💬 Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 28.06.23 @2pm

Hi everybody!

The Community Chat will open at 2pm and will remain open until 3pm on Wednesday. After that it will be closed for further questions. Of course, we will continue to take care of answering any questions that may still be unanswered—We’ll get to everything as quickly as possible. 

Please ask your questions in the thread below. In order to be able to answer your questions as quickly as possible, we ask you to have one question per post. Of course, you can make as many posts as you like in the Chat- the more the merrier!

Our eBay Community Team is made up of kat@ebay , dave@ebay  and katie@ebay . Between us, we have knowledge in Buying, Selling, ProTrader, Fulfilment, Parts & Accessories, Payments, and the Community itself. Anything we aren’t sure on we’ll know the people who will be! Please ask us any questions you may have and we’ll do all we can to support. 

To ask your question, click Reply in the lower-right corner of this post, type your question, and click Reply between 2pm and 3pm. The community team will answer each incoming question in chronological order, and will quote the original question in each answer. 

Please note that any reply without a question to the community team or discussion replies may be removed from the chat. We want to keep on track to get through as many questions as possible. We welcome all discussion to be moved to the discussion boards. 

If you missed the weekly chat time, please ask your question in the community boards and tag us or we will be back next week with another chat! 

Many thanks,

Your eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 25
See Most Recent
24 REPLIES 24

Hi, tracking numbers not showing – since Monday this week, I manually added the tracking numbers, and they did appear as usual however once you refresh/close the page they disappear again.

Message 2 of 25
See Most Recent

Can anyone explain why I get 'item has been listed' emails when I've opted out of listing confirmation emails? They started last time the listing page was updated.

Every single item I list now gets an email and I don't want them.

listingconfim.jpg

Message 3 of 25
See Most Recent

We sold an item at between 9pm-10pm on Thursday, buyer picked free delivery option which was shown as RM48 (2nd class post)
We posted on Friday, as agreed and offered to buyer.
Buyer was shown estimated delivery on or before Monday!!

When will this mess end, that service is not priority at all, yet eBay is ESTIMATING delivery will be the same as the most premium delivery services.

This is eBay blatantly lying to buyers and then making it the sellers fault, over and over and over again...
No one in their right mind will pay for the upsell on shipping if the free economy is shown to them as the fastest.

Can someone actually fix this as I am sick of the same, constantly being treated badly by buyers when we have done nothing wrong.
This does not help our team morale.
This does not help us be busy on other areas of our business including answering important questions about items, let alone finding the time for listing new items.
This is way beyond ridiculous now, that we sellers must endure the same complaints over and over again from buyers in a never ending torment to all of our team.

Please just STOP!!!!
Stop saying it works properly, it does NOT!!!

Don't just say thank you for your comments, I will forward it to the team.
I have asked and asked and asked for this to be looked at as the dynamic estimates just don't work at all and never have. Stop flogging a dead horse, just add the actual delivery times from Royal Mail to seller handling times and show buyers the truth. If they want it quickly, they will order the faster shipping you made us all add to all of our listings for TRS, yet no one uses as they are told 2nd class post is next day anyway.
ACTUALLY do something about it as I for one have had enough of eBay knowingly and intentionally creating hassle for sellers and refusing to do anything about it.

Regards
Russ

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
- Albert Einstein
Message 4 of 25
See Most Recent

Hi it's Barbara from Veenie & Nell with another question about TRS/Premium rating - I keep reading conflicting advice on postage. One article said you must use express postage (which is expensive for the buyer ie over £4 for Evri 1 day)  another said you can use Royal Mail ebay parcel which would be preferable. Can I also use  Royal Mail 48hour (collection)

Many thanks for your help 

Message 5 of 25
See Most Recent

@loftu_23 wrote:

Hi, tracking numbers not showing – since Monday this week, I manually added the tracking numbers, and they did appear as usual however once you refresh/close the page they disappear again.

Hi @loftu_23 ,

Can you provide an example item number and date of transaction for one of the orders where you uploading the tracking and it has disappeared and I will log this with tech.

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support
Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.

eBay
Message 6 of 25
See Most Recent

@darth_baggins wrote:

Can anyone explain why I get 'item has been listed' emails when I've opted out of listing confirmation emails? They started last time the listing page was updated.

Every single item I list now gets an email and I don't want them.

listingconfim.jpg

Hi @darth_baggins,

I understand that would be frustrating. Could I ask you to re-save the options you have selected there? Just to put it through the system again. It can take up to 24 hours for these settings to take effect.

I see from your message that this isn't a recent change on your side. What date did you start to see the emails come to you?

Thanks,

Katie 

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 7 of 25
See Most Recent

Thank you Katie, 

Tracking numbers not showing – since Monday this week, I manually added the tracking numbers, and they did appear as usual however once you refresh/close the page they disappear again.

Item 374711884795, 374614286615, 374154930422, 374696887299, 374728948095, 374760726422, 374324532364 Date sold on 23, 24, 25, 26 and 27 June.

