Hospitals aaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh

Had to go to the doctor's this morning and he wanted me to go to the hospital for a blood test but before I had the blood test, I had to ask them did they have any ice as the blood sample had to be frozen before it lab could test it.  Oh yes they had ice but because my GP had written the blood test he wanted doing instead of printing it, they couldn't do it.  My GP told me himself he couldn't print it and that it had to be handwritten.  I stopped off at the doctors on my way home to explain the situation and left a message for the doctor explaining what had happened.  About half an hour later, my GP himself rang and he was not best pleased.  He's rung the hospital and spoke to the head of department who sent his apologies for being misinformed as they could and should have done the blood test originally.  I now have to go back on Monday morning for the said blood test.  Our GP said I have to ring him if they won't do it.  Honestly, it's a right pain.

Message 1 of 47
See Most Recent
46 REPLIES 46

@calibra101 wrote:

Be it private or public sector it is still a massive waste of money. The layout is dreadful as well.physiotherapy is at the far end as is outpatients so if you are on crutches or have chest problems etc. you have to walk the distance of 1/4 of a football field just to get there. Oh by the way the management offices and coffee shop are just as you enter the building. Pfffftttt.

That's typical Calibra.  They've rebuilt both of our hospitals and they both look more like hotels than hospitals.  They've just started charging for disabled car parking at both hospitals as well so before, I didn't pay to park and now I have to but it's not as bad as some hospitals.  I also think that there should be no parking at hospitals.  If they have to charge, it should just be a flat rate of no more than £1.

Message 41 of 47
See Most Recent

I agree with you books. Up until last year our main hospital had had a system like the NPC where you drive in then collect your card and pay on the way out. I have paid as much as £5.50 just waiting in A&E with my mother, it has been scrapped now though due to complaints.

Message 42 of 47
See Most Recent

The hospital that said that they couldn't do my blood test yesterday when it turned out that they could charge up to £10 for parking if you're there for 6 hours or more I think it is.  It's ridiculous.

Message 43 of 47
See Most Recent

Thats dreadful  and should be abolished. IMO.

Message 44 of 47
See Most Recent

There's been more complaints about it than enough but they don't take any notice.  It's just a money making racket at the expense of sick people.

Message 45 of 47
See Most Recent

Yep and in come the private sector......shocking.

Message 46 of 47
See Most Recent

I see on the front of one paper today another hospital is being blasted for problems with cleanliness and other things!!!!!!. OMG. Ohhhhh deary me. Its not good. 

Message 47 of 47
See Most Recent