Hospitals aaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh

Had to go to the doctor's this morning and he wanted me to go to the hospital for a blood test but before I had the blood test, I had to ask them did they have any ice as the blood sample had to be frozen before it lab could test it.  Oh yes they had ice but because my GP had written the blood test he wanted doing instead of printing it, they couldn't do it.  My GP told me himself he couldn't print it and that it had to be handwritten.  I stopped off at the doctors on my way home to explain the situation and left a message for the doctor explaining what had happened.  About half an hour later, my GP himself rang and he was not best pleased.  He's rung the hospital and spoke to the head of department who sent his apologies for being misinformed as they could and should have done the blood test originally.  I now have to go back on Monday morning for the said blood test.  Our GP said I have to ring him if they won't do it.  Honestly, it's a right pain.

Message 1 of 47
See Most Recent
46 REPLIES 46

Good old NHS eh Books, left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing,  very frustrating for you, going backwards and forwards,

will keep my fingers crossed for Monday.

Message 2 of 47
See Most Recent

Thanks Ed.  My GP has told me to ring him if they refuse again.  He's not a happy bunny.

Message 3 of 47
See Most Recent

I believe that's called too many chiefs not enough Indians . Lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 4 of 47
See Most Recent

Well we are having the opposite this week.  Phone call Monday re-arranging the end march appt for Tuesday.  Then OH attended a clinic today, the doctor from a related clinic was there as well so they did his check there and then so monday is now free!.  Son has a scan appointment tomorrow when he only went to the Doc on Monday!.  everything going swimmingly.  

Apart from son's blood test, fortunately non fasting, which he has been asked to have mid-March.  Now whilst I am absolutely convinced that the GP will not object if it is done earlier if we are up there anyways son is refusing to have it done until mid-march!!! At £2.00odd for an hour parking I really, really feel like making him walk!!!!!!.

Message 5 of 47
See Most Recent

The car parking at our hospital is free for the first 20 minutes and the £1 for an hour.  This morning, I was there for about 22 minutes this morning so I had to pay.  I'll have to pay again on Monday I've no doubt because it will take them so long.  My GP even gave me his mobile phone number in case I need to ring him if they won't do the blood test on Monday.

Message 6 of 47
See Most Recent

frustrating as it may be

some people need to walk for 3 days to get medical help

some people need to pay hundreds if not thousands for it

£1 and a wasted journey is small compared

i salute the NHS

flawed? yes

but i could never have afforded the care my daughter has received

nor could i do the jobs they do

Message 7 of 47
See Most Recent

oh how frustrating for you Chris, I remember going the hospital once to have an xray on my left arm, the nurse said right arm I said no, it's the left. She said no, it's the right it says so on the form.....

show me the way out!!!!!.......................

Photobucket

Message 8 of 47
See Most Recent

I know CB.  I just feel like I've lost the will to live. I also have to go for x-rays on my chest and neck.  All this is because I have a problem with one of the fingers on my left hand.  

Message 9 of 47
See Most Recent

Why have you lost the will to live booksandbits?    Dint the nhs give you a new ankle and look after your mother with abad heart and you slagging them of now you have to pay a pound to park and they have the wrong information with all the thousands of people they treat for no thanks!

Message 10 of 47
See Most Recent

I'm not slagging the NHS.  After all, I have had good treatment from them in the past and so has my mother.  My GP, who is absolutely brilliant, agrees with me that I have been messed about by the hospital and the hospital have agreed that they should have done the blood test today.  Have you never had problems with the NHS snowonder or have you been lucky enough never to need them?

Message 11 of 47
See Most Recent

I thought with the title of the thread and you've lost the will to live wasn't very comlimentry . I've been in yes and are understaffed so do a great job being so pushed.

Message 12 of 47
See Most Recent

I'm sorry that you found what I had said was uncomplimentary but I have had other problems with this hospital in the past.  I am very lucky to have my Goddaughter as, this hospital told her mother that she wasn't in labour when she was.  Steph was breach but coming out feet first.  Her mum stood her ground and ended up having an emergency c section and Steph had the cord wrapped around her neck.   Also, the last time my mum was in this hospital, they did someone elses obs and made notes and put them on my mum's records.  Do you see now why I get annoyed with this particular hospital?

Message 13 of 47
See Most Recent

I certainly do! & when all is said & done we pay enough for it during our working lives not just for ourselves but for those who don't & can't contribute , to say they are busy is no excuse at all in this sort of profession where peoples lives are put at risk through bad management , you wouldn't accept it in other forms of business so why should you accept it in this!

**********Sam**********
Message 14 of 47
See Most Recent

Couldn't agree more saasher.  

Message 15 of 47
See Most Recent

I am losing a bit of faith in the NHS lately with people losing their lives uneccessarily under its care!. Several hospitals have been under scrutiny and so they should be!!. We put our lives in their hands so to speak and as Sam said we pay for it all our lives!!!. We want to feel safe and cared for, not worried and scared!!.

Message 16 of 47
See Most Recent

Unforrunately we are finding the same situation everywhere. Staff numbers are pared to the bone because people don't want to pay more but insist on having the same service from less people, at some point something has to give. My employer has not taken on replacement staff when people have left or gone on maternity leave so we are desperately trying to do the same jobs with less people. We're recently been told by ghr council that they want us yo give more for less. We're already working flat out.
It's not the fault of those in the job slogging thier guts out, they're probably trying to do the best they can under the circumstances
Photobucket
Message 17 of 47
See Most Recent

people SHOULD feel safe and confident, i agree

but you really need to put this into perspective

yes mistakes are made, as a percentage, how many against the miracles they perform every single day?

maybe if they werent working 16+ hours per day saving lives less mistakes would be made

we all look to doctors and expect way more than we do from any other profession

i still stand by my statement

we are lucky to have the NHS

and if people dont like it, they should find another way to receive medical treatment

there are plenty of private facilities in this country

we are lucky, we have a choice

many do not

Message 18 of 47
See Most Recent

I agree with what you say, but in any other job if the management can't keep up they are sacked. If they spent less time in hiring in contract cleaners who clearly are not doing a satisfactory job as the rise in noxious bugs is evident, & more on nursing staff & the like . Perhaps the nurses wouldn't jump ship to join the private medical staff!

**********Sam**********
Message 19 of 47
See Most Recent

management are fired, and others brought in

there is only so much people can do with what they are working with

the rise in bugs is a war they are spending millions combating

scientists cannot eradicate them, expecting a person with a mop to, is stretching it

resources are stretched in every walk of life

they cannot research eradicating bugs for spending trying to keep them at bay

its a viscious cycle

Message 20 of 47
See Most Recent