Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 25.10.23 @2pm

Hi everybody!

The Community Chat will open at 2pm and will remain open until 3pm on Wednesday. After that it will be closed for further questions. Of course, we will continue to take care of answering any questions that may still be unanswered—We’ll get to everything as quickly as possible. 

Please ask your questions in the thread below. In order to be able to answer your questions as quickly as possible, we ask you to have one question per post. Of course, you can make as many posts as you like in the Chat- the more the merrier!

Our eBay Community Team is made up of marco@ebay, katie@ebay and anita@ebay. Between us, we have knowledge in Buying, Selling, Fulfilment, Payments, and the Community itself. Anything we aren’t sure on we’ll know the people who will be! Please ask us any questions you may have and we’ll do all we can to support. 

To ask your question, click Reply in the lower-right corner of this post, type your question, and click Reply between 2pm and 3pm. The community team will answer each incoming question in chronological order, and will quote the original question in each answer. 

Please note that any reply without a question to the community team or discussion replies may be removed from the chat. We want to keep on track to get through as many questions as possible. We welcome all discussion to be moved to the discussion boards. 

If you missed the weekly chat time, please ask your question in the community boards and tag us or we will be back next week with another chat! 

Many thanks,

Your eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 29
See Most Recent
28 REPLIES 28

Hi, 

is it possible to explain how I can get a list of my stagnant listings as at the eBay open day this was expressed as an important way to maintain our selling status. However I am struggling to find the way to obtain this information. The way it is discussed on the video shows it's necessity but not how to actually obtain the report. Any help really appreciated. 

Many thanks - Terry

Message 2 of 29
See Most Recent

Hello,

Are there any plans for a Black Friday promotion for Business Sellers this year? The last one we had was a 20% off with Ebay funding 10% of the discount.

Message 3 of 29
See Most Recent

@cobwebcottage wrote:

Hello,

Are there any plans for a Black Friday promotion for Business Sellers this year? The last one we had was a 20% off with Ebay funding 10% of the discount.

Hi cobwebcottage, thanks for your post.

I wouldn't be able to confirm anything at the moment, but we will updating sellers via messages, so keep an eye out on your messages.

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 4 of 29
See Most Recent

Hello

I raised an issue last week where I mentioned my sales from overseas had dropped, even though global shipping tab was on, for the listings.  The team were going to look at this and get back to me,  Marco (he has not).

Having looked further into this, and for the items we sell (Marine outboard items)  it appears listings  as NEW OTHER AND USED Global shipping will not allow to send overseas, even though the Global shipping tab is on.

When I changed the listings as NEW just as an experiment I wish to add, the overseas countires were displayed.

It was mentioned from kind ebay members to change the categories to see if this helped, it did not.

I spoke to ebay customer service and they told me to contact Pitney Bowes for guidance.  Pitney Bowes said I need to go back to ebay to obtain the recent changes and restrictions.

Thanks 

Message 5 of 29
See Most Recent

Any solution yet to the number of sellers excluded from any fvf promos since February? No random selection just turned off whereas those that had them still get them every fortnight?

Message 6 of 29
See Most Recent

What is the point of asking a question on here when we are told, 'We will pass it back to the team, and get back to you' - then nothing happens.

I asked a question months ago, which Kat was looking into for me. She did update me once a few weeks after to say it was still being looked at, but nothing since. (I know she is on maternity leave now, but this was well before that.)

I asked another question 2 weeks ago which Marco was dealing with - again, nothing back.

The first question was why sometimes I don't get a fee credit when making a (voluntary, not forced) part refund. OK, we are only talking pennies here, so it's not too important.

However, the second question was why did a buyer buy 7 items at the same time, pay for 6 in one go, and get my set postage discount, as they should. Then pay for the other one separately but only pay the 'each extra item' cost postage. I checked, and the purchases were treated as 2 'transactions' (I was charged the 30p fixed fee on each) - so the buyer should have paid full postage for the single item.

My concern was (and still is), that if a buyer buys 6 items and pays for them individually, I will get 6 x 30p transaction charges, but they could get the discounted postage, which would put me out of pocket. And this IS important, because if that is the case, I need to get rid of the auto postage discounts and just do them manually, so that I can deduct the extra 30p charges from the discount.

Message 7 of 29
See Most Recent

Hi

Why has everyone's sales taken a massive hit over the last few months?  What has change with the ebay search? This is having a massive effect on so many businesses but ebay has offered no support.

Message 8 of 29
See Most Recent

@sumnites wrote:

Any solution yet to the number of sellers excluded from any fvf promos since February? No random selection just turned off whereas those that had them still get them every fortnight?

Hi @sumnites,

There is no technical issue in regard to Final Value Fee promotions.

There were some changes made as to how these are sent out. These are done by our teams and sent to selling accounts, we do not have access to foresee what sellers may get. Please make sure all your communication preferences are turned on and keep an eye on your promotion section of your seller hub.

Thanks,

Katie 

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 9 of 29
See Most Recent

Hi @catmancatfish, thanks for your post.

You can find your underperforming listings along with many other insights on how you are performing in Seller Hub >  Terapeak Product Research. Please visit  this page for more information.

Thanks,

Anita

Message 10 of 29
See Most Recent

@lincolnshiremarine wrote:

Hello

I raised an issue last week where I mentioned my sales from overseas had dropped, even though global shipping tab was on, for the listings.  The team were going to look at this and get back to me,  Marco (he has not).

Having looked further into this, and for the items we sell (Marine outboard items)  it appears listings  as NEW OTHER AND USED Global shipping will not allow to send overseas, even though the Global shipping tab is on.

