DVD region 1/region 2 - how do I know??

I bought a stack of DVD's for 9d but whilst in a charity shop I saw a notice saying that some of them were for Region 1 which would only be suitable for the USA.  A lot of them areTerminator - type carp films.  I've looked all over the front and back of the box on a DVD which I watched on my DVD player, and I cannot for the life of me see anything saying anything about Region 1 or Region 2.

How do I check? 

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks a million.  So easy when you know what you're looking for!Smiley Very Happy  As you say, they're not all the same.  A few write the word Region while others show a symbol of the world with the number 2 on it.  I thing I was worrying unduly.  I think the charity shop just had the notice up to clear itself.  Almost any DVD you pick up from a charity shop is Region 2 compatable.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

I have just looked at one of my DVDs.

Not all will be the same, but on the back of the box at the bottom there is a bar code on the right with the PG sign beside it.

On the left there is a box with several items, (Picture, Sound, Subtitles, Duration, Region)

It is quite small and not easy to read without good light and good eyesight.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Thanks a million.  So easy when you know what you're looking for!Smiley Very Happy  As you say, they're not all the same.  A few write the word Region while others show a symbol of the world with the number 2 on it.  I thing I was worrying unduly.  I think the charity shop just had the notice up to clear itself.  Almost any DVD you pick up from a charity shop is Region 2 compatable.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent