Meet Mr Tweet's New Friend

Bought another Budgie this morningSmiley Happy Got him in a temporary cage until he settles in, he's still a bit nervous; will introduce him to Tweet in a day or so. I'm calling him SKY due to his lovely colouring and the white band across his chest looks like a cloud. Hope the Tweeters will welcome him to FHG. xx

Message 1 of 151
See Most Recent
150 REPLIES 150

Oh bless him, complicated little guy ain't he! I hope he comes on in leaps & bounds now he's got his mum to himself again!. 😊

**********Sam**********
Message 141 of 151
See Most Recent

Thank you; I'll keep you posted. xx

Message 142 of 151
See Most Recent

Maybe he's just one of those guys who likes to be on his own.
Message 143 of 151
See Most Recent

Yes, a typical bachelor, LOL had the cage to himself for 4 years and got set in his waysSmiley Happy I do wonder though, if he is missing Sky a little bit. I know I am and I was sad at having to return him.

Message 144 of 151
See Most Recent

couldn't you have kept Sky in a separate cage?

Photobucket

Message 145 of 151
See Most Recent

I thought of that, CB. I put Sky in a separate cage and took him over to my neighbours for a night; Tweet started talking straightaway.  When I fetched Sky back the next day, as soon as Tweet heard him, he shut up. So it just wouldn't have worked and living in a small bungalow, there are no other rooms where I could have put him. Believe me if I could have found a way round it, I would have done. I even asked my neighbour if she would keep him but she wouldn't.xx

Message 146 of 151
See Most Recent

ah, what a shame. It's true though one budgie will talk but of course show it another either plastic or real and it shuts up. He's thinking you are his budgie partner so he shows off to you.

I'm sure Sky will have a lovely new home by now. shame though as they were getting on OK until Tweets feathers started to come loose again.

How is he now? any new growth of feather?

Photobucket

Message 147 of 151
See Most Recent

Hi, CB, Tweet is as happy as larry nowSmiley HappyHe's still looking pretty tatty on his chest, its a bigger area this time, but he is growing  white fluff again, so I'm hoping the feathers will come back, even if only for a short while. I hope Sky gets a good home, he was lovely, just a bit too much for Tweet, I'm afraid. If anything happened to Tweet, I would always have 2 Budgies, but the same sort of age. I love the little trick that he does where I whistle and say "come here" and he jumps onto the perch that is the nearest to me; it's not a fluke, because he keeps doing it when asked.

Message 148 of 151
See Most Recent

Hi Carol.  I hope that Tweet's feather problem improves.  I'm glad that he is his old chatty self.  If anything happens to him, you'll be upset along with the rest of us.

I hope that you're keeping well Carol.

Message 149 of 151
See Most Recent

Hi Chris, I'm finally getting over this nasty cold thanks, but have got a tickly cough which is driving me nuts! Hope you are ok? Yes, I would hate anything to happen to our Tweet; he's on his swing now, ready for bed. He couldn't do that when I had Sky, as Sky always commandeered the swing. Poor Tweet, at least he can get back to normal now. Smiley Happy Will keep you updated on the feather problem.

Message 150 of 151
See Most Recent

Hi Carol.  I'm not too bad apart from being very tired.  It took me ages to get to sleep last night so I'm hoping that I sleep better tonight.  

Hope that your cough soon goes Carol.  (((((Carol)))))

Message 151 of 151
See Most Recent