💬 Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 29.06.22 @2pm

Hi everybody!

The Community Chat will open at 2pm and will remain open until 3pm on Wednesday. After that it will be closed for further questions. Of course, we will continue to take care of answering any questions that may still be unanswered—We’ll get to everything as quickly as possible. 

Please ask your questions in the thread below. In order to be able to answer your questions as quickly as possible, we ask you to have one question per post. Of course, you can make as many posts as you like in the Chat- the more the merrier!

Our eBay Community Team is made up of kat@ebay , dave@ebay  and katie@ebay . Between us, we have knowledge in Buying, Selling, ProTrader, Fulfilment, Parts & Accessories, Payments, and the Community itself. Anything we aren’t sure on we’ll know the people who will be! Please ask us any questions you may have and we’ll do all we can to support. 

To ask your question, click Reply in the lower-right corner of this post, type your question, and click Reply between 2pm and 3pm. The community team will answer each incoming question in chronological order, and will quote the original question in each answer. 

If you missed the weekly chat time, please ask your question in the community boards and tag us or we will be back next week with another chat! 

Many thanks,

Your eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 30
See Most Recent
29 REPLIES 29

Hi I have a issue with Personalisation, I sell items that buyers can add their age, so I write Age (maximum of 3 Characters) in the Instructions so I expect the order to come through with Personalisation "40" for example, the last two days I have several Personalisations saying (Examples) "Best Darts Player in Cheshire" and "Happy 40th You Old Man"

would't it be better for ebay to put a limit on the amount of Characters that buyers can use, by me adding the quantity to a box or something, so after they have typed in the first two numbers it would not type anymore. I have had to cancel these orders, since buyers do not respond to emails, so blackmarks against me. Would this be a good idea to implement this

Message 21 of 30
See Most Recent

@yaryane wrote:

What is the % charged when an item is sold on ebay?

Hi @yaryane 

Thanks for reaching out. 

There are different final value fees depending on the category you listing in. Fees for private sellers can be found here and fees for business sellers can be found here.

Let me know if you have any further question.

Thanks,

Dave

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 22 of 30
See Most Recent

Few bugs :

- When you write "boxed" in your title and select the Video Games category, eBay automatically tick the sport genre as "boxing" can you please fix it.

Thanks

Message 23 of 30
See Most Recent

@sparrowfallthree wrote:

Hi I have a issue with Personalisation, I sell items that buyers can add their age, so I write Age (maximum of 3 Characters) in the Instructions so I expect the order to come through with Personalisation "40" for example, the last two days I have several Personalisations saying (Examples) "Best Darts Player in Cheshire" and "Happy 40th You Old Man"

would't it be better for ebay to put a limit on the amount of Characters that buyers can use, by me adding the quantity to a box or something, so after they have typed in the first two numbers it would not type anymore. I have had to cancel these orders, since buyers do not respond to emails, so blackmarks against me. Would this be a good idea to implement this

Hi @sparrowfallthree ,

Thanks for this feedback on the personalisation. At the moment the box allows 250 characters but you do make a good point about limiting the amount a buyer can use. I will pass this onto the relevant team for review.

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support
Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.

eBay
Message 24 of 30
See Most Recent

@eshopforce01 wrote:

Few bugs :

- When you write "boxed" in your title and select the Video Games category, eBay automatically tick the sport genre as "boxing" can you please fix it.

Thanks

Hi @eshopforce01 ,

Thanks for flagging this. I'll report it to the relevant team for review

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support

eBay
Message 25 of 30
See Most Recent

@johannadee wrote:

"We spoke to the Tech Team about this issue today. This happens when the size in the item specifics is larger then the recommended size for the letters.

For example if you are selling a coat and the length is 60 inches. The system sees this as too big for a letter and don't show it as an option."

So if I am listing a necklace 18" long I'm never going to be offered the Letter option, even though it fits in an envelope just fine? Really?

Hi @johannadee 

At the moment the system dosen't have a way to differentiate between the overall length of an item and the size it is when its packaged. 

I understand this isn't ideal for some items. I will definitely have your example raised with the Product Team as a point for improvement. 

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 26 of 30
See Most Recent

dave@ebay

Attached is Delivery Option screenshot from Draft Listings as requested.

Message 27 of 30
See Most Recent

When I relist an unsold auction item using the relist button eBay uses the original listing date, that could be months earlier.That means in newly listed searches instead of the item being at the top of the page it could be pages down the list.

That might be ok for buy it now items but for a 7 day auction it is ludicrous.

Message 28 of 30
See Most Recent

@douglaspuglas wrote:

When I relist an unsold auction item using the relist button eBay uses the original listing date, that could be months earlier.That means in newly listed searches instead of the item being at the top of the page it could be pages down the list.

That might be ok for buy it now items but for a 7 day auction it is ludicrous.

Hi @douglaspuglas ,

I understand your point about this change for the relisted dates impacting auction listings. We have pushed this forward on our side to the product team as feedback.  While I can't guarantee any change on this we have put it forward to be reviewed. 

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 29 of 30
See Most Recent

Hi @eshopforce01 ,

Just following up on your questions regarding the Video Games category.

The variation option should be available to all sellers in this category. You may need to switch to the new listing tool if you haven't already. Please see info here

If you do come across sellers who are not using the variation options in the proper way you can report the listings for listing practice violations. See the links to report sellers/report items here

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 30 of 30
See Most Recent
About this Weekly Chat!

Welcome to the Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team! Unless otherwise noted, chats occur every Wednesday from 2pm to 3pm.

Our Community Team will be in the Chats to help with the questions.

If you have multiple questions please open a post per question so we can get back to them individually. If it's something we can't answer right away we will get back to you after the chat has finished.