Sold something that was in perfect condition but buyer miraculously as found damage to it ?

IMG_1873.jpeg

I have been selling on eBay for just over twenty years but I've  just discovered a massive flaw in this selling platform? I sold a guitar in perfect order with my listing stating this so the pictures show no damage to the guitar yet when the buyer received the guitar he sends me a picture of the headstock of the guitar with damage to it saying that I didn't mention this in the listing so I want to send it back! The guitar was packaged extremely well with a picture of it arrived at the buyers house with no damage to the packaging whatsoever so it's a complete mystery to me how the top of the guitar would now have damage? It's impossible!! Yet I've now got to accept it back and give a full refund and lose money on a guitar because it's damaged it's absolutely disgusting!! I've had so many great feedbacks saying how pleased they are with the other many guitars I've sold and how well they have been packaged yet eBay are not interested in the seller I've been made to look like I've been dishonest and this hurts me very much I have now lost all trust in this company and would be paranoid in selling anything else because no matter how honest you are as a seller and how well you package something all the buyer has to do is put a mark on it and say I want to return it !! 

IMG_1854.jpeg

IMG_1873.jpeg

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Sold something that was in perfect condition but buyer miraculously as found damage to it ?

"Yet I've now got to accept it back and give a full refund and lose money on a guitar because it's damaged it's absolutely disgusting!!".

Ebay's MBG makes it so .Buyers can claim whatever they wish and seller has to pay the returns cost and refund buyers total original payment even if buyer sends back a box of soggy logs.

Stating "no returns" means zilch for private sellers.

Welcome to Ebay 2024.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Unfortunately it looks like scam to me. :((

Guitar was possibly deliberately damaged.

Very sorry it happened to you. 

Did you try to talk to Ebay support and show them your photos?

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent