Has anyone had a ghostly experience?

When I was growing up we moved to a house where something used to sit on the bed; I was terrified and used to kick it away but it just moved to the other side of my feet. My parents had the same experience too. Also, lightswitches used to be flicked on and off. One time I was in my bedroom and the landing light started swinging, then the bulb smashed. (I got the blame for it at first, until my Mum realised it couldn't have been me.) We had 2 attics and one was always cold. Our dog at the time would only go up the first 2 steps, then he would start growling and his fur would stand up on his neck and he refused to go any further. Was I glad when we moved house several years later!

Message 1 of 11
See Most Recent
10 REPLIES 10

Yes we lived in an old coaching inn & we had similar happenings. I was never scared by it though. It was naughty not malevolent. WE had coalhangers pulled out of wardrobes, the main door was unbolted overnight and the sound of children running around upstairs when there was nobody there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 11
See Most Recent

ID LIKE TO GO ON ONE OF THOSE GHOST HUNTS WOOO HOOOO. THE JACK THE RIPPER WALK IN LONDON APPEALS TO ME I LOVE ALL THE OLD CREEPY TALES OF LONG AGO YOU KNOW LIKE IN DICKENSION TIMES AND THAT. IT WAS FASCINATING IN THOSE TIMES I THINK.

Woman Very Happy

Message 3 of 11
See Most Recent

Rose take my husband will you he keeps going on about that walk.

Message 4 of 11
See Most Recent

there isn't enough time on here for me to tell you about things that have happened to me!!

spirits follow me around, but I've learned to live with it.

Photobucket

Message 5 of 11
See Most Recent

The last place we lived in was an apartment in a grade 2 listed building.  I used to have a desk top computer in my bedroom.  I was using the computer one day and saw something move out the corner of my eye.  Mum had the same thing as well.  It was a modern apartment but the whole house was built in 1812 and it was a former chest hospital.

Message 6 of 11
See Most Recent

I was thinking about this today when I drive past the site where some new apartments are

being built.  They are being built on the site of a pub which was demolished a few years

ago after some trouble there in which somebody was stabbed and died.  I guess at least

some of the new occupants won't know about that, but I thought I wouldn't like to live there.

I was driving back from shopping at about half past nine one evening a few years back,

down the back lanes from Thurrock Lakeside Centre.  I saw an old bus, I mean very old

with what appeared to be gas lighting, open back etc.  It was a green bus, a double-decker

with passengers on.  It was just turning from the route into a lane I was about to turn out

of and I remember thinking buses shouldn't be going down there.  Then it disappeared.

Sometime later I was talking to a colleague at work about it (remember I work for a coach

firm as a driver, well the colleague did too).  He had seen this too and I have seen it once

more.  He used to drive for the company that then ran the buses on that route but knew of

nothing involving one of them/their drivers, passengers or conductors there.  I know of

nobody else who's seen this, we thought maybe it only shows itself to bus drivers!!  Not

scary though, just weird.  I wanted it to come back so I could have a proper look instead

of being alarmed when I thought it would hit my car in the narrow land but just

disappeared instead.

Message 7 of 11
See Most Recent

In a word, yes - I have.

Subsequently I found out that years earlier other people had experienced the exact same sighting in the exact same place...

Message 8 of 11
See Most Recent

We have a house built in 1967 on a plot where a 1920s house once stood before it burnt down. Myself and several other people have heard people going up and down stairs....but not where the stairs are now. Nobody died in the fire but the plot was sold and I wonder if someone comes back.
Message 9 of 11
See Most Recent

To be honest, I'm more intrigued than frightened by these things.

Those programmes like ghost hunters get on my nerves a bit though

as they sensationalise and drag it out for ages.

Message 10 of 11
See Most Recent

I once past a penny farthing which was coming up the road near the top of a hill, strange i thought -looked in the mirror there was nothing there, figmant of imagination who knows.

I boarded at a mixed hostel( old stately house ), all hell broke one night one of the girls felt someone sit on her legs, the screams you could hear were genuine. only one other girl was in the dorm at the time.

Same place the dorms were interlinked by fire doors, one night the 13 year olds next door had a seance, again all hell broke loose, there was a sunned wind in the room, the curtains blew out, and 2 were in tears as a hand had clamped on his shoulder.- was for one of the kids grandmas.

often wonder how much should be attributed to ones imagination, though i did a seance once - never again.

Message 11 of 11
See Most Recent