taking buyer to small claims court

I’ve sold a factory sealed item on ebay and didn't accept returns, they immediately claimed the item was fake and requested a refund after opening it and using it. ebay is saying they cant confirm wether the item is fake or not which i understand but since it has been opened and used the item is worth significantly less and on top of that if i lose the dispute i will have to pay the sold item fee which is about £60. I issued the buyer with a receipt of the original purchase and when i receive the product back from them i am going to see if i can get it authenticated which seems ridiculous to me as i bought it directly from the suplier.

I just need to know if i would be able to take them to small claims court as i sold the item with no refunds accepted, as i know the item to be authentic i wish for them to take the item back and pay the amount agreed upon on ebay.

Any help here would be greatly apreciated.    

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

"I just need to know if i would be able to take them to small claims court as i sold the item with no refunds accepted, as i know the item to be authentic i wish for them to take the item back and pay the amount agreed upon on ebay."

Best take professional legal advice or speak to CAB.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Ask the supplier to authenticate it in writing, that's the only way EB will take note, same with reporting Fake items, lots aren't taken down because EB will only accept proof from the Manufacturer, it happens a lot with Fake Epiphone Guitars on EB, they are reported but you could just be a nutter....So they need proof from the horses mouth.

With Epiphones, Gibson are pretty good at supplying docs to say it's fake so easyish to sort out but depends on the item and maker I suppose.

Also depends if you are a private seller or business as there are NO real consumer protections for private sales in the UK and with EB involved it could make it more complicated as some of the 'rules' here aren't enforcible in Law and Ebay get paid either way, that's why they don't care.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent