OK that's it......

all the decorations down, packed away....but do you always find you've left one thing up? you know they say you should leave it up or it's bad luck?

I lived with a Christmas card for the whole of 2015!!!!

I shall be living this year with two of Twishy's felted fantastic meeces, ones holding a sprout the other a Christmas pud!!!

Photobucket

Message 1 of 17
See Most Recent
16 REPLIES 16

OK that's it......

Yup!  Last year it was a resin ornament of a boy and a girl playing in the snow.  This year, in the same place on the windowsill is a light up snowman!!  My grandson spotted it.!!  🙂

Message 2 of 17
See Most Recent

OK that's it......

We have some stickers that glow when it's dark which we put on one of the doors and I didn't move it.  I did take it down though.

Message 3 of 17
See Most Recent

OK that's it......

All our decorations are down & packed away ...........except a small sparkly star that escaped off the tree  smileys-christmas-204148.gif

OK that's it......

Yes, the wreath outside the door & the santa on the mantle.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 5 of 17
See Most Recent

OK that's it......

None here, mine all came down on New years day so I had plenty of time to spot anything.
Message 6 of 17
See Most Recent

OK that's it......

hahaha.....so it's not just me then!!

I just love decorations at Christmas, I'll have to be a bit more strict this year if I see anything I fancy, I've just run out of room!

Photobucket

Message 7 of 17
See Most Recent

OK that's it......

I should imagine that your house is like a grotto at Christmas CB.  I bet it looks brilliant.

Message 8 of 17
See Most Recent

OK that's it......

I thought when I read the title CB you were giving up on FHG ! I really should have known better though.

I have never heard of that superstition though but the one I have heard of and do adhere to is, it is bad luck to buy your own calendar so someone else must buy you one and also it is bad luck to open it and hang it before the New Year has started, so you must wait until after midnight on Hogmanay.

Message 9 of 17
See Most Recent

OK that's it......

We always put up our new calendar on 1st January.  My mum always receives a calendar from the retired staff association of the firm she worked for.  I'll never write anything in a new diary until new year's day either.

Message 10 of 17
See Most Recent

OK that's it......

yes, I never put up the calendar until Jan 1st.

I've just looked over at the coffee table and there on the end are three lanterns I've forgotten to pack away. I will have to make an exception to the rule this year and put them away after 6th, I can't leave them there all year can I?

I've been to the garden centre today and got a few bargains they were on the last of the Christmas deccies there were some beautiful gold baubles there but I didn't know what I could do with them!!!!

Photobucket

Message 11 of 17
See Most Recent

OK that's it......

turn around 360 degrees three times and spit CB ! Not sure what I heard that was about but maybe it was something to do with going against bad luck.

At least it will have J thinking "yep she has finally lost it"      Smiley LOL

Message 12 of 17
See Most Recent

OK that's it......

thought I'd got all mine this year but oh no, cos what did I spy with my little eye yesterday yep thats right this year CB I shall be living with your felt xmas pudding hanging in my kitchen

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 13 of 17
See Most Recent

OK that's it......

....I've been at it again.....embarrassed-smiley.gif.....only managed to snaffle two massive lengths of tinsel, should have been £3 but I paid 75p each!!! I now have three of them for the outside tree.

I know, I know, I'm not supposed to be buying Christmas stuff but I couldn't let that bargain go could I?

all packed away now with the lanterns....I promise I'll stop nowlaffin smiley.gif

Photobucket

Message 14 of 17
See Most Recent

OK that's it......

I won't hold you to that CB.

Message 15 of 17
See Most Recent

OK that's it......

CB...you could open your very own 'all-year-round' Christmas shop Woman LOL

********************************************************************************
Be not inhospitable to strangers, lest they be Angels in disguise.

Message 16 of 17
See Most Recent

OK that's it......

Now there's a point Merc.  She'd make a small fortune.

Message 17 of 17
See Most Recent