Deno's Diary Part 3, A new Chapter

Deno (proper name De Novo) was adopted by FHG posters in 2005 when one of them, Shebalator, rescued him from slaughter.

Then - 700lbs underweight with a broken jaw and multiple other ills.

Photobucket

2008 - still struggling with sarcoids but finally fit enough to have a light rider up for the first time so he could
join his mates on a jaunt round the local lanes

Photobucket

2009 - due to sheb’s declining health, a new home was sought for Deno.
A very brave ebayer named upthecreekyetagain ( very apt name I think you will agree) agreed to take him on.
So, now Deno lives in Surrey with the Creeky family, plus 3 lovely mares. He has 5 acres of grass and orchards to roam in and is very happy.

Photobucket

His sarcoids still remain a problem, but a new vet is investigating them further to decide on the best course of palliative care.
Visits can be arranged, please contact Creeky for more info.

Deno is reliant on fundraising and donations for his food, medicines and all the things that make his world that bit nicer.

His in-depth story can be found on his website http://www.denorescuedhorse.co.uk/
and there is more info (including how you can join in and help him) on Elphaba’s Me Page.

This replaces his previous diary thread that had become too cumbersome to load.
And to mark the start of the next chapter of his life.

New Deno supporters always welcome!

Photobucket

Photobucket
deno 4 posh
Message 1 of 6,249
See Most Recent
6,248 REPLIES 6,248

Morning 🙂

Flying through quickly as its little elpha's school fayre in a minute. Country dancing is being perpetrated by the entire infants and Smallest has hidden the sun cream.

Will catch up on his piccies later, but now I have a lovely image of him limboing under the fence :-D

Photobucket
Message 41 of 6,249
See Most Recent

Elphaba - when you have a moment I would like your addy as I have something to post to you :-x (cam me please!)

Body of a Genius - Mind of an Athlete

Body of a Genius, Mind of an Athlete

Message 42 of 6,249
See Most Recent

Ooooh ?:|

Will do Genius (haven't got those keyrings to the PO yet I'm afraid, will do in the week)

Photobucket
Message 43 of 6,249
See Most Recent

I have really enjoyed reading through this diary and I wondered if a horse magazine would pay for regular diary stories about Deno's exploits - particularly if it would raise funds for the upkeep. Love the photos as well :)
Photobucket

Photobucket
Message 44 of 6,249
See Most Recent

Little nudge off page 2
Photobucket
Message 45 of 6,249
See Most Recent

deno and limboing,

oohhhh goddddd noooooooooo!!

please, my nerves are still recovering from last
weeks little adventure!

lovely pics of deno looking very contented.

Photobucket

Photobucket
deno 4 posh
Message 46 of 6,249
See Most Recent

alchemist-01
Elph... my hubby limbered off to the post office with your box this morning so it should be with you soon. :-D Photobucket
Alchy's sig
Message 47 of 6,249
See Most Recent

alchemist-01
A late morning bump... :-D Photobucket
Alchy's sig
Message 48 of 6,249
See Most Recent

Afternoon chaps 🙂

Thanks Al (and the helpful Mr Al) Will perhaps wait for MDCC - undecided right now what would be best.....unless we could try another round of Deno FHG's

On that topic, perhaps changing our search term to DENO HORSE should be considered? Only 2 letters more and would maybe work to our advantage with the new search by catching equine people?

Hope everyone is well and happy.

Photobucket
Message 49 of 6,249
See Most Recent

I think that's a great idea Elph.:-D
Message 50 of 6,249
See Most Recent

😮 I missed Mary's suggestions up there ^^^^ somehow, sorry Mary!

I like that idea. I think probably a lot more of that sort of thing could be tried now. Although there is the risk that Deno would try to have an even more dramatic life to make good copy :_|

Photobucket
Message 51 of 6,249
See Most Recent

alchemist-01
Elph... You could wrap him in bubblewrap first... ;) Photobucket
Alchy's sig
Message 52 of 6,249
See Most Recent

Waves to Mary, nice to see you in here ... I must catch up in the gardening thread 🙂

Waves to everyone else too :-D

Photobucket
Message 53 of 6,249
See Most Recent

Helooooooooooo

:-x see we have a new thread Well done gothic and creeky for all the c&ping

hello everyone else *waves*

Photobucket

?I guess I should warn you. If you know what I said, you've probably misunderstood.?
Message 54 of 6,249
See Most Recent

* waves at biker*

* waves at all fellow deno defenders*

* heads off for soak in nice hot bath*

night all
xxxxx

Photobucket

Photobucket
deno 4 posh
Message 55 of 6,249
See Most Recent

I like the bubblewrap idea as well :^O

Beautiful photos and I am really enjoying the diary and think it would be great in an animal mag particularly the way it is written and the things the horses get up to and the visitors they have.

*waves to Borzoi* :-x

Can't wait for the next instalment now :)
Photobucket

Photobucket
Message 56 of 6,249
See Most Recent

Agrees with Mary!

How are you Mary?

And how is the Mothership?

And are the fairies coming out to play?

lil_fluffy_duck
Message 57 of 6,249
See Most Recent

I think the fairies have died :^O

The Mothership is fairly quiet at the moment as my brother has come over from the States to visit her and so she is in her element. He is coming here to visit on Tuesday and stay overnight and then he is back to the States on Wednesday so no doubt things will return to normal 😐

I am ok thanks - have to have a shoulder operation later this year which is going to stop me on the computer for awhile as there is a three month recovery period which sounds a bit grim but otherwise I am plodding on - what about you? :-x
Photobucket

Photobucket
Message 58 of 6,249
See Most Recent

You won't even be able to type? Poor you! Can't imagine not being on here these days. Admittedly I have a 'real life' (am I allowed to say that?) but I love chatting to you lot on here.

Can you manage to type one-handed? Or train Toby to type for you?

Seriously, wishing you all the best with your operation and I wish you a speedy recovery. You're one of the nicest posters around.

:-x

lil_fluffy_duck
Message 59 of 6,249
See Most Recent

Bless you :-x

I am sure I can manage with one hand and if not I will get Toby to type but then he will probably only correspond with girl dogs :^O

I am just trying to think if I have a 'real life' - erm - nope don't think I do :^O

:-x
Photobucket

Photobucket
Message 60 of 6,249
See Most Recent