How moving is this?

Poppies planted in the moat at the Tower of London

London: Ceramic poppies planted at Tower of London to mark World War I ...

Ceramic poppies fill the Tower of London moat to commemorate WWI ...

This is only the first 100 thousand or so , it will totally fill the moat by the 14th November, with over 800 thousand ceramic poppies, it quite took my breathe away.

Message 1 of 24
See Most Recent
23 REPLIES 23

How moving is this?

what's even sadder is the fact that man can't seem to stop waging war on itself....

very sad.....

Photobucket

Message 2 of 24
See Most Recent

How moving is this?

Hello

It is truly amazing & beautiful !!!

Thanks for sharing it Woman Happy

Message 3 of 24
See Most Recent

How moving is this?

I agree CB. I hope they sell the poppies for the British Legion afterwards.:)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 24
See Most Recent

How moving is this?

That's really moving.  I too hope that they sell the poppies for the Royal British Legion.

Message 5 of 24
See Most Recent

How moving is this?

They are selling now for £25.00 each and they hope to raise £15 million for service men and womens charities.

Message 6 of 24
See Most Recent

How moving is this?

Brilliant.:) The quilt that SW Quilters made is being raffled & is raising thousands. Very proud to have been a tiny part of that.:)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 7 of 24
See Most Recent

How moving is this?

Can't however find anything to say where from, not exactly well advertised, I could find out all about Katy Price in the top news stories however.

Found it look on here http://www.hrp.org.uk/TowerOfLondon/stories/firstworldwar/TheTowerofLondonRemembers#form

Message 8 of 24
See Most Recent

How moving is this?

do you have a piccy of it Maggie? and yes, well done you, I bet your square is the best!!!

Photobucket

Message 9 of 24
See Most Recent

How moving is this?

Superb piccie & soooooo moving, I hope they reach their target a worth while cause!

**********Sam**********
Message 10 of 24
See Most Recent

How moving is this?

imagespoppy.jpg

********************************************************************************
Be not inhospitable to strangers, lest they be Angels in disguise.

Message 11 of 24
See Most Recent

How moving is this?

I'm hoping to see this on Thursday as we are in London for the day.

I'm thinking of buying a poppy but not sure what to make of the fact that only 10% of the cost is going to charity (plus all net proceeds?) which should be millions of pounds if they are all sold.

What do you think all net proceeds means? Presumably what's left over when they pay for the poppies and installation etc.

still sig
Message 12 of 24
See Most Recent

How moving is this?

This is the quilt.

SWQ Poppy Quilt.jpg

Message 13 of 24
See Most Recent

How moving is this?

I did wonder about that, I should imagine that nearly a million cost a lot to make, they said they hoped to make £15 million, I would love to see them, something worth coming to London for.
Message 14 of 24
See Most Recent

How moving is this?

Maggie that is beautiful, where can you find information on it please.
Message 15 of 24
See Most Recent

How moving is this?

Saw it on TV this morning ...it looks so beautiful and it would be lovely to view it in person ....although it would be very emotional....

Too far away for me though ....
Message 16 of 24
See Most Recent

How moving is this?

I think it will be at the Festival of Quilts at the NEC this week. Not sure how you can buy tickets though as the BL has it now.

Message 17 of 24
See Most Recent

How moving is this?

Thanks perhaps I will try the BL site.

Message 18 of 24
See Most Recent

How moving is this?

If you Google 'Every Stitch a Memory' British Legion quilt you might get something. It was shown on the BBC2 programme last night but only fleetingly.

Message 19 of 24
See Most Recent

How moving is this?

That's beautiful Maggie .

Those poppies are so thought provoking and look so amazing

Thanks for the link Ed , haave purchased my poppy and made a dedication to my Uncle Ben (whom my son is named after)

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 20 of 24
See Most Recent