💬 Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 29.06.22 @2pm

Hi everybody!

The Community Chat will open at 2pm and will remain open until 3pm on Wednesday. After that it will be closed for further questions. Of course, we will continue to take care of answering any questions that may still be unanswered—We’ll get to everything as quickly as possible. 

Please ask your questions in the thread below. In order to be able to answer your questions as quickly as possible, we ask you to have one question per post. Of course, you can make as many posts as you like in the Chat- the more the merrier!

Our eBay Community Team is made up of kat@ebay , dave@ebay  and katie@ebay . Between us, we have knowledge in Buying, Selling, ProTrader, Fulfilment, Parts & Accessories, Payments, and the Community itself. Anything we aren’t sure on we’ll know the people who will be! Please ask us any questions you may have and we’ll do all we can to support. 

To ask your question, click Reply in the lower-right corner of this post, type your question, and click Reply between 2pm and 3pm. The community team will answer each incoming question in chronological order, and will quote the original question in each answer. 

If you missed the weekly chat time, please ask your question in the community boards and tag us or we will be back next week with another chat! 

Many thanks,

Your eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 30
See Most Recent
29 REPLIES 29

Is there anywhere within eBay where I can report sellers that are obviously businesses selling on private accounts. I’m surprised that eBay allow these sellers to operate illegally in the UK circumnavigating consumer rights.

Message 2 of 30
See Most Recent

Hi, my question is regarding the upgraded security on accounts which has necessitated moving to the multi-user account rather than allowing eBay teams to use the one log-in/main account page.

The multi-user accounts limit accessibility and are extremely problematic, slowing down the whole eBay process, example;

• Members of my team using multi-user can no longer access our eBay shop on their mobile
  • They can no longer access the seller hub
  • They only see messages pertaining to items they have listed on MUA, not the whole account

I understand the need for heightened security and I can see the benefit of everyone having an individual log-in, what I don’t understand is why this is being rolled out when quite clearly the MUA option is not fit for purpose, are there any plans to overhaul the MUA’s…if not is there a way round using them?

I looked at them a few years ago and thought, nope never going there and now I find that I’m having to enforce their use with my team even though I can see they haven’t been improved on!

Message 3 of 30
See Most Recent

Why are some sellers able to get away with duplicate listings I have reported a seller of music for having 20-30 duplicates of the same item for sale (same picture, price, title) the only difference is their own SKU ref in the titles (over 250k listings). I have reported several a month and no action taken.

Message 4 of 30
See Most Recent

@atticofsecrets wrote:

Is there anywhere within eBay where I can report sellers that are obviously businesses selling on private accounts. I’m surprised that eBay allow these sellers to operate illegally in the UK circumnavigating consumer rights.

Hi @atticofsecrets ,

You can report listings if you see that someone is selling as a private seller and should be a business and is missing business information in the listings. eBay do review accounts in the background for selling practices and take necessary action when possible.

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support
Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.

eBay
Message 5 of 30
See Most Recent

@atticofsecrets wrote:

Why are some sellers able to get away with duplicate listings I have reported a seller of music for having 20-30 duplicates of the same item for sale (same picture, price, title) the only difference is their own SKU ref in the titles (over 250k listings). I have reported several a month and no action taken.

Hi @atticofsecrets ,

There are thousands of listings going live on eBay on any given hour and so alot of reviews happen with reported listings. Action may not be taken straightaway when a listing is reported due to a huge number of listings needing to be reviewed.  If you have reported them through the site they will be checked and the appropriate action taken.

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support
Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.

eBay
Message 6 of 30
See Most Recent

@relovesmh wrote:

Hi, my question is regarding the upgraded security on accounts which has necessitated moving to the multi-user account rather than allowing eBay teams to use the one log-in/main account page.

The multi-user accounts limit accessibility and are extremely problematic, slowing down the whole eBay process, example;

• Members of my team using multi-user can no longer access our eBay shop on their mobile
  • They can no longer access the seller hub
  • They only see messages pertaining to items they have listed on MUA, not the whole account

I understand the need for heightened security and I can see the benefit of everyone having an individual log-in, what I don’t understand is why this is being rolled out when quite clearly the MUA option is not fit for purpose, are there any plans to overhaul the MUA’s…if not is there a way round using them?

I looked at them a few years ago and thought, nope never going there and now I find that I’m having to enforce their use with my team even though I can see they haven’t been improved on!

Hi @relovesmh 

Thanks for reaching out. 

Multi Factor Authorisation is now mandatory across the site. I understand how this can have an affect on different accounts depending on how they are set up. 

I will send your feedback to the team that designed it to see if we can work in some improvements in later updates the better suit accounts using MUA's.

