Email from eBay

Just had an email purporting to be from ebay saying that my account was going to be suspended within 24 hours if I didn't confirm my details.  The email is a scam but it looked genuine as it gave my user name and email address.  If anyone else receives one of these emails, don't click on any links and forward it to spoof at ebay.

Message 1 of 11
See Most Recent
10 REPLIES 10

Email from eBay

what with these spoof e mails plus the phone calls about faulty computers and bank accounts, plus the messages about parcel deliveries that you know nothing about life is becoming very stressful. I almost fell for one the other day - e mail giving details of the court case against me with a link to click to view the court paperwork, then just thought that as I had no knowledge of any court case then s.d them, wasn't until I had woken up a bit that I realised I had nearly fallen for a scam.

Had a phone call today telling me "you must answer my questions about your household" my reply is not printable!

Thanks for the warning

Message 2 of 11
See Most Recent

Email from eBay

When we get phone calls from India saying we have a problem with the computer, we always say 'I'm sorry but I don't have a computer'.  It's amazing how quickly they put the phone down.

Message 3 of 11
See Most Recent

Email from eBay

Hubby had phone call today about faster broadband speed and free calls, he said I do not have a phone, the caller said you must have a phone you are talking to me, hubby said this is not a phone, caller said what is it then, hubby said a cucumber!Robot LOL at least the guy rang off laughing!

Message 4 of 11
See Most Recent

Email from eBay

I like that one Dairy.  

I've had quite a few spam emails telling me that I'm wanted in court.  I'd dearly like to know what I've done wrong.  Needless to say they just get deleted.

Another one that annoys me is that when you get a phone call and the caller starts off by saying 'how are you today?'  I always reply by saying 'you tell me what you want and I'll tell you how I am'.  The phone always gets put down at the other end.

Message 5 of 11
See Most Recent

Email from eBay

When they ask me how I am today I tell them exactly how I am, in graphic detail and at great length. They usually give up pretty quickly.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 6 of 11
See Most Recent

Email from eBay

The worst spam I had was a full screen pop-up purporting to be from the police informing me that I'd entered into an illegal site on the web and telling my how much I stood to lose because of my "activities".  It went further to explain however that in this particular case if I paid a £100.00 "fine" within 24 hours, my computer would be restored and no further action would be taken against me.  I photographed the details and took it down to the police station, who were MOST INTERESTED AND TOOK FULL DETAILS  CONFIRMING IT WAS VERY MUCH SPAM MAIL.  He pointed out that under no circumstances would, or could, the police "fine" anybody over the internet, and that this had been designed to strike terror into the reader and panic them into paying £100.00 for absolutely nothing.  He told me: "If it's an illegal sight, what's it doing up there in the first place?" and told me to contact my server, which I did.  It took a full hour for the technician at the other end of the line to talk me through it step by step.  Once it was up and running, I broke down, literally, because by then I'd been without sleep for more than seventy hours.  Very, very frightening because at that stage I didn't know whether I should change my bank account as a precaution - it shook me up bad.  They put me through Hell - literally.  God, how I'd love to horse whip the *bleep*

Message 7 of 11
See Most Recent

Email from eBay

Me too Stroppy,

I can ramble on for 20 minutes about my aches and pains, kids, medicine, operations, bills etc., and I always include cold callers.

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 8 of 11
See Most Recent

Email from eBay

I had the misfortune of asking a bloke that question at work as I sat next to hinm at the staff restaurant at work - he told me!!!!Smiley LOL

"Oh, Fred.  I have angina, and my jaundice, which I caught out in the Far East keeps returning to my.  My sciatica is ..."  No pause and in a continuous monotone voice.  Absolutely no variation in pitch.  I had a full, three-course lunch in about twelve minutes!

Message 9 of 11
See Most Recent

Email from eBay

the phone calls claiming to be from "windows helpdesk" are the most frequent at the moment, I usually say "for security reasons please quote my licence number for windows" - they hang up pretty quickly. These wanted in court e mails are a pain though, so many people might be going through various forms of legal proceedings and may well get caught out. I never open them, but would love to see what they think I have done!!!

Message 10 of 11
See Most Recent

Email from eBay

The in court ones are a pest I agree.  They just go into my spam folder and are duly deleted unopened.

Message 11 of 11
See Most Recent