Long time since posting, but I am panicking.. .. (ladies thread)

Oh hello, sorry about this but oh dear there are days when things go awry & today is one for me

We have 2 new little rescue dogs

My son is in a play, & we hosted one of his fellow thesps for the week.  He kindly gave us chocs & flowers as a thank you & the 2 tiny terrors (little terriers) ate the chocs whilst we were waving off the lads.  Unwrapped each & every one (those tiny Swiss bars) in moments Smiley Sad

OH has phoned vet & they are there now - been injected with emetic Cat SadCat Sad

That's not my panic - my panic is a ladies one; I have blood in my wee & oh blimey I've got tummy ache.  I'll get to a GPs tomorrow; I'm drinking as much water as I can.  It came on today - I had thought I'd got thrush so treated myself for that on Friday, but oh dear .. ..

Has anyone had this?  I've had cystitis before but I'm panicking because of the blood.  It's not all blood, but it's worse each visit to the loo

I've just got in a bit of a jitter, what with the dogs & everything Woman Frustrated

Message 1 of 28
See Most Recent
27 REPLIES 27

Can you get to a walk in center or A&E?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 28
See Most Recent

I am wondering whether it is kind of serious enough - it's not really an emergency is it?  Though it hurts!

Maybe I should have gone to the Vets too!!

You have a dog Patch.  Has she ever eaten chocolate?  Our first dog never did THAT - though he did other things, bless him

These 2 are so small.  When I'm sorted I'll add photos.  They're only about a year old, & have fooled us by being so GOOD 

Message 3 of 28
See Most Recent

Can you ring the out of hours medical service for advice? They will either tell you to go straight to hospital, or not to worry it can wait. I had blood in urine once and it was a kidney problem and straight into hospital, but it could be an infection. Don't sit worrying - ring them.

Message 4 of 28
See Most Recent

I have rung & the lady who answered (who was plainly reading her script) has said that a Doctor will call me

Within the next 12 hours

I may yet catch up with OH at the Vet *sigh*

I acknowledge that it's not an 'emergency', but it's better chatting here than with a lady who says 'Just answer what I ask you even if you think the question is irrelevant' 

Anyway, hopefully the next chat will be a bit more personal

Message 5 of 28
See Most Recent

Do ring the out of hours service....

The last time we used this a doctor actually rang and spoke to my husband re his problem and in his case arranged for an outpatient visit to hospital the following morning.

Dont think you are being a nuisance ....you need reassurance and advice ....just do it...
Message 6 of 28
See Most Recent

No Damson has never eaten chocolate so I can't help with that one. I do fee though that if you are in pain you should see a doctor.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 7 of 28
See Most Recent

My goodness - a call straight away & an appt at local hospital at 9

I thought I'd have to go to next town!!

Thank you for encouraging me.  I have a horror of wasting medics time

But it does hurt

Have to leave OH dealing with vomiting terriers

I hope noone's eating Woman Frustrated

Message 8 of 28
See Most Recent

Oh dear Wizzi not having a good day,  try not to panic, I have had cystiitus several times and each time I have had blood in it, mind you I panicked the first time, please go and see though.

As to the dogs, my spanielhas eaten chocoate and was fine she also ate 6 mince pies that she managed to steal from the worktop and that had no effect either, she is a dustbin, but you did the right thing chocolate can be very dangerous, we always ring the vets if Poppy eats something she shouldn't.

Message 9 of 28
See Most Recent

Drinking cranberry juice is supposed to be good for cystitis - hope you get it sorted quickly

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 10 of 28
See Most Recent

Hope that you get on alright when you see the doctor Wizi.  Fingers crossed for you.

Message 11 of 28
See Most Recent

Just popping in and although I have no advice wanted to say ..................... thinking of you wizi xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 12 of 28
See Most Recent

No, I've no experience but hoping you get on ok wizi. Woman Happy

Message 13 of 28
See Most Recent

I always keep a carton of Cranberry juice in the cupboard, "just in case" I've had Cystitis a few times and it is so painful. Thinking of you, Wizi.

Message 14 of 28
See Most Recent

wizi...it's lovely to see you Woman Happy

Don't you be panicking, blood in urine doesn't necessarily mean anything bad.

Cystitis is easily dealt with, although soooo painful.

Drink loads of water...& cranberry is good...& a drs visit for anti-b's.

Good luck darlin, & keep us up to date, so we don't worry about you heart

********************************************************************************
Be not inhospitable to strangers, lest they be Angels in disguise.

Message 15 of 28
See Most Recent

hope you are feeling a little better now. Our dog once ate a kitkat and even got the foil off it!!! it was in the days when they didn't know choc was bad for them, he had no effects whatsoever.

Photobucket

Message 16 of 28
See Most Recent

Phew.  That was an evening!!  

The Out Of Hours Doctor was very kind, & said yep, I do have infection & she's given me antibiotics

I've been lucky & not had such a problem before - have had cystitis but not like this..

Thank you for being here - I got in a bit of a tiz & a spin.  Silly me

The dogs are on some sort of charcoal every 4 hours, but have been made mighty sick & are expected to be ok

They seem to be recovering

OH just made us a cuppa, announcing 'Do we have any chocolate? - I just fancy some'

Hrrrrrrrmmmmph.  Unfunny Woman Indifferent

Message 17 of 28
See Most Recent

my dog eat almost a box of maltesas during the night i was up every hour letting her out as she had the runs was fine next day was before we knew how bad chocolate was for dogs

Message 18 of 28
See Most Recent

I rarely get over here but hope you are all OK

You did the right thing, blood isn't that uncommon with a urine infection but it should always, always be checked out. Its so easy to test and get you the right treatment. Dont let anyone fob you off blood anywhere it shouldn't be (even if its happened before) needs to be checked out.

I have to have a small amount of cranberry juice twice a day now. Just a quarter of a beaker at a time, I found any more tipped towards the intersticial type (you cant win) . Daren't miss it. Getting older is such fun!

Sounds like the vet did the right thing as well. As far as I understand it there is no practical way to find out if the dog is missing the enzyme (?) until its too late, so you have to assume and treat aggessively. I hope they are both OK.

Message 19 of 28
See Most Recent

I am glad that it's nothing too serious Wizi.  Hope that you feel better soon.

Message 20 of 28
See Most Recent