maybe if enough of you are coming I could make a sour dough loaf.

Message 17 of 78
See Most Recent

Oh for normal food

Mmmm sounds yummy.
Message 18 of 78
See Most Recent

Oh for normal food

I always wonder why people give adults chocolates as gifts.

I mean, yes, we may like chocolate now and then (or maybe more now than then), but it's not exactly what I've ever felt was a 'proper' present.

I mean, what is the giver actually saying in giving them?

It's not as if they've bought something you like - nor thought to make it a bit more original - a few chocolates with something else like a basket of fruit.

So I'd say definitely do not have any qualms about passing them on to those who would love to have something like this as an extra suprise when they have to rely on food donations, and you get to remain healthy, the presents are then even more well received and it's a bonus all around.

I don't know if it's still true, but years ago, in some communities, when a person suffered a bereavement or ill health, it was the norm for friends and neighbours to bring things like a hot pot, or meat pie ready made so the person only had to heat and eat - or just eat it.

Seems like you need a very good dollop of heartwarming moral support and virtual hugs to season that soup.

therethere.gif

********************************************************************************
My body is an old warehouse full of declining storage, my mind is a dusty old reference library, strictly for members and archaeologists only
Message 19 of 78
See Most Recent

Oh for normal food

Now there's a thought.  We could all come and visit.  Fishy could round us all up in her coach.

Message 20 of 78
See Most Recent