Message 8 of 25
See Most Recent

Hi @ducatimondo ,

We can only take your points as feedback as we have advised on many occasions the overall process for calculating EDD's is not changing. I get that you are frustrated and I will share your examples but we have no control here over process changes. We will raise the example with our shipping department.

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support

eBay
Message 9 of 25
See Most Recent

@veenieandnell wrote:

Hi it's Barbara from Veenie & Nell with another question about TRS/Premium rating - I keep reading conflicting advice on postage. One article said you must use express postage (which is expensive for the buyer ie over £4 for Evri 1 day)  another said you can use Royal Mail ebay parcel which would be preferable. Can I also use  Royal Mail 48hour (collection)

Many thanks for your help 

Hi Barbara,

Thanks for your question.

For eBay Top Rated seller you need to  follow performance based things such as:

• Cases closed without seller resolution: No more than 2 (or 0.3% of transactions)
  • Transaction defect rate: No more than 0.5%, associated with no more than 3 different buyers
  • Late delivery rate: No more than 5 (or 3% of transactions)

You also need to have the following:

• Your eBay account has been active for at least 90 days
  • You have at least 100 transactions and £1,000 (€1,500) in sales during the last 12 months with UK and Irish buyers
  • You're complying with eBay's Selling practices policy
  • You are registered as a business seller on eBay.co.uk or eBay.ie

Now for Premium Service your listings must offer:

• Offer a free domestic delivery option within 3 working days*
  • Offer an express delivery option within 2 working days for no more than £10
  • For items over £20, all of the delivery services must be designated tracked services, and valid tracking must be uploaded within the dispatch time. This includes auction-style listings and Best Offers where the final price is over £20
  • If the item location is in the same country as the eBay site you listed on, you need to offer 30-day domestic returns
  • If the item location isn't in the same country as the eBay site you listed on, you need to offer 30-day international returns
  • Be a Top Rated Seller

There is a great page here that shows the eligibility of different postage options.

Hope this helps to organise what services would be available for you.

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 10 of 25
See Most Recent

@loftu_23 wrote:

Thank you Katie, 

Tracking numbers not showing – since Monday this week, I manually added the tracking numbers, and they did appear as usual however once you refresh/close the page they disappear again.

Item 374711884795, 374614286615, 374154930422, 374696887299, 374728948095, 374760726422, 374324532364 Date sold on 23, 24, 25, 26 and 27 June.

Hi @loftu_23 ,

Thank for your providing the examples.  I will raise this with tech to have it looked into.

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 11 of 25
See Most Recent

I don't recall exactly when it started, but I'm pretty sure it was when I was rolled out to the new listing page, at least 4 months ago.

Message 12 of 25
See Most Recent

@darth_baggins wrote:

I don't recall exactly when it started, but I'm pretty sure it was when I was rolled out to the new listing page, at least 4 months ago.

Okay, thank you. In order to be able to report this it is helpful to have the date it started so we can track it.

If you could resave the options for me and let me know by the end of the week if it continues. I'll reach out to the team then if the issue continues.

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 13 of 25
See Most Recent

Hi Katie

Could I ask a follow up to this TRS question. 

I have a lot of new listings where I offer 2nd class post as the economy option but I don't get the premium service badge on the listings. 

It mentions on the link that sellers will need to amend their listings from Royal Mail 2nd class to Royal Mail 2nd class letter/large letter or Royal Mail 2nd class parcel and they should then qualify. 

My question is, my dispatch time is 1 working day. Is that good enough to qualify using 2nd class (with the amendments above) or does it have to be same day dispatch to qualify?

Thanks

Message 14 of 25
See Most Recent

@technthread wrote:

Hi Katie

Could I ask a follow up to this TRS question. 

I have a lot of new listings where I offer 2nd class post as the economy option but I don't get the premium service badge on the listings. 

It mentions on the link that sellers will need to amend their listings from Royal Mail 2nd class to Royal Mail 2nd class letter/large letter or Royal Mail 2nd class parcel and they should then qualify. 

My question is, my dispatch time is 1 working day. Is that good enough to qualify using 2nd class (with the amendments above) or does it have to be same day dispatch to qualify?

Thanks

Hi @technthread,

This is a great question, we do see this a good bit with sellers.

The full time of delivery needs to be within 3 business days. This includes dispatch.

If you have 1 day dispatch you would need a service that is 1-2 days.

Same day dispatch would allow you to use a service that is 2-3 days.

Royal Mail 2nd class can be 2-3 days so that would need same day dispatch.

Each listing requires an option like this one above that is free and then would also need an express option within 2 working days that is less than £10.

Hope this helps to clarify. Let me know if not.

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 15 of 25
See Most Recent

Hello

I recently placed an order with a seller and opted for the click-and-collect option. Regrettably, I find myself facing a recurring predicament as I was unable to collect the item within the specified timeframe. According to eBay's terms and conditions, in such cases, the item is supposed to be returned to the seller, and I should receive a refund. However, despite the passage of time, I have not yet received my refund. Upon contacting the seller, they informed me that they have not yet received the item and therefore cannot initiate the refund process.

In an attempt to resolve this matter, I reached out to eBay, and they opened a case against the seller. Surprisingly, the seller subsequently communicated with eBay, resulting in the closure of the case, with the assertion that the item had been delivered to the address provided. I further pursued the issue by contacting eBay directly via phone, but the representative I spoke with displayed a rude demeanor. They insisted that the item had been delivered to the correct address, despite my repeated explanation that the address was an eBay Collection Point and that I had not personally collected the item. The eBay representative then suggested that I should collect the item and return it myself. I questioned the necessity of collecting the item, as the 7-day period had already lapsed, and according to eBay's policy, it should have been returned to the seller.

I honestly do not know whom to approach as clearly ebay click and collect process is broken here?

Message 16 of 25
See Most Recent

Please could you shed some light on my issue below posted in another thread. 
Re: DELIVERY DATE EBAY FAULT THEY WILL NOT RESOLVE - UK eBay Community

We are exhausted in complaining to ebay about their system glitch on estimated delivery times.

Below is our following buisness postage & shop settings.

Postage = RM24 (1 - 2 buisness days)
Dispatch Time = Same buisness day before 2pm.

Working days = Monday - Friday.

When the fault occours:
If a customer purchases a product after 2pm (but before misnight) it still shows the customer it will be dispatched the following day, however it also shows it will be delivered the following day + 1 more day for leway. So in reality it is showing customer a same day delivery as dispatch day which is obviously incorrect. (Please see photo as proof).

Issues this causes:
- Constant influx of messages requesting where customers items are and why it is delate (This happens more over a weekend sale)

- It allows customers to open items not recieved cases 1 day early than they should be able to. 

I have reported this numorous times to always be greated with poorly educated customer service staff who basicly havent a clue in the issues im exsplaining to them after finally being transfered to a managed in the dispatch team who said the following:

- Ebay know about this issue and dont see it as an issue and are happy with the settings they are using, advised me if im not happy then to change my dispatch times to + 1 day. 

However if i changed my dispatch times im then faced with the next problem of not appearing at the top of the item search results or gaining power selling status as they want you to dispatch same day with free postage.

I thought id share this with you all in hope somone else has found a fix for this? Because it is now getting so fustrating im considering closing the ebay store and pushing sales through our website instead.

Message 17 of 25
See Most Recent

That makes sense. Unfortunately I can't guarantee same day dispatch or I would make the change straight away to qualify on those. Thanks for the clarification. 

Message 18 of 25
See Most Recent

@e.4.user wrote:

Hello

I recently placed an order with a seller and opted for the click-and-collect option. Regrettably, I find myself facing a recurring predicament as I was unable to collect the item within the specified timeframe. According to eBay's terms and conditions, in such cases, the item is supposed to be returned to the seller, and I should receive a refund. However, despite the passage of time, I have not yet received my refund. Upon contacting the seller, they informed me that they have not yet received the item and therefore cannot initiate the refund process.

In an attempt to resolve this matter, I reached out to eBay, and they opened a case against the seller. Surprisingly, the seller subsequently communicated with eBay, resulting in the closure of the case, with the assertion that the item had been delivered to the address provided. I further pursued the issue by contacting eBay directly via phone, but the representative I spoke with displayed a rude demeanor. They insisted that the item had been delivered to the correct address, despite my repeated explanation that the address was an eBay Collection Point and that I had not personally collected the item. The eBay representative then suggested that I should collect the item and return it myself. I questioned the necessity of collecting the item, as the 7-day period had already lapsed, and according to eBay's policy, it should have been returned to the seller.

I honestly do not know whom to approach as clearly ebay click and collect process is broken here?

Hi @e.4.user ,

We can't always guarantee the item is returned to the seller as it can depend on the store itself and how they handle the return. Let me look into it with the click and collect team offline. Can you provide the item number so I can follow it up.

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 19 of 25
See Most Recent

@technthread wrote:

That makes sense. Unfortunately I can't guarantee same day dispatch or I would make the change straight away to qualify on those. Thanks for the clarification. 

I completely understand. 1 day dispatch plus 1-2 day service would qualify but would cost the business more.

I find it's one of those business decisions weighing up the value of the visibility of having Premium service/fast and free against the cost of having a faster delivery service so you can do 1 day dispatch.

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 20 of 25
See Most Recent
About this Weekly Chat!

Welcome to the Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team! Unless otherwise noted, chats occur every Wednesday from 2pm to 3pm.

Our Community Team will be in the Chats to help with the questions.

If you have multiple questions please open a post per question so we can get back to them individually. If it's something we can't answer right away we will get back to you after the chat has finished.