My Brother Has Died

Got the very sad news that my Brother died this evening. As some of you will know, he had a fall in November and it left him paralysed from the chest down; he has had 3 heart attacks since and been in hospital all that time. He had a pacemaker fitted last week and we were all hopeful that he had turned the corner. I had a lovely birthday card ready for his 65th birthday next month and now he won't get to see it. Very, very sad day.

Message 1 of 59
See Most Recent
58 REPLIES 58

My Brother Has Died

Carol ma wee darlin...I've never done FB...but here you have a hand held out when you need it g20068.gif

Some of us are bonkers mad  * twishy *  but we are HERE  heart

********************************************************************************
Be not inhospitable to strangers, lest they be Angels in disguise.

Message 41 of 59
See Most Recent

My Brother Has Died

Merc, are you saying that Twishy is mad?  Wonder why you thought that.

Message 42 of 59
See Most Recent

My Brother Has Died

@bitsnknots wrote:

Merc, are you saying that Twishy is mad?  Wonder why you thought that.

twishy mad ???                  never - who said that then ??

********************************************************************************

Message 43 of 59
See Most Recent

My Brother Has Died

Hi Carole, so very sorry to hear that your brother has died after he

fought so hard for so long.  My sincere condolences to you, may

you receive strength and peace.  May Steve rest in peace, now free

from pain and struggle.

I know what you mean about F/book, but people on here, yes we

muck about and banter but I've found that if anyone needs support

these folk are always there with caring words and often far more.

It'll be a hard wait for the funeral and closure, but we are all here

to help you along that difficult road and Steve is already in a

better place.

Hugs,

Fishy

Message 44 of 59
See Most Recent

My Brother Has Died

What lovely sentiments, Fishy; thank you so much. xxxx

Message 45 of 59
See Most Recent

My Brother Has Died

Im glad your off Facebook Carole. I came off a while ago,some people not all(some on here might be on there) are very strange and not genuine.

You stick with us hun,we love you genuinely!!. xxxxxx

Message 46 of 59
See Most Recent

My Brother Has Died

I think I must be too soft, Rose! Whenever anyone has had a problem, they have always turned to me and I have been there for them. There atre times when I've felt like an agony aunt. When its my turn, where are they? I don't want to become hard, as I love to be able to help people, but it does make me question people's loyalty. I've had to put up with commnents like "Your Brother would be better off dead", and "is your brother still with us." I would never dream of being so hurtful to people. Yes, you are a lovely lot on here. I've been posting on this site for almost a year now, long may it continue heart

Message 47 of 59
See Most Recent

My Brother Has Died

I came off FB a good while back mainly because I didn't like and as such, I hardly ever used it.  I'd sooner have it on here because, as has been said before, we may all have a laugh and a joke but when people have problems, we all tend to be there for one another and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Message 48 of 59
See Most Recent

My Brother Has Died

I'm so very sorry to hear you bad news. Why not write your brothers card & display it by a photo of him on his birthday

Message 49 of 59
See Most Recent

My Brother Has Died

That's a good idea, Jilly,  thank you. Feeling quite tearful at the moment as it is just starting to sink in that I will never hear his voice again or get the chance to go see him. He was the only real family that I had left. xx

Message 50 of 59
See Most Recent

My Brother Has Died

Thinking of you Carol    hugss.jpg xx

Message 51 of 59
See Most Recent

My Brother Has Died

Aww Carol...it's so tough for you darlin...I wish I could offer some practical help...but I can only offer my love & send it through the ether, with hugs ...

downloadbereavement.jpg

Message 52 of 59
See Most Recent

My Brother Has Died

Awww that's a lovely verse Merc.

Message 53 of 59
See Most Recent

My Brother Has Died

It is lovely, thanks, Merc. Very comforting. xxxx

Message 54 of 59
See Most Recent

My Brother Has Died

Very sorry to hear your sad news. Some people tend to think those who are always there for others, don't need help or support, or are

surrounded by others doing it for them elsewhere. Others have no idea what to say, and I think things like face book probably makes them worse. Wishing you peace and strength.

Message 55 of 59
See Most Recent

My Brother Has Died

You have a kind heart Carol,,thats it. Facebook can be hard and i have found it so much more genuine on here. Kindness,lovely people,support,and friendship. Sometimes its just faceless people on there no eminating any real warmth. Even though for the moment i dont see anyone on here i can feel the warmth from people and thats what you need in life. ((())). Bless you our carole.heart

Message 56 of 59
See Most Recent

My Brother Has Died

Carol,

I can also hold your hand as I walk the path in front of you. 

I have lost 3 brothers so far (aged 39, 60 and 55 years old) and people in FHG helped to get me through it.

The grief journey is a very difficult one and it is not linear.  Talk about your brother as you hold him in your heart. 

A card in here for his 65th birthday is a great idea.  I will look out for it.

Take care - I send you prayers and blessings.

Message 57 of 59
See Most Recent

My Brother Has Died

Yes they are lovely people on here. In the last 12 months I have lost an aunt and uncle within 9 weeks of each other, then my friend (same age as me) then my lovely Poppy, then Steve's accident in November; 3 weeks ago, my favourite uncle died, and then last week, Steve. Funny how people who have never met me can be so kind and relatives/friends so thoughtless. xx

Message 58 of 59
See Most Recent

My Brother Has Died

Oh Carole, that's really hard isn't it, especially when you give so much time and kindness

to helping others and making sure they're ok.  I think a lot of people feel so awkward when someone

dies, they don't know what to say so keep quiet and keep away for fear of bumbling and

making the bereaved feel even worse.  Some however just don't bother.  I think most who have

lost a dear one would much rather a few words of comfort or a card than nothing at all.

Like you say though, you have all of us here who are with you in thoughts if not in person.  As

Merlin said there isn't a right or wrong way to grieve, it's a very up and down journey which

you must do the way you feel is right. 

We're all here, lifting you up over the troublesome, bumpy bits.

Hugs,

Fishy x

Message 59 of 59
See Most Recent