Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 25.10.23 @2pm

Hi everybody!

The Community Chat will open at 2pm and will remain open until 3pm on Wednesday. After that it will be closed for further questions. Of course, we will continue to take care of answering any questions that may still be unanswered—We’ll get to everything as quickly as possible. 

Please ask your questions in the thread below. In order to be able to answer your questions as quickly as possible, we ask you to have one question per post. Of course, you can make as many posts as you like in the Chat- the more the merrier!

Our eBay Community Team is made up of marco@ebay, katie@ebay and anita@ebay. Between us, we have knowledge in Buying, Selling, Fulfilment, Payments, and the Community itself. Anything we aren’t sure on we’ll know the people who will be! Please ask us any questions you may have and we’ll do all we can to support. 

To ask your question, click Reply in the lower-right corner of this post, type your question, and click Reply between 2pm and 3pm. The community team will answer each incoming question in chronological order, and will quote the original question in each answer. 

Please note that any reply without a question to the community team or discussion replies may be removed from the chat. We want to keep on track to get through as many questions as possible. We welcome all discussion to be moved to the discussion boards. 

If you missed the weekly chat time, please ask your question in the community boards and tag us or we will be back next week with another chat! 

Many thanks,

Your eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 29
See Most Recent
28 REPLIES 28

@bojangled wrote:

This is more of a suggestion than a question.

I rarely use my £10 packaging coupon that comes with the mid range shop subscription, mainly because the product range is very limited. 
Any chance of a wider range of products being included?

Jo

Hi bojangled, thanks for your post.

Thanks for your suggestion, we will pass your feedback on, so this can be taken into consideration. If you any more suggestions, please let us know.

Have a good one,

Marco

I am currently away and will return on the 20th of May. Please expect a delay in my reply

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 21 of 29
See Most Recent

@sumnites wrote:

Well the changes made turned many sellers permanently off. The February Club as we call ourselves have altered nothing and got promo in Feb then never again. We have tried tinkering with account details, no change. We have tried having no listings and no promo encourgement to relist. We have tried listing a few things and still no change. CS have even advised opening a new account that may then get promos as the old account is stuck. Seems to me the only option to end the discrimination. Low value sellers cannot work with full fees and naturally only list when a promo. Ebay still get some fees and traffic whch is better than nothing. We have had over 4 different excuses for this glitch now including 'there was a glitch now sorted' NOPE

Hi @sumnites,

Thank you for your reply. These final value fee discounts are a promotion and are not guaranteed to be on seller's account. We recommend not building them into your business plan for this reason. There is no glitch in regard to final value fee promotions at this time.

Thanks,

Katie 

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 22 of 29
See Most Recent

Thanks Marco, some plastic free options/recyclable/environment friendly would be most welcome, good old fashioned board backed envelopes .

Not giving you a shopping list , but a tenner is tenner these days.....

Jo

Message 23 of 29
See Most Recent

@bojangled wrote:

Thanks Marco, some plastic free options/recyclable/environment friendly would be most welcome, good old fashioned board backed envelopes .

Not giving you a shopping list , but a tenner is tenner these days.....

Jo

Thanks for your reply, bojangled

No problem, that's what we are here for, if you have any more suggestions send them our way. While we cannot guarantee that we will add the suggested features, they are reviewed, and depending on the suggestion it might be included in future updates.

Thank you,

Marco

I am currently away and will return on the 20th of May. Please expect a delay in my reply

eBay
Message 24 of 29
See Most Recent

Dear Marco

I have just looked at your reply, please see mine:  

As mentioned It appears the issue is that anything listed as NEW OTHER/USED for us, with the items we sell (maybe different for others) Global shipping will no longer support.   As said I did an experiment and popped one item listed as NEW OTHER that was on for Global shipping, but no overseas postage came up to NEW and then all the overseas countires came up.

This is such a shame now moving forward, as sales on ebay have dropped and now overseas sales too.  We liked using Global shipping, as a seller it protected us when sending things overseas, and Ebay sold us this great Global shipping perk when we upgraded.

Best wishes

Message 25 of 29
See Most Recent

@catmancatfish wrote:

Hi, 

sorry is this the specific stagnant listings list as referred to in the briefings as the stagnant listings can be produced in a csv file by eBay as I have been emailed one, however I have not been able to produce the report myself. 

@catmancatfish, thanks for your reply.

This specific report is something our teams were providing during the eBay open event, however it’s not something sellers may download themselves. Therefore we recommend using resources that are available in Seller Hub.

Thanks,

Anita 

Message 26 of 29
See Most Recent

Hi Marco,

Could you also suggest if we could carry over the £10 packaging coupon to the following months so we can buy some of the more expensive packaging too?  Some of us wouldn't buy Ebay branded packaging without the voucher so it would make sense if we could accumulate the monthly totals. Win for us and good publicity for Ebay.

Message 27 of 29
See Most Recent

@lincolnshiremarine wrote:

Dear Marco

I have just looked at your reply, please see mine:  

As mentioned It appears the issue is that anything listed as NEW OTHER/USED for us, with the items we sell (maybe different for others) Global shipping will no longer support.   As said I did an experiment and popped one item listed as NEW OTHER that was on for Global shipping, but no overseas postage came up to NEW and then all the overseas countires came up.

This is such a shame now moving forward, as sales on ebay have dropped and now overseas sales too.  We liked using Global shipping, as a seller it protected us when sending things overseas, and Ebay sold us this great Global shipping perk when we upgraded.

Best wishes

Thanks for your reply, lincolnshiremarine

I see where you are coming from. However, we even compared the example you shared with us last week with a different listing you had live and that one was all ok. If you provide another example, I will be more than happy to send it for review as well, and I can update you here again once the review is done.

Thanks,

Marco.

eBay
Message 28 of 29
See Most Recent

@cobwebcottage wrote:

Hi Marco,

Could you also suggest if we could carry over the £10 packaging coupon to the following months so we can buy some of the more expensive packaging too?  Some of us wouldn't buy Ebay branded packaging without the voucher so it would make sense if we could accumulate the monthly totals. Win for us and good publicity for Ebay.

Hi @cobwebcottage , thanks for your post.

I’m afraid it’s something that cannot be carried over to the following months if not used. However, I’ll pass on your feedback to the relevant teams.

Thanks,

Anita

Message 29 of 29
See Most Recent
About this Weekly Chat!

Welcome to the Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team! Unless otherwise noted, chats occur every Wednesday from 2pm to 3pm.

Our Community Team will be in the Chats to help with the questions.

If you have multiple questions please open a post per question so we can get back to them individually. If it's something we can't answer right away we will get back to you after the chat has finished.