New Glass Birdie Thread

I was overcome with guilt at my intense hijacking of the swapsies thread so have started another one relating to birdies! I have read and received all the messages so far from people who would like me to make them one. As to price, well, to be honest I've no idea and will have to work something out. It won't be much though, if anything and I'll let you know. I'll start on them later on so at least some can go in the kiln this week. Watch this space..... From the Fishy One (Imagine a smiley 'cos I can't find them!)
Message 1 of 28
See Most Recent
27 REPLIES 27

New Glass Birdie Thread

Fishy, never you mind it won't be much if anything!!!  You make sure you cover any expenses and then add a little on for your time!  I'm sure none of us would expect you to do it for nothing never mind be out of pocket. 

We know what we like and are willing to pay for it!!  Woman LOL

Message 2 of 28
See Most Recent

New Glass Birdie Thread

I second that! You should put a proper price on them. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 28
See Most Recent

New Glass Birdie Thread

Well said CG .................. totally agree

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 4 of 28
See Most Recent

New Glass Birdie Thread

Me three.

Message 5 of 28
See Most Recent

New Glass Birdie Thread

me too...

please may I hapickme smiley.jpgve one Fishy? I love birdies.....

er what happened there?????

Photobucket

Message 6 of 28
See Most Recent

New Glass Birdie Thread

I hope that I have sent a private message Fishie

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 7 of 28
See Most Recent

New Glass Birdie Thread

Glad we are forming an orderly queue toe way to go fishy..

Message 8 of 28
See Most Recent

New Glass Birdie Thread

yus, we are a polite lot aren't we....

unless I have chocklit and Twishy finds out!!!!

Photobucket

Message 9 of 28
See Most Recent

New Glass Birdie Thread

Yes Stroppy & Captain, I've got your messages and will make you both one too. If anyone messages me tomorrow and I don't get back to you, don't worry, we are having a new computer put in and I might be without it for a while.
Message 10 of 28
See Most Recent

New Glass Birdie Thread

For some reason I can't reply to my messages, even though I can read them. So all is well, almost, except I may seem a bit rude in not answering.
Message 11 of 28
See Most Recent

New Glass Birdie Thread

I love my fishy creations....

none of you will be disappointed....

randoms 254.png

Message 12 of 28
See Most Recent

New Glass Birdie Thread

I love pink, but if you can't do that colour, could I please have a blue one? or purple. Thank you Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 28
See Most Recent

New Glass Birdie Thread

@chickengrandma-2008 wrote:

Fishy, never you mind it won't be much if anything!!!  You make sure you cover any expenses and then add a little on for your time!  I'm sure none of us would expect you to do it for nothing never mind be out of pocket. 

We know what we like and are willing to pay for it!!  Woman LOL

I agree with CG make sure you cover all your costs 🙂

New Glass Birdie Thread

Oh golly gosh, new computer here which means techno-numpty in full form operating it!

Carolyorkie, I will try and do pink but sometimes the pink glass is tricky to get, but I'll do my best for you.  Otherwise I

will do purple or blue for you.

Captain, what colour would you like?  I'm guessing it might be purple but do correct me if wrong.

I've started cutting them, managed to break two in half straight away, but am now well away with birdie construction!

Message 15 of 28
See Most Recent

New Glass Birdie Thread

I did a fused glass workshop a couple of weeks ago just to 'have a go' & by golly the cutting is hard! You are very clever! I was the first one in class to need a plaster!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 16 of 28
See Most Recent

New Glass Birdie Thread

LOL, yes I need plasters sometimes, my tutor must get through truckloads!

You do get used to it though, at first I couldn't cut properly and found it quite

tricky but you kind of get the knack after a while.  Sometimes I work with such

miniscule little bits I get them stuck in my fingers and have to pull them out

with the tweezers.

I've cut five birdies now, all ready to be assembled and join the kiln queue

tonight.

Message 17 of 28
See Most Recent

New Glass Birdie Thread

Can't wait to see my lumpy bumpy messes I made. They have been taken away to be fired. I will show you & give you all a laugh when i get them back! lol

Message 18 of 28
See Most Recent

New Glass Birdie Thread

It can be disappointing sometimes, if it's the same as ceramics.  My daughter can spend say 20 hours, making things from clay, enough to fill the kiln.  She opens the kiln after the firing to find that one (or more) things have exploded and knocked a lot of the others over and broken them! Woman Sad

Message 19 of 28
See Most Recent

New Glass Birdie Thread

Fishie, if its easier for you to do the blue or purple ones, then please don't bother with the pink; I'm happy with either of the other 2 colours.

Message 20 of 28
See Most Recent