💬 Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 28.06.23 @2pm

Hi everybody!

The Community Chat will open at 2pm and will remain open until 3pm on Wednesday. After that it will be closed for further questions. Of course, we will continue to take care of answering any questions that may still be unanswered—We’ll get to everything as quickly as possible. 

Please ask your questions in the thread below. In order to be able to answer your questions as quickly as possible, we ask you to have one question per post. Of course, you can make as many posts as you like in the Chat- the more the merrier!

Our eBay Community Team is made up of kat@ebay , dave@ebay  and katie@ebay . Between us, we have knowledge in Buying, Selling, ProTrader, Fulfilment, Parts & Accessories, Payments, and the Community itself. Anything we aren’t sure on we’ll know the people who will be! Please ask us any questions you may have and we’ll do all we can to support. 

To ask your question, click Reply in the lower-right corner of this post, type your question, and click Reply between 2pm and 3pm. The community team will answer each incoming question in chronological order, and will quote the original question in each answer. 

Please note that any reply without a question to the community team or discussion replies may be removed from the chat. We want to keep on track to get through as many questions as possible. We welcome all discussion to be moved to the discussion boards. 

If you missed the weekly chat time, please ask your question in the community boards and tag us or we will be back next week with another chat! 

Many thanks,

Your eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 25
See Most Recent
24 REPLIES 24

Re: 💬 Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 28.06.23 @2pm

Thank you Kat - eBay item number:334910482874. If its not returned to the seller, how buyer's like me gets our refund?

I believe that if something is not always guaranteed, the policy should make this clear so that customers are informed of their options before making a purchase.

Message 21 of 25
See Most Recent

Thanks.

I've just been through my trash in Thunderbird and the first one I can find was on 17/11/22 and it's been on every new listing since then.

Message 22 of 25
See Most Recent

@darth_baggins wrote:

Thanks.

I've just been through my trash in Thunderbird and the first one I can find was on 17/11/22 and it's been on every new listing since then.

Thanks @darth_baggins, give me a shout on Friday if updating the system doesn't work and I'll get that ticket done for you.

Thanks,

Katie 

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 23 of 25
See Most Recent

@parkerracingpbs wrote:

Please could you shed some light on my issue below posted in another thread. 
Re: DELIVERY DATE EBAY FAULT THEY WILL NOT RESOLVE - UK eBay Community

We are exhausted in complaining to ebay about their system glitch on estimated delivery times.

Below is our following buisness postage & shop settings.

Postage = RM24 (1 - 2 buisness days)
Dispatch Time = Same buisness day before 2pm.

Working days = Monday - Friday.

When the fault occours:
If a customer purchases a product after 2pm (but before misnight) it still shows the customer it will be dispatched the following day, however it also shows it will be delivered the following day + 1 more day for leway. So in reality it is showing customer a same day delivery as dispatch day which is obviously incorrect. (Please see photo as proof).

Issues this causes:
- Constant influx of messages requesting where customers items are and why it is delate (This happens more over a weekend sale)

- It allows customers to open items not recieved cases 1 day early than they should be able to. 

I have reported this numorous times to always be greated with poorly educated customer service staff who basicly havent a clue in the issues im exsplaining to them after finally being transfered to a managed in the dispatch team who said the following:

- Ebay know about this issue and dont see it as an issue and are happy with the settings they are using, advised me if im not happy then to change my dispatch times to + 1 day. 

However if i changed my dispatch times im then faced with the next problem of not appearing at the top of the item search results or gaining power selling status as they want you to dispatch same day with free postage.

I thought id share this with you all in hope somone else has found a fix for this? Because it is now getting so fustrating im considering closing the ebay store and pushing sales through our website instead.

Hi @parkerracingpbs  ,

In this example the member purchased the item just before 12pm on Friday. Your cut off time for dispatch is same day at 2pm. The eBay system tracks your performance and other metrics such as courier performance, buyers location etc to make a dynamic EDD for your buyer. In this case here the item should have been sent on the Friday afternoon. Would work through the Royal Mail system Sat/Mon/Tues and arrive to the buyer. This timing is correct and we do not see any technical issues at play here. The buyer would see the maximum timeframe which is the 20th and would not be allowed to open a case with eBay until after it had passed and the item would be classified as late at that time as Saturday is a working day for Royal Mail.

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support
Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.

eBay
Message 24 of 25
See Most Recent

@e.4.user wrote:

Thank you Kat - eBay item number:334910482874. If its not returned to the seller, how buyer's like me gets our refund?

I believe that if something is not always guaranteed, the policy should make this clear so that customers are informed of their options before making a purchase.

Hi @e.4.user ,

Thank you for the item number. Let me follow it up with the click and collect team and I will let you know.

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support

eBay
Message 25 of 25
See Most Recent
About this Weekly Chat!

Welcome to the Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team! Unless otherwise noted, chats occur every Wednesday from 2pm to 3pm.

Our Community Team will be in the Chats to help with the questions.

If you have multiple questions please open a post per question so we can get back to them individually. If it's something we can't answer right away we will get back to you after the chat has finished.