Bra sizes

Strange subject I know! Yesterday I went into town to be measured, please don't laugh as I was either getting lost or falling out of my bras, & I was amazed how different my size was to what I've been wearing. Another thing I didn't know was that a normal every day bra & a more risqué one are different in size to what you would think, conclusion, yes it was an expensive trip out but well worth it.
I recommend going for a measure you'll be surprised ,lol. Feeling quite perky now.lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 1 of 43
See Most Recent
42 REPLIES 42

Bra sizes

Sometimes, too, the same bra style in different colours comes up different - especially black, for some reason: it's to do with the dyeing process apparently.

I'm more a fan of the fit than the tape measure - though it's very disconcerting when you go into a shop and someone looks you over and knows your size instantly!  I was so pleased when Bravissimo expanded from Ealing - their fitters are amazing.  It makes sucha  big difference wearing the right size - I see women in town with their boobs round their waists and want to yell at them to go smaller in the band and bigger in the cup :-D!  You can lose weight instantly just by wearing the right size  - and perkiness is not to be sneezed at: enjoy the uplift, saasher!

Message 2 of 43
See Most Recent

Bra sizes

We have a shop in town that does measureing and I had mine done a couple of years ago, I went up a couple of cup sizes, I bought 2 very nice bras in that size and they fit a treat, then I just bought others in the same size from other shops, but they all vary some too small, some too big, some fit. it is really a bit hit and miss,  at the end of the summer I shall go back and get another couple of proper ones, they are about £45 each, not cheap but feel great.

Message 3 of 43
See Most Recent

Bra sizes

I got measured a few years ago and went from having a single 'bolster' and was transformed to having two separate pillows.  I think the bra was a few sizes bigger than I'd been wearing but my boobs looked smaller!  I've just stuck to the same style every time since.  Woman Happy

Message 4 of 43
See Most Recent

Bra sizes

Ohhhh Saasher you little devil!!!!!!. I used to wear one size and got measured and it was completely different. There are so many different styles and yes if you wear different styles they can be different sizes. I like The Balconette ones as they lift it all up in the air really. But sometimes i will get Minimiser ones that make you look a bit flatter!!. Im sure mine are just growing as they are actually uncomfortable to lay on when im in bed now. You also need the wider strapped ones if your bigger but some of the styles are not exactly flattering. Funny things Bras really when you think of it??,. Like wearing a slingshot ha ha ha. I put my gun in the side LOL.

heart

Message 5 of 43
See Most Recent

Bra sizes

Oh you do make me laugh Rose! I keep my lunch in mine. Yes your right they are funny things & very uncomfortable although not as ample as yourself just as embarrassing if they try& escape at the wrong time, but I've got them under control now. lol.actually I felt quite proud of myself asking for my new size in the lingerie dept until someone asked for a bigger size & then I felt deflated again, pardon the pun! lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 6 of 43
See Most Recent

Bra sizes

Ive always been on the heavy fronted size and had to put up with B early!!( linked) but a couple of years ago emm and ess rethought out there sizes and stock. I can get pretty ones for under £20 in all shapes sizes and colours too, their price range has come right down as well. All of mine bar one has narrow straps too, the other is wider but has pretty lacy elastic to hide the fact. Well done emm and ess I say 😉

Message 7 of 43
See Most Recent

Bra sizes

bikini.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 8 of 43
See Most Recent

Bra sizes

lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 9 of 43
See Most Recent

Bra sizes

From a bloke's point of view (no, don't laugh - we men are aware of what women wear under their tops), is unless your are into risque fashions, go for comfort.  A mature lady should go for a good, all round, full covering  bra with a wide strap (three clips) at the rear, perfectly suited for a high fitting top.  You cannot help but notice the youngsters of today go for a bra with a single clip less than3/4" wide which tends to cut into the wearer's back, and they have the setting too tight - far too flimsy.  It doesn't matter what it looks kike - at the end of the day, the only person who's ever likely to see it, last thing at night,  is your husband.  

There, that's from an old man's point of view! Smiley LOL

Message 10 of 43
See Most Recent

Bra sizes

Not for me, Fred - the only person who ever sees mine is mine 😄

I used to be a big balconette fan, until I had an accident that damanged my sternum, and now I'm strictly plunge only.  At the moment, it's only the Panache Tango 2 and porcelain that fit OK - so I snap them up on ebay whenever I can.  I don't know if I'm really hard on bras, but mine don't even last the 6 months they are supposed to - it's not the wires (I handwash) but the elastic that goes 😞

Message 11 of 43
See Most Recent

Bra sizes

Sorry Frederick but the only person who sees mine is me. lol. Comfort is fine when your working but when your wearing a summer dress or evening wear you go for it , err well I do anyway lol. Perhaps it's because of my job but I have a passion for pretty Frillies makes ya feel good & that's for my benefit not to please someone else.
I have to say though it's nice to have a mans point of view & one that thinks of his ladies comfort, good on ya !!.

**********Sam**********
Message 12 of 43
See Most Recent

Bra sizes

If you don't mind me asking how did you damage your Sternum?

**********Sam**********
Message 13 of 43
See Most Recent

Bra sizes

ooo hefzi...I bet that made your eyes water, your sternum is a real tough bone to damage.....

Photobucket

Message 14 of 43
See Most Recent

Bra sizes

My colleagues certainly discovered I knew quite a lot more words than they expected 😄

It was a stupid accident- I was leaning over trying to fix the top of a water pump, and the blerdy thing suddenly leapt up and bit me.  It actually took ages to work out what was wrong after, because it was such an odd injury, and a million to one chance (the size of my chest!) that it would catch my in just the right/wrong place.  I don't recommend it for the future - but it could have been a lot worse: when I was a child, I remember a local farmer dying after getting hit in the sternum 😞  By contrast, not being able to wear balconettes seems a small price right now.

Mind you, in plunges you do have to be careful you don't inadvertantly flash someone: it seems to make a lot of tops indecently boobalicious where before they were perfectly safe for work...

Message 15 of 43
See Most Recent

Bra sizes

Lordy Hefzi, you must have taken some wallop to do that damage, are you ok now?  Must have been a full on medical emergency at work that day!

Rose - why don't you get one of those little soft bras to wear in bed - I had the S**ggi ones in hospital to preserve my modesty, lol, whenever yet another doctor would want to test my chest/lungs.  I still wear one now, in the hope it will prevent them falling down to my navel Woman LOL

Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Strange days indeed, strange days indeed,
Most peculiar Mamma.....................................
Message 16 of 43
See Most Recent

Bra sizes

It caused a bit of excitement, let's say!  I'm absolutely fine now - it's just uncomfy with too high bra wires 🙂

I do just the same as you, rainy - I have the soft pull on ones that I wear in bed: I did buy a couple of no wire ones, but I find them really uncomfy and rather more sweaty (mmm, nice picture there!) - the pull ons keep me modest for the postie, and in my mind, they will stop me having to tuck my boobs into my tights in a few years' time.  I got mine on here, but I've noticed our pound shop does them too, and the XL do fine for me (I'm a 22-24 depending on the shop) from there.    I wouldn't want to run a marathon in them - but then, I wouldn't want to run a marathon full stop!

Message 17 of 43
See Most Recent

Bra sizes

You were very lucky & it's a small price to pay, considering what the outcome could have been, so wear your bra with pride & flash all you want to .lol. I remember awhile ago asking about hold up stockings I broke my pelvis quite badly when young & even now don't like wearing tight things around my waist so I know where your coming from.

**********Sam**********
Message 18 of 43
See Most Recent

Bra sizes

LOL Saasher,, you make me chuckle too.

Rainy im going to do that as they get too painful to lay on,,OMG. Thank you.

I dont get as many nice bras as i should but Saashers right you have to make yourself feel good,,the bras are not just for the men ha ha. i made myself laugh yesterday as i sat on my balcony and realized i was sitting with my hands over one another,, over the top of my B***BS like that Les Dawson woman character he used to do. the one with the two women in curlers gossiping.!!. OMGWoman LOL

Message 19 of 43
See Most Recent

Bra sizes

Hefzi - I was gonna reply to you last night but the boards were closed for maintenance.  We only have a little Pound Shop but on my next adventure (that's what I call going out, in public like) I'll have a look see.  Thanks for that.

Rose - You'll have mail in a mo.

Strange days indeed, strange days indeed,
Most peculiar Mamma.....................................
Message 20 of 43
See Most Recent