Does anyone of you clever bods know anything about bicep injuries please?

I went to The doctors with severe pain in my right upper arm and was diagnosed with an injured bicep, Doctor told me to rest it as much as I can otherwise it won't heal. Well I have tried to but as I am a carer to a few members of my family and can't keep still I have damaged it again.

This time I think I have completely torn/ruptured it as it has bruised and gone a funny shape, I have tried to rest it again and the pain has gone, but the shape and bruising is still the same.

My question is, is there anyone out there who has experienced similar who can tell me they finally recovered and got their bicep back to normal. Ho long did it take or did you have to go and have surgery to repair it. The thing is.. I have googled and I really don't want to have surgery, I can't afford the time off.   Smiley Sad

such anger,prejudice and hypocrisy on a simple forum supposed to be free for all. I wish you all you all wish for xx good bye

@**bustysinclaire** wrote:

xx

Sorry, wrong ID again.

Thanks both,

I will now have to know my limitations.....................................well, try anway  xxSmiley Wink

such anger,prejudice and hypocrisy on a simple forum supposed to be free for all. I wish you all you all wish for xx good bye

You've been very lucky & for that I'm glad! Don't hinder the healing by overdoing it & causing more damage.😼

**********Sam**********
Message 42 of 43
See Most Recent

@saasher2012 wrote:
You've been very lucky & for that I'm glad! Don't hinder the healing by overdoing it & causing more damage.😼

Agreed saasher, will have to be carefull now, as I have only got the one upper tendon to rely on.