Meet Mr Tweet's New Friend

Bought another Budgie this morningSmiley Happy Got him in a temporary cage until he settles in, he's still a bit nervous; will introduce him to Tweet in a day or so. I'm calling him SKY due to his lovely colouring and the white band across his chest looks like a cloud. Hope the Tweeters will welcome him to FHG. xx

Message 1 of 151
See Most Recent
150 REPLIES 150

Re: Meet Mr Tweet's New Friend

My back is still bad Smiley Sad

Sky is enjoying his Broccoli today; I put the bath in the cage again and he is copying Tweet now, using it to drink from, LOL I had my camera ready in case he had a bath. Will keep trying.

He's doing his screeching racket in Tweet's face again. I think they like each other though.

Message 121 of 151
See Most Recent

Yes we want more pictures,,,, keep them coming!!!!.heart

Message 122 of 151
See Most Recent

Oh we definitely need more photos of the boys please Carol.  I'm glad that they seem to be getting on well.

Message 123 of 151
See Most Recent

Well, I think we may have a breakthrough at last with Tweet and Sky; Tweet has been doing a few dances along his perch, going right up to Tweet and rubbing beaks. Hope its not a mating dance............someone will be in for a surprise, LOL

Message 124 of 151
See Most Recent

LOL,,,,,,LOLWoman LOL

Message 125 of 151
See Most Recent

Well, what a pair of naughty Budgies last night! They wouldn't go to bed! I put the cover on and they were still chasing each other round the cage. Good that they are getting on better, though. Tweet is sat on a perch now, don't think he has woken up properly yet as its such a dark morning. Sky is playing on that ball toy.

Message 126 of 151
See Most Recent

Pleased Sky enjoys his new toy Carol. How are you today?. Looking forward to training i hope?.

Hope all Tweeters are well today,,,, ohhhhhhhhhh theres a bloomin fly in here and i cant get it out!!!!. Grrreeee,,im flyin off LOL.

Message 127 of 151
See Most Recent

I'm glad that the boys seem to be getting on well now Carol. 

Hope that your back is feeling better now.

Message 128 of 151
See Most Recent

A quick good morning on this rainy drizzly day!!!. Hope our Birds are Chirping and happy today!!!!. OOOhhhhh i do love you Carol,Tweet and Sky!!!!!!!!!!!!!. xxxxxxxxxxxxx BIG HUGS ((()))((()))((()))

Message 129 of 151
See Most Recent

Hope that the boys are still getting on well.  How's Tilly today Carol?  Hope that your back is feeling better today.

Message 130 of 151
See Most Recent

Hi Chris - my back is still as bad; if I lean forweard it seems to aggravate it and make it more painful. Tilly is fine thanks; just need to keep a close eye on her. Hope you are ok. xx

Rose - we love you too!! Sky has been screeching alot today; I hope its the budgie equivalent of a 2 yr old toddler's tantrums and that he grows out of it soon, LOL xx

Message 131 of 151
See Most Recent

Hi Carol.  I'm not too bad as I just have my normal aches and pains.  Never mind.  There's plenty more worse than me.

Message 132 of 151
See Most Recent

Sorry to say I had to take Sky back to the pet shop this morning, very sad, but Tweet was becoming more miserable every day, he just didnt take to Sky at all, didnt like his "space" invading, I suppose. Sky was quite an intimidating Budgie towards Tweet, screeching in his face alot and generally taking over. Just pleased the lady took him back and hoping he will be fine now he is amongst the other Budgies. He'll make a lovely pet for whoever buys him next.

Message 133 of 151
See Most Recent

Thats a shame carol I hope tweet might feel a little more settled now.
Message 134 of 151
See Most Recent

Tweet is talking away just like he used to, seems perfectly happy now his mate has gone. His feather loss problem had got worse with Sky in the cage, that's why Sky had to go, obviously he was causing more stress for Tweet. You live and learn.......

Message 135 of 151
See Most Recent

It was worth a try Carol it could have worked the other way.
Message 136 of 151
See Most Recent

That's a shame Carol.  As has been said, it was worth a try.  I'm glad that Tweet is beginning to feel a bit better now.  The feather loss problem might have been down to stress with having Sky being there.

How's Tilly doing by the way?  Hope that she's doing well.

Message 137 of 151
See Most Recent

The lady in the pet shop told me today that 95% of budgies accept each other; trust Tweet to be in the 5% that don't, LOL Tilly is ok thanks, Chris. She limps now and then and was particular;y bad on Friday; Yorkies can get a problem called Patella Luxation (slipping kneecaps) so I'm wondering if it's that. My other little Yorkie had it. Will keep an eye on her.

Message 138 of 151
See Most Recent

aaw never mind, lets see if Tweet gets his feathers back again. Sounds like Sky is an in your face budgie!!!

Photobucket

Message 139 of 151
See Most Recent

He was very in Tweet's face, CB. Maybe he could sense Tweet has a health problem (like birds in the wild can) and was intimidating him. I cleaned Tweet out today and told him he doesn't have to share anything again, LOL

Good to hear him with his usual phrases, like "Cum 'ere" (my Yorkshire accent, don't forget!) and saying the dog's names and the odd swear word; I missed all that.

Message 140 of 151
See Most Recent