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 7 of 30
See Most Recent

Hello

Can we have an update on delivery options please.  For a week there has been no option to choose Royal Mail Large Letter or Letter delivery - I know this is a problem for other sellers too.  Also when I update a listing the Delivery panel states 'No Service Selected' and then (again) there's no Royal Mail Letter options.  I only sell items via Letter post and, as there is no work-around, I've stopped listing.  It's very frustrating.

Message 8 of 30
See Most Recent

@redphalarope wrote:

Hello

Can we have an update on delivery options please.  For a week there has been no option to choose Royal Mail Large Letter or Letter delivery - I know this is a problem for other sellers too.  Also when I update a listing the Delivery panel states 'No Service Selected' and then (again) there's no Royal Mail Letter options.  I only sell items via Letter post and, as there is no work-around, I've stopped listing.  It's very frustrating.

Hi @redphalarope 

Thanks for reaching out. 

We spoke to the Tech Team about this issue today. This happens when the size in the item specifics is larger then the recommended size for the letters. 

For example if you are selling a coat and the length is 60 inches. The system sees this as too big for a letter and don't show it as an option. 

If you change the size it should show as available. 

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 9 of 30
See Most Recent

Hello,

Could you please sort out the variation in the Video Games category ?

1. Would it be possible to allow it for everyone, so we can provide a better service as a seller and get a lot more sales (Especially multi purchase, repeat customer and be able to build a "listing/trust") ?

2. Or could you please remove the option ? Many sellers are abusing the system  and get plenty of sales/multi sales for years now.

Thank you

Message 10 of 30
See Most Recent

Hello Dave

At no point have I entered a size for any of my items, so how does that affect my listings?

Thanks

Message 11 of 30
See Most Recent

@relovesmh could not agree more with your points.  My team and I want to give good customer service by answering eBay messages from customers ASAP but this is not possible unless that team member who listed the item happens to be on shift at the time the customer sends a message. Such a poor decision to go live with this MUA when it is not currently fit for business purposes

Message 12 of 30
See Most Recent

Hello. Is payment on demand live?

I am requesting payment & just getting a blank box.

Message 13 of 30
See Most Recent

It doesnt.... not sure why an expert would tell you what they did.....

The problem is actually a known eBay glitch and tech are working on fixing it.

In the meantime you can still use  royal mail post and get the same discount using click and drop direct  on their website.

Message 14 of 30
See Most Recent

@eshopforce01 wrote:

Hello,

Could you please sort out the variation in the Video Games category ?

1. Would it be possible to allow it for everyone, so we can provide a better service as a seller and get a lot more sales (Especially multi purchase, repeat customer and be able to build a "listing/trust") ?

2. Or could you please remove the option ? Many sellers are abusing the system  and get plenty of sales/multi sales for years now.

Thank you

Hi @eshopforce01 ,

I'm going to have a further look into this regarding the video games variations and follow up with you.

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 15 of 30
See Most Recent

Apologies - incorrect place for reply.

At no point have I entered a size for any of my items, so how does that affect my listing problem? I've just looked at my Draft Listings and there's no box to insert the size anyway (unless I'm missing something?).

I'm mainly selling magazines, if that helps.

Thanks

Message 16 of 30
See Most Recent

What is the % charged when an item is sold on ebay?

Message 17 of 30
See Most Recent

@redphalarope wrote:

Apologies - incorrect place for reply.

At no point have I entered a size for any of my items, so how does that affect my listing problem? I've just looked at my Draft Listings and there's no box to insert the size anyway (unless I'm missing something?).

I'm mainly selling magazines, if that helps.

Thanks

Hi @redphalarope 

That's no problem. 

Could you send me a screen shot of the draft please. I'll send it to the Tech Team and get them to look into it directly.

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 18 of 30
See Most Recent

"We spoke to the Tech Team about this issue today. This happens when the size in the item specifics is larger then the recommended size for the letters.

For example if you are selling a coat and the length is 60 inches. The system sees this as too big for a letter and don't show it as an option."

So if I am listing a necklace 18" long I'm never going to be offered the Letter option, even though it fits in an envelope just fine? Really?

Message 19 of 30
See Most Recent

@carbtec wrote:

Hello. Is payment on demand live?

I am requesting payment & just getting a blank box.

Hi @carbtec ,

It is live but it might not be available to all sellers as its currently being introduced on site. It should show in your payout settings if its on demand. Might be worth just doing a quick clear of cache and cookies, browsing history for the blank box part.

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 20 of 30
See Most Recent
About this Weekly Chat!

Welcome to the Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team! Unless otherwise noted, chats occur every Wednesday from 2pm to 3pm.

Our Community Team will be in the Chats to help with the questions.

If you have multiple questions please open a post per question so we can get back to them individually. If it's something we can't answer right away we will get back to you after the chat has finished.