When I changed the listings as NEW just as an experiment I wish to add, the overseas countires were displayed.

It was mentioned from kind ebay members to change the categories to see if this helped, it did not.

I spoke to ebay customer service and they told me to contact Pitney Bowes for guidance.  Pitney Bowes said I need to go back to ebay to obtain the recent changes and restrictions.

Thanks 

Hi lincolnshiremarine, thanks for your post.

An update on this was provided last week, if you go back to the original post where you asked your query about this, you will see my update there.

Thank you,

Marco

eBay
Message 11 of 29
See Most Recent

@kempseykate wrote:

What is the point of asking a question on here when we are told, 'We will pass it back to the team, and get back to you' - then nothing happens.

I asked a question months ago, which Kat was looking into for me. She did update me once a few weeks after to say it was still being looked at, but nothing since. (I know she is on maternity leave now, but this was well before that.)

I asked another question 2 weeks ago which Marco was dealing with - again, nothing back.

The first question was why sometimes I don't get a fee credit when making a (voluntary, not forced) part refund. OK, we are only talking pennies here, so it's not too important.

However, the second question was why did a buyer buy 7 items at the same time, pay for 6 in one go, and get my set postage discount, as they should. Then pay for the other one separately but only pay the 'each extra item' cost postage. I checked, and the purchases were treated as 2 'transactions' (I was charged the 30p fixed fee on each) - so the buyer should have paid full postage for the single item.

My concern was (and still is), that if a buyer buys 6 items and pays for them individually, I will get 6 x 30p transaction charges, but they could get the discounted postage, which would put me out of pocket. And this IS important, because if that is the case, I need to get rid of the auto postage discounts and just do them manually, so that I can deduct the extra 30p charges from the discount.

Hi @kempseykate,

Thanks for your question. In some situations here we are taking members feedback, that is when you will see that we are sending it over to a team. We believe in setting expectations of what is happening. If my next step is to pass feedback on we want to share that's what we are doing. We then share what we can back to the community.

In your two examples they are more so issues we can investigate further. I apologise for the delay in hearing back from us on them. We have had a lot of absence and movement of staff over the last few months and this looks to have fallen through the gaps.

I'll take on these two issues for you. Could you bring me up to speed with examples and further information either here, in PM or in a separate thread?

I'll do what I can to help.

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 12 of 29
See Most Recent

I would like to add the overseas sales have dropped so much, hence this being very noticeable and me looking into this.  What is the point of having Global shipping offered as part of the ebay package and we cannot send overseas anymore, when we use too.

Best wishes 

Message 13 of 29
See Most Recent

Thank you katie@ebay 

I will trawl back through my send PMs and re-send it to you. 

Message 14 of 29
See Most Recent

@kempseykate wrote:

Thank you katie@ebay 

I will trawl back through my send PMs and re-send it to you. 

Thanks @kempseykate.

In regard to the one 2 weeks ago with Marco, we are still awaiting a response on it and we will keep in touch with you on it as we know more.

In the meantime, lets revisit the issue Kat was helping you with.

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 15 of 29
See Most Recent

@lincolnshiremarine wrote:

I would like to add the overseas sales have dropped so much, hence this being very noticeable and me looking into this.  What is the point of having Global shipping offered as part of the ebay package and we cannot send overseas anymore, when we use too.

Best wishes 

Thanks for your reply, lincolnshiremarine.

After review there is no issue in your account that is preventing you from getting international sales. Regarding of the example you provided, the item in question wasn't part of our GSP program, and you had no delivery method set up for the buyer's location which was Norway, and that's why they weren't able to purchase the item at that time.

Thanks,

Marco

eBay
Message 16 of 29
See Most Recent

@teflon2237 wrote:

Hi

Why has everyone's sales taken a massive hit over the last few months?  What has change with the ebay search? This is having a massive effect on so many businesses but ebay has offered no support.

Hi @teflon2237, thanks for your post.

There are no recent changes within eBay's search. While I understand your concern, there are no issues affecting sales. It is within eBay’s interest that you sell as much as possible. And, while I understand that your sales may have dropped, it may be not the case for everyone. There are number of things that can affect your sales, please note that the type of the items and seasonality is also a factor. I would recommend using our tools and resources to analyze your listings and sales.

Thanks,

Anita

Message 17 of 29
See Most Recent

This is more of a suggestion than a question.

I rarely use my £10 packaging coupon that comes with the mid range shop subscription, mainly because the product range is very limited. 
Any chance of a wider range of products being included?

Jo

Message 18 of 29
See Most Recent

Hi, 

sorry is this the specific stagnant listings list as referred to in the briefings as the stagnant listings can be produced in a csv file by eBay as I have been emailed one, however I have not been able to produce the report myself. 

Message 19 of 29
See Most Recent

Well the changes made turned many sellers permanently off. The February Club as we call ourselves have altered nothing and got promo in Feb then never again. We have tried tinkering with account details, no change. We have tried having no listings and no promo encourgement to relist. We have tried listing a few things and still no change. CS have even advised opening a new account that may then get promos as the old account is stuck. Seems to me the only option to end the discrimination. Low value sellers cannot work with full fees and naturally only list when a promo. Ebay still get some fees and traffic whch is better than nothing. We have had over 4 different excuses for this glitch now including 'there was a glitch now sorted' NOPE

Message 20 of 29
See Most Recent
About this Weekly Chat!

Welcome to the Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team! Unless otherwise noted, chats occur every Wednesday from 2pm to 3pm.

Our Community Team will be in the Chats to help with the questions.

If you have multiple questions please open a post per question so we can get back to them individually. If it's something we can't answer right away we will get back to you after the chat has finished.