Ladies only (obviously) menopause advice

I think I am entering the first stage of the dreaded menopause (boo). I am 47 and for the last 3 months have noticed some changes ie. monthly cycle a bit erratic, waking up clammy with the back of my hair stuck to my head etc I was just wondering if you have any tips on how to deal with it. what worked for you etc. I cannot take HRT as my mother has had breast cancer so the risk is too high. I know everyone is different but a little advice may go a long way for me in the future. I am dreading it. Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 55
See Most Recent
54 REPLIES 54

When iam goingout  for the day i take my hand held fan tucked into my hand bag. Just in case i need it,  I have also started to slow down and not rush to do things as quickly as i used to do.   If it takes all day to do something then i will do it eventually.  I feel i cant rush anymore or i take dizzy spells, and start to panic.

........................................................................................................................................ I LOVE EVERYONE.
Message 41 of 55
See Most Recent

Good idea, you can get some nice face sprays as well that cool you down, very sensible to slow down as well, take time to relax more,,not always possible but if you are starting to panic then do it!

**********Sam**********
Message 42 of 55
See Most Recent

Hello ladies.  I need help here, since i started the menopause my arms get very itchy.  What should i do please.

........................................................................................................................................ I LOVE EVERYONE.
Message 43 of 55
See Most Recent

Hi Irene, sorry I've only just seen this, the skin can very often dry out during the Menapause also the scalp, which is why I said to pamper yourself, a few questions if I may!
Have you got a rash?
Have you changed either your deodorant or washing powder?
Does it occur before, after or during a flush or is it there all the time?

**********Sam**********
Message 44 of 55
See Most Recent

Irene here im useing Tommys ID I have it all the time, but at night time it goes crazy.

......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 45 of 55
See Most Recent

Hmmm! Sounds like a heat thing ie a sweat rash, most probably caused by the night sweats, tell me have you checked the tablets that you are on, the leaflet for side affects?check that first!.

**********Sam**********
Message 46 of 55
See Most Recent

I'm gonna have to go back to class, I'll look in later.
When you wash, shower or bathe make sure you pat dry rather than rub, so that it doesn't make it more sore, E45 do a cream specifically for itchiness which is good, but I'm sure the ladies will come up with some more ideas for you so keep looking in!.❤️

**********Sam**********
Message 47 of 55
See Most Recent

Bumping this thread for ideas for irene?

**********Sam**********
Message 48 of 55
See Most Recent

Dear Irene, I wonder if prickly heat powder (like talcum powder) would ease your itching.  We lived overseas (Malaysia) when I was younger and everybody got prickly heat including my husband (he was a diver).

We were never without Snake Brand prickly heat powder - it has taken me all day to remember what it was called. I used it when I was menopausal.  I checked and they have it on the big river.  They have different scents now, but we had the classic original which had a nice scent, not overpowering.  The divers were never without it.  May be worth a try.

Also, remember S*docrem that you used when changing babies nappies?  It has some effect on the itching too.

Hope this helps.

Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Strange days indeed, strange days indeed,
Most peculiar Mamma.....................................
Message 49 of 55
See Most Recent

that S*docr*m is brilliant! it has stopped my madness itching on my lady garden. Nothing else was working, even stuff the Dr had given me. If I use it in the morning then I'm comfortable all day.

must admit though, I seem to have my hot flushes in the night, usually about 1am I'm sitting on the end of the bed cooling off!!! but I don't get many of them. OH seems to get more than me!!!

Photobucket

Message 50 of 55
See Most Recent

Every night about midnight for me I usually end up laying like a starfish in front of the open window however cold it is.  2 years and counting for me.  No other symptoms just the night sweats and the odd flush during the day.

Message 51 of 55
See Most Recent

Oh CB , you crack me up 😂😀😊 ive laughed soooooo much ive ended up with stitch!
It actually reminds me to say, & ii don't wish to offend but it is important, all delicate areas can be affected , not everyone it's true, but nowadays you can get things to help! Enough said I think!!.

**********Sam**********
Message 52 of 55
See Most Recent

swinging smiley.gif

Photobucket

Message 53 of 55
See Most Recent

😘😉

**********Sam**********
Message 54 of 55
See Most Recent

Hi  ladies.   Thanks for all the replies,about different products that i can use for my itchy arms. 

Message 55 of 55
See Most Recent