Bought OH a Gtech power sweeper for when ..............................

she comes out of hospital because she has been told no lifting of heavy items or hoovering with a heavy hoover.

I know she would NOT listen and just go ahead and hoover with our bagless hoover so bought this Gtech power sweeper for her to use.

Having just used it myself I would recommend it for sure for anyone that finds using a heavy hoover troublesome. It is light with an adjustable height handle, quite powerful having lifted dog hair from the carpet, rechargable so no cable to drag around behind you and although the receptacle is quite small it is easy removable to empty it.

It cost £50 but in my opinion well worth it if it saves OH causing herself more harm than good and if it keeps going for even the warranty year again worth it in my opinion.

Message 1 of 29
See Most Recent
28 REPLIES 28

That's interesting Corgi, what sort of emptying facility does it have?

**********Sam**********
Message 2 of 29
See Most Recent

To empty it Sam, you simply grip the tank on the right, squeeze it down slightly and pull the tank out allowing you to empty it, then just slide it back in until it clicks into place. A bit like emptying a bagless hoover but a much smaller tank.

Message 3 of 29
See Most Recent

I've just googled it, is it the SWO2?. It looks ideal especially for someone who has to keep dragging a heavy cleaner up& down stairs!.
I've always had a dyson which I keep for downstairs use & an old one that I keep for upstairs.

**********Sam**********
Message 4 of 29
See Most Recent

Yes Sam it is the SW02.

Height wise I would say about 9cms and 30cms wide and as I said the handle is adjustable height wise and can go flat on the floor allowing you to sweep under things without laying down and stretching or having to move some heavy items to hoover.

Message 5 of 29
See Most Recent

lambsy_uk
Conversationalist

@dark_castle1 wrote:

It cost £50 but in my opinion well worth it if it saves OH causing herself more harm than good and if it keeps going for even the warranty year again worth it in my opinion.

They were advertising them on TV this morning for £199.00

Message 6 of 29
See Most Recent

That could be the more expensive version lambsy but the SW02 does what I need it for.

Message 7 of 29
See Most Recent

Just get an Au pair!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 29
See Most Recent

Would that be an Au Pair with a big pair ?

Not sure OH would be too keen on that lambsy   Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 29
See Most Recent

lol. You two had better hope you're spouses aren't looking in or you'll both be getting a sweeping. lol. & I don't think a bunch of flowers will do the trick either!
On the other hand a lot of males are taking up these Au pair jobs, so be careful what you wish for. lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 10 of 29
See Most Recent

I am safe Sam ! OH knows it is only memories for me   Smiley LOL

Message 11 of 29
See Most Recent

lol.Memories have a lot to answer for. lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 12 of 29
See Most Recent

Well that is lunch over Sam so back to housework for me.

Living room dusted and hoovered, hall dusted and hoovered, bathroom done, now change the bed (in case OH gets out tonight), hoover and dust bedroom, washing in the machine and hung out when it is finished then do kitchen and make a meal for two in the hope OH does get out tonight.

Message 13 of 29
See Most Recent

Well done you. I did however notice that you said you bought it for OH when she came out of hospital so she didn't have to use the heavy one small point couldn't you have carried on using it and saved yourself £50. 😉
Message 14 of 29
See Most Recent

ed, it would not matter if I told her to wait until I came in from work to hoover she would just have went ahead and did it ! I leave the house at 0600 for work and sometimes not home until 2100 so there was no way I would have won that argument.

Message 15 of 29
See Most Recent

Mmmm I hear what you are saying I moan my OH doesn't do it but if he does bless him I moan he hasn't done it right.
Message 16 of 29
See Most Recent

@dark_castle1 wrote:

Would that be an Au Pair with a big pair ?

Not sure OH would be too keen on that lambsy   Smiley Wink

Never happy are they! Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 29
See Most Recent

@saasher2012 wrote:
lol. You two had better hope you're spouses aren't looking in or you'll both be getting a sweeping. lol. & I don't think a bunch of flowers will do the trick either!
On the other hand a lot of males are taking up these Au pair jobs, so be careful what you wish for. lol.

I'm OK, I know how to get around the other half; I bribe her with sex! Smiley Wink

Message 18 of 29
See Most Recent

Bless YA! Would she consider hiring you out to me ?
I'm back to work now after having a lie in .

**********Sam**********
Message 19 of 29
See Most Recent

There's no answer to that! lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 20 of 29
See Most Recent