A seller advertising goods which are 100% not authentic - but ebay have ignored my Reports

Hi. There is a seller advertising certain items of memorabilia and claiming they were used by a specific 'organisation' - they absolutely were not. I asked the seller about this but received no reply. The items advertised are very expensive and I do not feel right just letting this sort of scam happen. I have used the Report function probably a dozen times with NOT ONE single response from ebay.

I do feel slightly embarrassed at being such a 'nosy neighbour' but this type of fakery really does bug me!

Any help, please, community? 

Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

A seller advertising goods which are 100% not authentic - but ebay have ignored my Reports

Trouble here is,  eBay cannot physically see these items so they cannot act on one person's good intentions they may be,  and advice given  that items are fake,  as this may well be a competitor who wishes to see their rival booted off eBay.

So eBay cannot act on information that items listed by any seller are fake.

eBay can and do act though,   if item not as described cases are opened.  If the seller does not reply to these cases,   this causes damaging defects on the sellers account and it doesn't take many to boot a seller of eBay peremanently.  Continual SNAD cases will also flag up a seller and again restrictions and bans are put in place.

That's the only way sellers selling fake items can be dealt with,  that is,  the proof  ' is in the pudding' when their buyers complain they have actually received a fake item.

Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent