Oh dear, Te*co

Received my online grocery order at 4p.m. from Te*co, only to find one whole crate of items was missing (necessary items like fresh veg, milk etc) I was told by the driver that they would be sent out this evening to arrive by 8p.m. I'm still waiting! Of course it has all been blamed on "the busy-ness"  Not very good really. Hope it arrives soon! I'm sure Te*co have been doing Xmas deliveries long enough to know how to organise them properly.

Message 1 of 37
See Most Recent
36 REPLIES 36

Oh dear, Te*co

I wouldn't bet on it. The one and only time I used their delivery service they substituted SMOKED bacon for UNSMOKED - presumably on the premise that it said 'bacon' on the label

Message 2 of 37
See Most Recent

Oh dear, Te*co

Tesco are usually very good with their deliveries

you want to play shopping roulette,

order from asda

after 3 wrong deliveries i phoned and asked them if i send £150 will they just pick whatever, and save me taking the time to order specific things, as thats all they do anyway

less than a week before christmas its bound to be really busy

Message 3 of 37
See Most Recent

Oh dear, Te*co

@xtf70 wrote:

I wouldn't bet on it. The one and only time I used their delivery service they substituted SMOKED bacon for UNSMOKED - presumably on the premise that it said 'bacon' on the label

That seems like a reasonable substitution to me if they had no smoked.

I expect the order will arrive. They are probaly running a bit late.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 37
See Most Recent

Oh dear, Te*co

I think you're being a bit hard on them.  Those young men and women must be working their socks off.  At least it's not as if it's Christmas eve and there's no chance of them turning up.  I had £200 of stuff delivered yesterday and everything was fine.  They had no fresh haddock so they didn't send a substitute, smoked haddock or cod or something would have been better than nothing, but I know how busy they are.

Message 5 of 37
See Most Recent

Oh dear, Te*co

i got my first ever bagged delivery from tesco 2 weeks ago

i usually have a green delivery but this one was huge

i was tickled at the coloured bags thing Smiley LOL

i thought it was clever

the delivery guy laughed at how pleased i wasSmiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 37
See Most Recent

Oh dear, Te*co

Did they change the colour of the bars across the top of the crates recently. They changed from yellowy/orange to black.   Ours said they're not allowed to leave them any more,   they're counted out and counted in again,   any missing and the driver has to pay nearly £5 for each one.    That didn't last long, they still leave them!  We've got a stack  of about 20 at the moment because he forgot to take last weeks empty ones back this week.  Woman Very Happy

Message 7 of 37
See Most Recent

Oh dear, Te*co

i've never noticed

its worse than a workout when you get a green delivery

the tesco drivers are always really nice and help unpack

Message 8 of 37
See Most Recent

Oh dear, Te*co

Just keep the crates until next time, then you can do it in your own time.  Hubby built me a crate trolley.  A crate fits on it exactly and all the others go on top and I can easily push it from the front door to the kitchen as it's on castors and we have no doorsteps between rooms. Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 37
See Most Recent

Oh dear, Te*co

i dont want crates cluttering up everywhere, i have nowhere to keep them

they bring it straight into the kitchen anyway

a frenzied 5 minutes unpacking

2 minutes poking at everything

10 minutes putting it away

job done

i could get it delivered with bags if it was a bother

Message 10 of 37
See Most Recent

Oh dear, Te*co

@ilove2patch wrote:

@xtf70 wrote:

That seems like a reasonable substitution to me if they had no smoked.

I expect the order will arrive. They are probaly running a bit late.

Well, everybody is different.  Smoked/unsmoked wouldn't care less.  However if I order sugar free or not is critical as daughter and I are so not into sweeteners and son is diabetic - so it matters to me.  Best I ever had was a packet of crisps instead of a dip.  

That apart they are delivering Monday and what they don't deliver will be either deemed critical - early morning trip out to locate or we can do without. I am just so grateful I don't need to bother.

Message 11 of 37
See Most Recent

Oh dear, Te*co

Carol, sorry to hear about your missing tray, I am sure it will come, we had one last night and I helped the duty manager to make up the missing things, if there were things we didn't have we gave them something better, they had mostly finest things and we had the customer on the phone all the time, checking these were ok.  We also put in a nice bottle of wine.  We have had hundreds of orders this week and this was the only one that went wrong, we think the label fell off and it was left with another customer by mistake, but suprisingly no one rang to say they had an extra one. The lady had her missing shopping delivered within the hour.  I don't work on the department but I did a few years ago and I know how hard they work, in our store we will bend over backwards to make sure the customer is happy especially at Christmas. We don't deliver on Christmas eve, purely because if anything went wrong we wouldn't be sure we could put it right.

I have a delivery every week and never have any problems, I will add they don't know it's me when they pick. if I have a big order I keep the crates and take them back the next day.

As to the handles, there is a certain size that fits on the vans, but at this time of year crates are in short supply so you might get a different one.

Lordy I sound like a PR person for them don't I sorry, but credit where credit is due. Being a picker is a thankless job but they do a wonderful job.  If they wern't there I would have to do my own shopping heaven forbid.

Message 12 of 37
See Most Recent

Oh dear, Te*co

All sorted out now; the customer service was excellent and the driver was very apologetic; Te*co, you have just redeemed yourself; thank you. I bet the .com workers will be stressed out on Xmas Eve though.

Message 13 of 37
See Most Recent

Oh dear, Te*co

beside every item you order on tesco, there is a box for you to write what is an appropriate or chosen substitute

and it works

there are many things i cannot have (daughter is on a strict medical diet)

and they have always, always adhered to it

Message 14 of 37
See Most Recent

Oh dear, Te*co

Gold Star for your T***o then

Message 15 of 37
See Most Recent

Oh dear, Te*co

And I got a bottle of wine from them, Ed, which I didnt expect, so was a nice surprise. Didnt know they don't deliver on Xmas Eve, but I can understand why.

Message 16 of 37
See Most Recent

Oh dear, Te*co

When they first started we had some megga errors on Christmas eve, you know like missing turkeys etc, none in the shop what on earth do you do then, it's much better now.

I have got mine coming on Monday so all I have to worry about is where to put it all.

Enjoy your wine.

Message 17 of 37
See Most Recent

Oh dear, Te*co

@ed_blackadder_1 wrote:

If they wern't there I would have to do my own shopping heaven forbid.

can i have a hallelujah?Smiley LOL

Message 18 of 37
See Most Recent

Oh dear, Te*co

Where's Captain, her ears must be burning.

Message 19 of 37
See Most Recent

Oh dear, Te*co

I have always had good luck with the Tesco orders and their drivers too. I have tried the local Waitrose and they were always messing my order up. So dropped them. The last time they took over 4 weeks before they gave me a refund!! That was the last straw. Luckily hubby and I aren't in a position that it would have been a hardship, but we could have been and for them to keep almost £30 for that length of time was ridiculous. They did send me a voucher for another online delivery, but i told them no way I would be ordering from them again.

Life is too short so enjoy it while you can!
Message 20 of 37
See Most Recent